Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:48 am 

The Spectre wrote:
I don't know if everyone is aware of it or not, but Walmart has the "Rogue One" U-Wing and TIE Striker 3.75" scale vehicles on rollback pricing down to $19.87 (down from around $50 and $40 respectively). I do not know if this is a permanent price reduction or not.

I picked up the 2 vehicles on the way home from work today.

If anyone was holding out on buying them or just want more, now is the time to get them!

Not all Walmarts will have the same price. Mine still has them at $29.87 or something like that.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:55 am 
JC Podcaster

Goldbug wrote:
The Spectre wrote:
I don't know if everyone is aware of it or not, but Walmart has the "Rogue One" U-Wing and TIE Striker 3.75" scale vehicles on rollback pricing down to $19.87 (down from around $50 and $40 respectively). I do not know if this is a permanent price reduction or not.

I picked up the 2 vehicles on the way home from work today.

If anyone was holding out on buying them or just want more, now is the time to get them!

Not all Walmarts will have the same price. Mine still has them at $29.87 or something like that.

Did you scan them? Sometimes my local Walmarts do not put the sale signs/tags out but the items scan at the sale price.

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:28 pm 
JC Podcaster

I had a great haul day today!

My Safari Ltd. Scores from Michaels and A.C.Moore thanks to 55% + 60% off coupons!

More heavily discounted "Star Wars" scores!

The Wal-Mart exclusive Black Series Kylo Ren figures were on Rollback to $5.86 (50% of the original retail). I picked them up after I saw a picture of how cool they look without the softgoods skirts. I plan on using them as base bodies for some elite castle defenders for my fantasy diorama. I would like to score 2 more eventually.

The rather uncommon "The Force Awakens" figures were found at 5 Below. I now have all of the nonhuman figures released with the exception of Admiral Akbar. I avoid the 5POA figures unless they look really cool and refuse to pay full price for them.

I hit the fairy village fantasy diorama fodder motherload today between A.C.Moore, Michaels and Tuesday Morning!

Everything but the chairs on the green cards from Tuesday Morning were 50% off. Some of the bagged/carded items from A.C.Moore are damaged but they are an easy fix with Krazy Glue and I got them for an additional 50% off (except for the gazing ball with the busted column which was marked down to $1!).

Visit me on Facebook!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:44 pm 
JC Podcaster

I forgot to post this last night as I did not pick them up until after 9pm and then got caught up watching the second "Independence Day" movie.

My Saturday mail haul:

I ordered the SD Toys Cthulhu "action figure" from Amazon last week after following its development over the last few Toy Fairs. I put "action figure" in quotation marks as this figure has 0 points of articulation thereby making it a statue not an action figure which is disappointing for anyone wanting to pose it in something other than a standing up straight with arms dangling poses. It is not a total waste though as the sculpt and paintwork are excellent and it is much bigger than I recall the prototype being.

I also ordered the final 2 Boss Fight Studio "Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S." Gorgons when they went live on the site. These final 2 have incredibly striking decos and will look great next to the other members of my Gorgon horde once they get their custom armor and weapons!

Visit me on Facebook!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:09 pm 
DarkJedi'd

Stopped into Wal-Mart after getting my car inspected.

Scanned the 3.75 inch Black Series figures and saw them ring up for $5.84 each.

Grabbed 7x Sergeant Jyn Erso, 2x Ashoka, Rey (Jakku), First Order Stormtrooper, Captain Phasma, Han Solo (TFA), and Darth Vader.

Also got two of the Andor/Erso/K-2SO 3-packs for $5 each.

Then found some WWE DVD sets I was looking for from $3.74-$9.96.

After that, picked up blu ray Fantastic Beasts and Season 7 of Archer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:53 pm 
JC Podcaster

I scored a fifth Wal-Mart exclusive 3.75" "Star Wars" Black Series Kylo Ten to use as a base body for a knight in my fantasy diorama.

I still hope to get 1 more to have a squad of 6 bit all of my local Wal-Mart's are tapped out.

After work, I did something I almost never do: I went into a Target. I am not a fan of Target after their credit card hack a few years back so I very rarely shop there.

I picked up 4 of the "Miles From Tomorrowland" Mission Rover vehicles on clearance for $11.98 each (down from $39.99). I know a lot of customizers have been buying the spaceships from this line to make custom "G.I.Joe" and other vehicles, but I always felt that the line's rounded, retro look clashed with the aesthetics of my Universe so I never picked up any of them.

The Mission Rover, however, is far more realistic looking than anything else in the line and would make for a great workhorse vehicle after some modifications and a complete repaint.

3.75" figure in cab. You can see that there is room underneath the figure's butt to build up a chair. I could possibly fit a second seated figure behind the driver but I have to see.

Rear section with ramp down. The computer station and other bits inside will be removed and the tops and sides will be fused shut leaving only the ramp with the ability to open/close.

The small "Terra Skiff" can still be used with the addition of some handlebars and detailing added. The foot peg is too fat for modern Joes/Star Wars/etc. figures and will have to be removed/replaced.

As you can see 3.75"/4" figures fit very well in the cab and in the cargo area. There is plenty of room to add seats and other bits to bring this vehicle more in line with the super detailed vehicles in the rest of my collection. I could not pass this large vehicle up at this price and I bought every one the store had.

Visit me on Facebook!

Last edited by The Spectre on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:23 pm 

I got these in yesterday. I already had the shirtless figure but picked up all 4 for the price I paid for that 1!!

$4.77 for all 4 shipped :) so I still have the shirtless 1 bagged. I keep saying "these are fodder", but they are pretty cool :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 pm 

Thanks for the heads up on Wal-Mart Spectre. Just millions of Endor Hans for the black series, but I did snag a U-Wing. That thing is awesome at $20.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:23 pm 

I picked up a really big toy today. Got me a used F-150 Lariet SuperCrew. It may not be new or an action figure but you can bet I'm gonna enjoy playing with it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:53 pm 
JC Podcaster

I stopped at Barnes & Noble after work and found these awesome Bandai "Figure Rise Effects" Aura Effect sets for only $9.95 each!

I grabbed all 3 that they had (2 Yellow and 1 Blue set). They ordered a second Blue set for me and it will be ready for pick up at the store in 3-7 business days (they will email me when it comes in).

I really like these Bandai "Figure Rise Effect" Aura Effect bases, especially the Blue one. I hope they do additional colors (green would be AWESOME!).

Aura Effect (Blue)
Parts

Assembled

Assembled - top view

With 3.75" figure for scale.

Aura Effect (Yellow)
Parts

Assembled

Assembled - top view

With 3.75" figure for scale.

The Aura splash is made from a very similar rigid plastic to the canopy pieces from fighter jet models or model car windshields so be very careful not to crack them when removing them from their sprue (I actually cut them free instead of pulling).

The lightning pieces are flexible vinyl very similar to the lightning effects from action figures but are heavier.

As these are intended for use with Bandai's 7" figures, they are quite large compared to 3.75" figures but that makes them even better since with careful arrangement inside the Aurora, you could fit a small group of characters instead of just one 7" figure.

Visit me on Facebook!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:02 pm 

those are cool! I could see a terminator scene with the blue set.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:00 am 

After a few jobs in The Great White North, I went on a shopping spree between the local Walmart and then K-Mart after I returned to the States. Couldn't find any other Metroids (sorry Spectre), but did find Samus in her Phazon Suit.

Haven't been into Transformers for a while, but these Titan Masters are neat and sucked me back into their realm. Not pictured is the loose Blurr I'd bought off eBay - he may be the last figure I'll purchase for another long stretch... until some other gimmick comes down the line and it catches my eye. :shifty:

Speaking of eBay:
I'd won Cap's custom Leon Kennedy figure! Once he was out of his padded, travelling envelope, Leon went straight to work putting down a couple skeletons that were up to no good. Agent Drop Point and Cut-Up were just tagging along for spits and giggles! :lol:

Dude, this figure is quite nice! I dont know if he was supposed to have a pistol, or if the holster was only meant for the giant Bowie knife he came with, but DP let him borrow her sidearm this time around. Thank you so much for allowing it to be included in the Joecustoms auction. Does my purchase induct me into the "Donor" category now? ;-)

I agree, Spectre - if Bandai does one of those effect sets in green, I'm gonna be all over it! And good call on that space rover! :like: Maybe one of Marauder's clear stands would easily fit onto the hover skiff?

Those mini Lee's are radical, 2DARK2C! Nice score for such a low price. :-)

"Liable to crack a bad joke at any given time... even during combat. And though he's good at being sneaky with exceptional fighting skills, don't call Cut-Up a ninja - he believes the term 'lost meaning when it went mainstream' during the 90s."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:04 am 

looks like fun cut-up :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:06 pm 
JC Podcaster

What happens when I go into PetSmart to get something for my cats?

I also walk out with $80 in resin diorama parts from their fish and reptile sections...

These pieces are made from a heavy resin and are prepainted well enough that I will only have to make minor touch ups to them for them to be useful in my dioramas.

Green stone environment with the always awesome Boss Fight Studio "Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S" 3.75" figures.

Desert environment with the always awesome Boss Fight Studio "Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S" 3.75" figures.

Visit me on Facebook!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:52 pm 

snake hides foe snake ladies! did they have any more ruins to go with the large piece I traded you?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140 ... 379  Next

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:42 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])