Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Diaclone powered suits and mechs
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:20 am 
HATES Mattel

That is in no way a deal-breaker; and even becomes a better incentive!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:05 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

No, not a dealbreaker at all. I use the Arms Microns with my MP TFs, along with my MegaBlok/Construx figures. In my head-verse, Headbots and Weaponbots are not "humans/humanoids in special suits who then contort in physically impossible ways." They're a group of Cybertronians who, either by choice or lot in life, are human or slightly less than human sized. Some had larger bodies built for them that they can control as the head while others took on weapon forms and partnered with larger bots for protection.

I thought I had a pic of my display with some Arms Microns and Mega figures together, but I can't find it right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:51 pm 

Suntzu, I'm posting this just for you. I designed this guy up and printed him out. Ignore the sloppy painting, that's just to see what he would look like painted. I have to redo a couple of the ball joints to get better fits, but overall, I'm happy with him. And the reason I call you out? Because this guy has ball-jointed elbows, meaning he has the arm swivel you go nuts for. The ball joints are a bit loose on this version, so I had to use some clear resin (you can see it on his knees mostly) to make them fit better. I'm going to tweak them a bit and try another print.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:23 am 

Yesssssssssssssssss!

Remember when we were kids and you'd have your ARAH figure hold onto a "rope" (string)? Without kung fu grip you can only pull that off believably with "bicep swivels" or the equivalent. That's not too much to ask for from a mini figure right?

Let me / us know when you have a few extra available . I'd like to add one to my articulated mini figure collection. It looks as though it would make an excellent drone of some sort. Btw...I'll have something to show you soon as well. I'm waiting on a package and some free time but the end result might ..well...you'll see (if you haven't already).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:52 pm 

Thanks! I'll want to get this tweaked a bit more before letting him out in the wild. But if something I've been studying up on pans out, I might be able to offer some of these guys up eventually.

Still curious about whatever it is you keep teasing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:00 pm 

Posted this in the MegaConstrux/MegaBloks thread, but thought I'd post it here, too, since it's Diaclone-related (it's a MegaConstrux-scaled Waruder I designed). One thing I forgot to say in that thread is that the core design is a standard buck I made so I can skin it with other character designs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:11 pm 

If anyone is on the fence about MechFans Toys Huge Dragon (not-Omega Supreme), I would recommend it. Either the OS-colored one or the blue one. I like the coloring of the blue one better, but got the OS-colored one to fit in with my Legends Transformers/Diaclone setup. He's a fun little toy and works as a desktop fidget-with-it toy or in a display. He's just a hair small for really fitting in with Diaclone figures, but he's close enough that he looks really good with them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 pm 

My Dianauts are gaining more firepower and air support.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 am 
HATES Mattel

Zomg. Do want.

From a link found on Fb:
http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?m ... authorid=3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:40 am 

MarkM wrote:
If anyone is on the fence about MechFans Toys Huge Dragon (not-Omega Supreme), I would recommend it. Either the OS-colored one or the blue one. I like the coloring of the blue one better, but got the OS-colored one to fit in with my Legends Transformers/Diaclone setup. He's a fun little toy and works as a desktop fidget-with-it toy or in a display. He's just a hair small for really fitting in with Diaclone figures, but he's close enough that he looks really good with them.

I'm tempted . Very tempted.

Oh. So. Tempted.

Ultimately though i need toys that DO something (at the moment) so custom built Diaclone vehicles seems to be where i'm returning to.

But an RC version of the Huge Dragon tank head would technically meet my requirements....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:37 am 

@AdrienVeidt - So I put my jetpack set up on Shapeways, just to see how much it would be. Depending on the plastic chosen, it's anywhere from $17.50 to $24.50. To me, that's a bit high for what it is. I'm still considering going with Thingiverse, just so people could print them themselves if they wanted, but my concern there is if I then did decide to offer them for sale later on (either via SW or as my own prints/casts). I know we had talked about me offering them in another thread, but this is the one that reminded me of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:15 am 
HATES Mattel

Stealing an idea from a TFW2005er I threw this together Saturday:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:29 am 

Nice. Saw this on TFW2005, really like it and much better than the bricks that sort of look like Pretenders.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:51 am 
HATES Mattel

Anybody get any of the new Wild Z.O.I.D.S. kits and see how the DiaNauts fit in the cockpits?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:45 pm 

I haven't bought any but from what I've seen the ZOID humans ride on top of the zoids now as opposed to riding in them as done in the past.

The tortoise might be the exception.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])