Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generic MegaBloks thread
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:23 am 

can you upsize your prints? or is it hard to adjust once you have it good? i'd really like to see that color changing torso in 1:18. it's super interesting tech with lots of cool things you could do. a predator that went green or even red would be killer. a crotch from build-n-brawl would work with the strait cut of that torso.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:26 am 
HATES Mattel

Okay, that's cooler than a dead penguin's nutsack. NICE.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:41 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Thanks, guys!
Suntzu: scratch build design, using a variety of programs, mostly brush and makehuman.

2D2C: yup, scaling is practically cake with this. The only things I'll have to modify are the neck post and arm/lower torso/backpack sockets.

AV: ummm thanks, I think? Lol

My goal is to design a complete buck that I can then just modify for various characters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:40 pm 

I wound up printing out three more of just the torso to play around with. I didn't realize until I started taking pics that I didn't have the torso seated all the way on the waist piece; the fit is snug, just like the actual MC figures. The torso swivels on the waist for full motion.

Some pics I took with one of the torsos with MC head, arms, legs, and backpack attached:

The head has full range of motion on the neck ball and fits snugly enough that it can hold positions:

The arms fit well and so can be put into various positions:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 am 

they look good! the pics look like old skelly is "stayin' alive".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:07 pm 

Got the Wave 5 MOTU Heroes today -- I'm really liking Man-E-Faces. I love they actually gave him the face changing gimmick. Roboto is nice but I don't like the painted on detailing for his arms. Tri-Klops looks nice but I have the one from the Battle Ram to use in my setup, so this one will stay in package. Trap-Jaw stays in package, as well because I'm okay with the skull playset one for now, until they release a Trappy in original toy colors. For now, I'm not opening Scareglow because I like the figure, but I'm actually okay with my custom for now.

A short review: As expected, Man-E-Faces, Roboto, and Trap Jaw share arms and legs, and for Manny and Roboto, crotch pieces. Roboto has his laser gun, laser axe, and claw attachments - I still have the last two in package until I figure how to store them and not lose them/forget where I put them. It's too bad they didn't decide to give him some sort of attachment holder, like Trap Jaw's belt. I may have to design him a BAT style backpack to do that. Manny just amazes me; he's a fraction of the size of the original figure, yet has practically all the same detail, more articulation, and retained his multi-face gimmick! I have not attempted to remove his harness but it actually holds his head on, as well as the gimmick. I'm curious to find out if they used a standard torso with a unique head that can spin freely on the neck ball or did they make a custom torso without the neck and neck ball? Hopefully I can come up with a second Manny to attempt disassembly at some point to find out. The armor/harness fits too snuggly to comfortably remove without concern of breaking it.

Roboto has a unique torso, along with the aforementioned shared parts. He looks nice in the silver and orange color scheme he had in the original mini-comics. I can understand the need to cut costs by reusing existing arms and just using paint to add detail but it's a bit disappointing. It's not as noticeable on Manny, since they did paint the biceps flesh colors instead of

Of the lot, Manny is definitely my favorite, partly because he was my first non-He-Man or Skeletor figure from the line so there's some sentimentality there, but also because he just plain rocks. Scareglow is nice, but his head is a bit small and he's just not as imposing as I'd like him to be.

Roboto, I'd like to army build this version to use as generic robot sentries from Before the Wars, with the modern Roboto being one that Man-at-Arms recovered and repaired, giving him his own paint scheme.

Pics of MeF and Roboto:
Human...

Robot...

Monster!

Back view of armor:

Domo arigoto, Mr. Roboto:

Trap Jaw's not the only metal mouth able to do some talking around here:

When a robot gets tribal tattoos:

Dude, check out my guns:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:14 pm 

Nice! I ordered mine, and they were "delivered" Friday. By which I mean that they delivered a 5pk of Halo figs that I didn't order. And of course when I tried to return them to get the MOTU pack, the MOTU sets are out of stock. But at least I got my $$$ back :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:17 pm 

Gah! That sucks, Chief! Unless you've shared that on a few other boards, you're the third person I've seen say that happened to them. Hopefully Amazon will offer another run of these.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm 

Those look awesome.

On a side note, I am putting a bag of MB and related figures together from the collection I bought. I want to give it away and would rather do it here on JC but only if there is interest. It'll be a put the name in a hat kinda give-away.

If there is interest and the Mods say it's okay after I get the last two boxes I'll put it all together.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:06 am 

Your pictures are more attractive than the pictures i've seen before. Roboto is really calling to me. The gaudy bright orange, the removable laser hand , the mono eye / visor head..... it's like a Kinder Egg surprise toy , Fisher Price figure and a modern articulated action figure were thrown in a blender and i love it. Sometimes we need something that reminds us that these are toys and not mini statues or high end collectibles. Goodness ...if these had been around when we were all 7 years old....

The Man E Faces is surprisingly more appealing in your pictures as well. If you left the monster face showing and painted the skin colored bits green you'd have a nice army builder.

And it just hit me.... i'm picking up small hints of ROM in the Roboto figure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:42 am 

sgcaper wrote:
If there is interest

There is interest here. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:34 am 
HATES Mattel

All I got was a notice my MOTU set will be in next week instead of release day as promised. This is the kind of stuff that happens when the boss "LASER BLAST" off into outer space to count his ball hairs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:22 am 

Anyone looking to get some custom fodder or who's held off on buying Skeletor skulls, flocked Panthor, He-Man vs Beast Man, or Roton sets - now's the time to get them. Check BrickSeek for your local Wal-Marts. The skulls are being marked down to $2.49 and Roton sets to $6.49. Skelly & Panthor are $3.75. I didn't check the He-Man vs Beast Man sets because I got a ton of them last time they were clearanced out at $1.50.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:19 pm 

i'd love to find panthor for that price just to use as a big kitty in 1:18 :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:57 pm 

Rotron @$6.49? I've even that mentioned elsewhere and it's a steal. If I ever see it at $10 I'd grab one even with my "No more Mega MOTU until X character is made" stance.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])