Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:55 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generic MegaBloks thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 am 

I've got you covered.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:02 am 
HATES Mattel

captain tomorrow wrote:
I found some of the Destiny speeder bike sets at 4 bucks at Ross. Just put together an AU punisher that I'll have to post.

I also nabbed one. Love them 4armed weirdos!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:45 am 

I suppose should be happy that the $4 speeder bikes haven't shown up in my area. I'd probably buy more than need.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:08 am 
HATES Mattel

Keep an eye out for the Starlink: Battle for Atlas ships.
https://www.google.com/search?q=starlin ... atlas+toys

I picked up Judge in the Neptune ship a few days back and quite enjoy him and it; although I'll wait until the other ships are around $10 before I get any more of them. Those HeroClix-ish figures are all too small to upticulate with MegaBloks like I've begun with Judge; but the pilots are all swappable so all the ships should be able to fit an MB pilot like the Neptune does.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:41 pm 

There seem to be a lack of spaceships on the shelves these days, except for SW stuff of course.

The Starlink line looks nice, but the gaming miniature like pilot instead of an articulated figure and the price point don't make the line very exciting. I'd be happy with a MASK like tiny pilot that sit in the cockpit.
Do the Starlink cockpit even open or does the pilot just click somewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:40 pm 
HATES Mattel

It's basically a HeroClix with a squared-off base with clips allowing it to be popped up into the ship and lock in place. Once I cut Judge's feet off the base it makes for a great li'l seat (there's a clear backpiece that works fine for a seatback) with just enough room for a MB figure. I'm using an Elite here but I fear a regular Elite might not fit with his long neck; but all other regular-sized MBs should fit if they can achieve a proper sitting pose. The 4armed and fatboy Destiny guys are probably too big, even if the upper armspair piece is taken out. Since the pilot bases are uniform and swappable I assume the cockpits will all be at least as big as this Neptune ship's.

I have some pics up on FB but it's being a PITA and not letting me get the individual pic URLs for direct posting. You suck, Zuck!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... __=S%2AW-R

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 pm 

Because I was curious and needed a visual. .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am 
HATES Mattel

Ah, that explains why the pilot base is the bottom-most part of the ship. It's the biggest detraction from using these as straight toys as they can't land flat with a pilot onboard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 am 

I bought a few Destiny sets along a Terminator figure. The silver head will be popped on another body to make a mini Microman.

The figures that comes with the Tumbler Sparrow are amazing. I really like the Guardian figure, his colorway and the fins on his helmet make him look like a Japanese super hero from the 80's and the alien is awesome.
I don't know anything about the actual video game, but the characters sure look cool.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, but that should be fixed during the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:55 am 

Did you pay full retail for the Tumbler Sparrow or were you able to get one for $4 or less as so many have (but not me heh)?

The Laurelbearer set looks like absolute toy fun that needs no justification to purchase.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:34 pm 

No, I paid full price on Amazon.ca.
Probably would have bought two if not 3 for $4 each, lol.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:19 pm 

I have a trade that should be official that will provide me just that soon. At $4 each. .fack..who cares if it's Destiny (which I know next to nothing about). They're just good toys.

They remind me so much of the Dragons Universe speeder sets.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:34 pm 
HATES Mattel

I discovered the MegaMan 66mm figures at the comic shop this wknd and nabbed a pair of StarForce MM and a single Super MM and loved that they're MB-sized in the body. Dunno what I'm gonna do with them but they're fun and I want more:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mega+man+66mm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:03 am 

I've been eyeballing MMX on ebay for a month now. I still haven't pulled the trigger. Tempting ...

When you have an oportunity please take a picture of a mega construx figure side by side with a MM figure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 am 
HATES Mattel

I should be able to do that once I go back home for lunch and grab them. They're nowhere near as solid in their construction as MBs, but if you're happy with the SHODO figures these are basically that line done as kid-sized Mega characters. I was happy paying the $8 each for the trio I got at the comic shop, but didn't want to throw much more at trying to get Vile like I'm really wanting. Next time I'm there I will, though. I'm not much a fan of Mega Man and his overly-cartoonish proportions so I'm really diggin' the StarForce buck a lot more than the SuperMega buck. I'm wondering if I can combine these two StarForces into an armored 'adventure' figure for Valeria Richards.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 84  Next

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:55 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])