Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ages of Action web site up
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:29 pm 

Thanks for the quick follow-up LG, I'm looking forward to this release, so it'd be nice to hear that it's a go.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:02 pm 

Wow, thanks for the quick feedback. I'm also looking forward to this line as well. And I am eagerly awaiting the release of the Stryker since it has not yet been done in 1:18 by any other company.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:44 pm 

First off; thank you very much for stopping by. It's great to see a company that is actively communicating with those of us in the collecting community.

I'll echo the sentiments of previous members about my anticipation of the Stryker. I really do hope this piece comes to fruition.

Whist I understand that final decisions about the Bravo Team line is not in your hands, I would like to ask if there are plans to either re-release the modern figures as they were, or to repaint them in the near future. I for one did not get my quota of US Army figures and would happily purchase more in either fashion. I suppose the same question could be asked of the vehicles.

Again, thanks.
BC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:27 pm 
Snake Staked

ExtnsvEnterprise wrote:
First off; thank you very much for stopping by. It's great to see a company that is actively communicating with those of us in the collecting community.

I'll echo the sentiments of previous members about my anticipation of the Stryker. I really do hope this piece comes to fruition.

BC

I agree, Its wonderful to see you interacting with potential consumers and collectors.

- Aristotle."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:34 pm 

Let me add my voice of thanks to that as well.

Given my directional shift toward fantasy style customs you are a godsend to me with these new figures--I can honestly say I'm truly looking forward to snapping up as many as I can buy. :-)

BTW, kudos as well on the 1:18 FOV military figures--the detailing was great but what I liked most of all was the little extras in the form of the accessories added to each (things like gas cans and cases of MREs) with the heavy detailing were a very, very nice touch!

Fantasy, sci-fi, post-apocalyptic, my Tribute to The Genius of Cap, and more!

I have moved on. If you want to know where I can be found, contact me through my site.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:47 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I'm very interested in the Ages of Action figures. It's great to see a company take time to join a forum and talk with fans (and potential fans). It makes me want to support this line that much more actually when I see such devotion to a product by a company.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:48 pm 

Hi All,

I am happy to have all your 'ears' on AGES OF ACTION, and appreciate all your interest and support.

On the question of BRAVO TEAM modern figure repaints---I will try to have answers for you, pending product development meetings overseas, in a couple weeks.

On the 1:18 Stryker---my understanding today is that it will be offered in a 2009 assortment...I know this is a ways off for you, and I've yet to confirm a release date, but it does look like this will be getting produced.

On AGES OF ACTION product development---as a collector of sorts myself and a very 'hands on' product manager who has been working closely with Osprey since Toy Fair last year, this is a very 'personal' project for me. I believe in the line and its potential for success, and, moreover, introducing the creation to the very people that will support it once its sold into retail---our valued collector/consumers.

To this end, please spread the word about this program to fellow collectors---and invite them to inquire about AGES OF ACTION here on your forums. I'll be sure to keep checking in :)

Best Regards,

L. Gatdula
Panache Place, Inc./Unimax Toys, Ltd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:57 pm 
Mr. Patience

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait for these figures to hit the shelves. If they are half as nice as they look in the pictures I'll be buying quite a few.

Unfortunity I'm not real happy about the books being offered with the toys. Once I have one book why would I need multiple copies? I could donate some and give some away , but after that they're going to end up in the recycling bin.

And Ditto to the comment after this one.

Last edited by gijoey on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:04 pm 

lg2, if you have any say in the basic design of the figures themselves, please, please, try and get them better hip articulation. If your figures had ball jointed hips, I would've bought them by the caseload at Target.

I would LOVE to have a truly nicely articulated army of modern soldiers!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:01 pm 
Plug
Plug

lg2 wrote:
To this end, please spread the word about this program to fellow collectors---and invite them to inquire about AGES OF ACTION here on your forums. I'll be sure to keep checking in :)

Best Regards,

L. Gatdula
Panache Place, Inc./Unimax Toys, Ltd.
Since you're being so honest and upfront with us I'll return the favor. In this community there is one man whose opinion on upcoming products is held in the highest regard. That man goes by the name General Hawk here and at his own site http://www.generalsjoes.com. I'm sure we'd all like a sneak peek at these figures, but if you had to pick one person to get us hooked like plastic crack addicts, he's the guy you want to talk to.

Personally, these look great in all the pictures we've seen, but I can't wait to see in the stores and hold them in my hand. I hope this line does very well for you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:21 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

lg2 wrote:
On AGES OF ACTION product development---as a collector of sorts myself and a very 'hands on' product manager who has been working closely with Osprey since Toy Fair last year, this is a very 'personal' project for me. I believe in the line and its potential for success, and, moreover, introducing the creation to the very people that will support it once its sold into retail---our valued collector/consumers.

I'd buy an Osprey the second I saw one in store! Those are pretty neat vehicles and to have one compatible with 3 3/4" figures would be great. I've actually got one on my "want to do list" if I can ever get around to finishing these others that I'm working on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:31 pm 

J_Man wrote:
lg2 wrote:

I'd buy an Osprey the second I saw one in store! Those are pretty neat vehicles and to have one compatible with 3 3/4" figures would be great. I've actually got one on my "want to do list" if I can ever get around to finishing these others that I'm working on.

J_man he's talking Osprey COMPANY not the Osprey plane. ;-) :-P
Though a Osprey plane in 1:18th would be great like the Chap Mei one only a little larger.

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:01 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

roguetiger wrote:
J_Man wrote:
lg2 wrote:

J_man he's talking Osprey COMPANY not the Osprey plane. ;-) :-P
Though a Osprey plane in 1:18th would be great like the Chap Mei one only a little larger.

Oh, well :-P then, hehe.

So aside from the Chap Mei one, if I can complete mine soon, I guess mine will be all I'll have. I saw the name "Osprey" and I guess from wanting one I just assumed that's what was meant.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:23 pm 

Pluv,

Thank you for the referral info. Perhaps I can get the 'General's' thoughts once
we get retail confirmation.

Right now we're working all angles to get AGES OF ACTION an opportunity in the mass
and specialty---and its good to hear there is an avid base of collectors who would love to see
these items at retail as bad we do :)

Cross those fingers and send your support for this and other UNIMAX lines to:

support@panacheplace.com

sales@unimax.com.hk (our corporate office's email)

Thank You!

L. Gatdula
Panache Place, Inc./UNimax Toys, Ltd.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:55 pm 
HATES Mattel

gijoey wrote:
Unfortunity I'm not real happy about the books being offered with the toys. Once I have one book why would I need multiple copies? I could donate some and give some away , but after that they're going to end up in the recycling bin.

I think I already offered the idea of giving book-less 3packs in succeeding waves after the booked single comes and goes from the shelves, and the idea was received warmly. So, this is being considered.

I'm not sure ball hips would serve a big purpose for these figs as they have plastic skirts which would pretty much make such ball motion useless anyway. While I'm sure Mr/Mrs Gatdula (what does the 'L' stand for, so we can be sure?) is appreciative of our interest and enthusiastic suggestions, I highly doubt the time to make radical engineering changes is before the first waves of product even hit the shelves.

However, if/once that time does come, I'd recommend The Bandai Motion Revive Kamen Rider's pop'em hip joints as the best medium between articulation and low production cost.

Also, when should we start seeing these AoA figs hitting the shelves? Will they be in the same aisle as the GI Joe, Star Wars, and suchnot products?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])