Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generic MegaBloks thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:57 am 

Fall 2018 sets . If that release date holds I think the Wind Raider actually will include He-Man and Skeleton . That's not a deal breaker but a different villain or hero combination would have been a better choice.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:57 am 

Dbl post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:31 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

So I ordered some KASI knock-off MB CoD figures. It was a set of 4 for $15, but each one came with the equivalent of the ~$8 MB single-figure sets. Pics and review below:

As I've said before, I'm not a big brick collector, not liking the aesthetics of the exposed studs on finished builds. If I were a brick builder, this set would be well worth the $15. The sets themselves are good, with lots of pieces and some interesting design choices (such as the pistol for kickstand on the motorcycle). There are some really nice weapons included and I don't recall seeing some of them from Mega, so they're nice to have as spares to arm figures with. Their belts have the square pegs for attaching accessories, but none of the included accessories (guns, walkie-talkies, grenades, etc) have matching holes to let them be used.

I don't think the bricks or figures are ABS. They're too soft and pliant. However, this is a good thing, as the bricks lock tightly together. Unfortunately, the figures have loose elbows, but overall, their quality is close to that of the MB figures they're cloned from, with some differences I'll point out in the pics. Paint apps are decent, but the faces are a bit goofy looking. They're the same size as CoD figures, but they were slimmed down or something, because they seem taller.

The sets are numbered KY3001-X, so I'll just start with KY3001-1 and go from there:
This set includes a motorcycle (with a blobby pistol that you use as the kickstand - weird, but it works), a hedgehog/barbed wire strand, and fence with warning sign, barrel, and weapons crate. Each set also includes the instruction sheet and a card depicting the character in action.

All the figures are wearing a beret, and as you can see in this pic, the instead of the "T" that Mega uses to hold headgear on, KAZI uses a peg on the head with sculpted hair around it so they don't look too bad without their cover on. This one, I cannot get the beret to stay on well, but the others do.

Set 2:

The set includes a wheelbarrow, and the display has 3 barrels and a work light tower. The lights are ball-jointed so they can be moved. (I may actually reuse them in a display since they don't look brick-like)

Set 3:

It's a radio tower with sandbags and barbed wire, a barrel, and machine gun on tripod

You can see that the hands are similar to the CoD hands, but the fingers are a bit elongated

Set 4, probably my faorite

As you can see, it has an Outpost Defender/Bivouac vibe going on. The base is a canopy covered lean-to with barbed wire, weapons case, barrel, and sandbags

They're fun little sets and for the price not too bad. I got them mainly for the figures, but some of the accessories will be useful.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:55 pm 

Very cool. I like their slimmer weapons, kinda like the weapons that come with the CoD WW2 sets.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:50 pm 
HATES Mattel

Where'd you get them? Do they do spacey Halo/Destiny KOs?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:13 pm 

@Redmao: Yeah, I really like the weapons they came with. I wish I could find a set that was just the figures and weapons, none of the brick-play.

@AV: I purchased these from SirToys.com, but it was the only set they had in stock. If you wishlist it on his site, he'll notify you if he can find another set. I'm trying to track down more, but all I can find right now is their Lego style sets, so not sure what other sets might be available. They're one of the bigger names in brick-building in China, so who knows what all they have.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:17 pm 

My He-Man is getting a steed:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:51 pm 

Surprised there are now ko minifigs from Mega, they look interesting.
Still gotta post pics of my Snake Armor Teela and others. I have Battlecat in the works, but so far not too thrilled with it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:09 pm 

More new stuff on the way

That container has great potential and I really like that new CoD character's head sculpt.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:43 pm 

A great example of what makes Mega Construx great. Excellent world building fodder across the board in the video.

I fully support KO everything (lol) so it's nice to see these Mega KO's in the plastic flesh. I've known about them for a long time via another bloks board but this is my first confirmation of someone actually owning a set (at least in a western country).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 am 

I'm tempted to jump on these and these, but if someone else wants them, I'll pass since I already snagged the other set.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 am 

...that set of 8 figures is some what tempting. It looks like one of the heads is "new" i.e. not a KO of an existing head (or at least it's been modified and color changed).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:10 am 

Suntzu wrote:
...that set of 8 figures is some what tempting. It looks like one of the heads is "new" i.e. not a KO of an existing head (or at least it's been modified and color changed).

What I like is the solid colors. It's nice to see a pure white figure instead of weird color flakes or swirls. It's annoying when making customs. I would buy the set, but I think the wife is gonna kill me if I buy anything else right now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 pm 

EXACTLY

It's the only reason i parted with all of my arctic troops long ago and avoid white Spartans in the HALO line. Solid white = blank canvas. Speckled white camo = wth do i do with this?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:49 pm 

Here is a WIP Goldar I started a few hours ago. Needs paint of coarse but I'm happy with the progress so far. Rita will be posted soon

Attachments:
IMG_20180422_43121.jpg
IMG_20180422_43121.jpg [ 29.78 KiB | Viewed 917 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 84  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])