Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Diaclone powered suits and mechs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:31 am 

If you haven't purchased the blue and white KO Six Shot DA-02 mech suit PICK.IT.UP.

Fack it's an excellent toy. Near perfection

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am 
HATES Mattel

Okay, so. I got a Dianaut DA-03 Powered System Set B Type in navy blue and silver a couple days back. It's fun as all hell, and I was surprised to have played with him a day before realizing the knees work, lol. The 2mm pegs/sockets work with Frame Arms stuff, too! I'm very impressed by the engineering and artic of the Dianaut pilot; but man is that li'l bastid teeny-tiny. I gotta bail on that scale at my age. But the Suit mech is [LASER BLAST]' sweetness and I can def see getting a few more to supplement the rest of my 'midgets at 18th scale' universe.

However, I did not order this item and it was sent mistakenly for a different item bought on ebay. I had ordered a Perfect Effect Warden figure, originally MSRPed at nearly $200 but on sale for $60 with $10 shipping. From what I can see, this Dianaut set should MSRP for about $15-20; but I see most running around $40 with a couple bumping up to $53 (interestingly the same color/set as mine and from the same seller). I've begun the dispute process with the seller, offering a few options to make me happy; but I can't stomach the idea of paying $70 for this li'l bastid, no matter how cool he is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

It depends on if you got a legit one or a KO. If it's the legit, it should be about $40 to $50. If it's the KO, it'd be about $15. Don't give up on the scale (or do, and send me all your pilots/drivers!) - it's so much fun.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:18 pm 

I have an official DA-03 on a shelf mib. The ko has been so fun it's coming out of the package.

I've bought a lot of fun things i wouldn't have otherwise bought in this scale (or any) due to this line. Get yourself a micro rc tank , customize a new futuristic vehicle shell , add a seated area for the pilots and tell me you don't feel like a kid again when you're scouting enemy territory.

Now if I could just find some actual enemies..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm 
HATES Mattel

MarkM wrote:
It depends on if you got a legit one or a KO. If it's the legit, it should be about $40 to $50. If it's the KO, it'd be about $15. Don't give up on the scale (or do, and send me all your pilots/drivers!) - it's so much fun.

I assume the KOs are box-labeled as Lost Planet, right? There's a Shockwave with purple DiaMech I wanna get, and had been assuming would be my first taste of Dias; and that whole set runs about $40, iirc. If $40 is normal for legit stuff, count me out. It's fun and awesome in every way but I can get essentially the same amount and type of fun with a MegaBloks dude for like 1/8th the price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:26 pm 

Here's the legit: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/33815
So yeah, $40 for the little 2" guys if you go 'real' instead of KO.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:19 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
I have an official DA-03 on a shelf mib. The ko has been so fun it's coming out of the package.

I've bought a lot of fun things i wouldn't have otherwise bought in this scale (or any) due to this line. Get yourself a micro rc tank , customize a new futuristic vehicle shell , add a seated area for the pilots and tell me you don't feel like a kid again when you're scouting enemy territory.

Now if I could just find some actual enemies..

Even more fun is when you put the drivers in one of those mini HISS tanks from a few years ago.

The price is the biggest problem I have with this line. The KO prices are what the originals should be. I'm OK with the kos because the quality is better than most transformers I've bought lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:26 pm 
HATES Mattel

And yeah; having bad guys to fight would be cool. IMHO, the obvious route is biomech. Basically copy the ExoSquad format but push it further and have the enemy Dianauts be technorganic dudes riding around in biomecha that all gloms together into fuglier, bigger biomecha. And then you get the mix-n-match fun.

I still have that Shockwave + purple DIaMecha set on my list and I'll decide whether to continue getting into Dia stuff based on that KO and a $15 price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:46 pm 

Morian Miner wrote:
Even more fun is when you put the drivers in one of those mini HISS tanks from a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 am 

Got my MFT KO 3P Legends Springer and Bumblebee (what a mouth full to say!) and MFT KO powered armor this past week. The Green armor came with Springer (just the armor, weapons, and cargo pod, no pilot). Tiny Ravage came with Bumblebee. The blue armor (includes pilot), I ordered separately (yellow is on its way). In the pics, I included a genuine Diaclone pilot (didn't think to take a pic of the KO pilot, but he's nearly identical in quality, with slightly worse paint on the face) and my custom Cobra Trooper and SNAKE armor to show how they all work together. If you're thinking about taking the plunge into Diaclone, I'd recommend looking at these offerings from MFT. For less than a Takara release, you get a Legends scale Transformer and mech, or a mech with pilot.

Group Shot:

Springer, Bumblebee, and the green armor:
Springer comes with two guns and a rotor that turns into a sword. Mine actually came with two rotors - not sure if that was a mistake or how they all come. Bumblebee comes with different pieces to snap on the back of the car mode - "spare tire", "classic", or "traditional". He'll stay in bot mode for me, so that doesn't really matter much, but I like the spare tire look. They snap on and off, so are easy to change out if you desire.

Closer shot of the armor, cargo pod, and BB:
The cargo pods make for nice set pieces in dioramas and look great opened or closed. You can peg the weapons into the pod interior, just like the real release. They're great for storing extra pieces when not in use. The autobot sigils on BB and Springer were extras included by the seller I bought from. They're a cross between rub-ons and stickers and a really nice bonus.

BB, Blue armor, Blue armor pod:
You can see where I have spare guns pegged into the doors of the cargo pod. Not pictured: Driver is actually in the armor.

Ravage, cargo pod, SNAKE armor, Cobra Trooper (left), and real Diaclone pilot (right):
You can see the MFT TFs scale well with the Diaclone stuff and it all makes for a nice setup.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 am 

My green mech is in transit. *giddy* lol

AND....what i`ve been waiting for since i heard about it earlier this month...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 pm 

This guy was waiting for me when I got home tonight:

He's my favorite so far (probably because he's the best color).

I'm thinking the green one that came with Springer will get some paint apps and become the mech for my customized Diaclone Rock&Roll.
in case you missed R&R when I posted him: Image
I think he'll look good with that green mech and it definitely needs a pilot. Hmm... May have to come up with another to give to Shipwreck. I could get another of the green one and paint it with yellow highlights to make it a Polly mech for him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:35 am 

That green and silver custom dianaut looks so classic. No extra paint apps / colors. Just sci fi silver and green . I love it . I see it more as a droid or a Boston Dynamics robot soldier (PETMAN) but still...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:57 am 
HATES Mattel

I picked up that Springer + DiaMech set partially on your pics, Mark. I'd been eyeballing it previously and waiting on $$$, but your pics helped make me feel better about the purchase. Gracias!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:47 am 

No problem. They're both really great pieces, so for the price, definitely worth it. It helps that the mech comes with different weapons than the other releases MFT is giving. It has those claw-gun things he's holding instead of the rifle and over-the-shoulders the others come with. A little variety is nice. Oh, and since they use the 3mm weapon peg, you can mix in some Mega Blok weapons for more variety.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])