Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generic MegaBloks thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:01 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

I knew of the Fright Fighter but it came out after I'd abandoned He-Man for GI Joe and Transformers. It definitely has the Micronauts vibe, which makes sense, since a lot of the original prototypes for the early MOTU line cabbaged parts from Micronauts. In fact, Castle Grayskull's prototype cannon was made from Hornatroid parts.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:42 am 

MarkM wrote:
I knew of the Fright Fighter but it came out after I'd abandoned He-Man for GI Joe and Transformers. It definitely has the Micronauts vibe, which makes sense, since a lot of the original prototypes for the early MOTU line cabbaged parts from Micronauts. In fact, Castle Grayskull's prototype cannon was made from Hornatroid parts.

*smiles*

I remember the transition like it was yesterday.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/86/

"Can it be that it was all so simple then?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:28 pm 

Yeah, 86 was a great year for Joes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:16 am 

Well now.... will mega have some competition in the " 2 inch scale" category?

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jazwares-and-epic-games-extend-partnership-for-fortnite-toys-and-collectibles-through-2025-301243743.html

Quote:
Also in 2022, fans can expect to find an all-new lineup of highly detailed 2" action figures with multiple points of articulation and accompanying playsets, vehicles and accessories to build out their world of Fortnite in miniature scale. The multi-year deal extends Epic Games and Jazwares' successful three-year partnership.

Would Jazwares potentially cannibalize their 4'' figure sales by releasing a 2 inch figure with articulation on par with Mega Construx (which rivals 4'' figures in the articulation department)? I don't think so but if the 2'' figures come close to Mega articulation i'd be willing to 3D print the joints needed to bring them completely up to mega level (or bash them onto Mega Construx bodies).

I'll always have a soft spot for Mega as they were (?) the best action figure buck for the money at one point. The I.P.s are boring as **** (outside of MOTU to a degree) but the Mega bodies are still competing for the title of the "most bang for your buck" in the action figure category .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:31 am 

I think the smaller size will allow Jazwares to release playsets and environments that would be too expensive if done for the 4" line.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:16 am 
HATES Mattel

The *really* interesting thing about Jazstrux figures is the possibility of getting the tie-in licenses in 2" format. Construx Joes? Yes please. Construx Marvel, John Wick, etc? Yes, please.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:41 pm 

I don't follow Fortnite so i hadn't thought about that.

If all of the "Not GI Joe" Fortnite characters are made in an articulated 2'' form.... we'd have a de facto 2'' GI Joe line. Again i don't follow Fortnite closely but i've seen the "not" firefly, duke , snake eyes (8Ball?) and others.

..something to look forward to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 pm 

Would anyone happen to have a Dr. Halsey from HALO they would sell or trade? I'm in the process of making a custom Ripley since I can't determine of MC is going to make her available.

And do the female upper bodies work with male waists/legs?

I went to Hell and killed the devil, now I can't tell time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:53 pm 

dropshipbob wrote:
Would anyone happen to have a Dr. Halsey from HALO they would sell or trade? I'm in the process of making a custom Ripley since I can't determine of MC is going to make her available.

And do the female upper bodies work with male waists/legs?

All the figure parts are compatible between male and female if that helps.
Using the waist and legs from male figures shouldn't be a problem at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:00 pm 

This is good news! I didn't want to buy a male and a female, only to end up having the parts not work together.

Also, if anyone does have Dr. Halsey, can you confirm if her upper body is in fact white, or does it have a bluish tint? Looking at pictures of it on google has it going either way. I really need it to be white.

Cobra Command wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:42 pm 

dropshipbob wrote:
This is good news! I didn't want to buy a male and a female, only to end up having the parts not work together.

Also, if anyone does have Dr. Halsey, can you confirm if her upper body is in fact white, or does it have a bluish tint? Looking at pictures of it on google has it going either way. I really need it to be white.

Cobra Command wrote:

Bluish tint.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:47 pm 

Hmmm, well, I'll just have to make do, as finding a female figure in this line with little detail on her upper body is impossible. Maybe I can cover it up with several light coats of white Krylon fusion.

Cobra Command wrote:
dropshipbob wrote:

Bluish tint.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:46 am 

dropshipbob wrote:
Hmmm, well, I'll just have to make do, as finding a female figure in this line with little detail on her upper body is impossible. Maybe I can cover it up with several light coats of white Krylon fusion.

Cobra Command wrote:
dropshipbob wrote:

Bluish tint.

I wouldn't use fusion, too thick and might not cure too well on the semi soft plastic. Acrylics are your friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:21 pm 

Cobra Command wrote:
I wouldn't use fusion, too thick and might not cure too well on the semi soft plastic. Acrylics are your friend

Ahh, thank you! You may have just saved me from a costly mistake!

I've been searching images of female Mega Blox figures, are there any that had bare lower arms? The only one I can find only had one bare lower arm and was part of a very expensive viking set. Then there's Tela and Evil Lyn from MOTU, but they have gauntlets that would have to be sanded off. I swear I picked one of the worst characters to make my first custom MB figure of.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:28 am 
HATES Mattel

The only female with no forearm sculpting detail are the various Cortanas, imho.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 84  Next

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])