Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Post subject: Re: OB's WIPs Whippin'
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

I've herd good things about self etching primers, and i know a few people here swear by Army Painter brand. I usually use Krylon myself, and have generally had good luck on most plastics with the Fusion sub-brand.

Disassembly is key though, take it all apart and sand those trouble spots.

These are shaping up very nicely OB.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:20 pm 

Made some progress on some of my wips and I have ideas for more.

First off, Storm Shadow and Daina got some paint. These still have a ways to go, but I'm confident they will be finished by the end of the week.

Second, Big Ben got some paint on his belts. For accessories like this, I use a dab of hot glue on the end of an acrylic rod and glue the accessories in place. It makes them much easier to paint. In this case, I painted them by hand, but I use the same technique if I'm spraying.

Next, a Joe buddy of mine ask me to make him a modernized version of Ace. I started a while back and never finished it. I think he has waited long enough. This is where I'm picking up from. I would say that I'm 80% done. Unfortunately, what is that old saying about needing 20% effort to get the first 80% done and 80% effort to get the last 20% done? It feels like I have a million touch-ups to do. Fortunately, Custom Celebration is about (at least partly) giving yourself that kick in the behind to get stuff moving, so I'm bringing this guy back to the top of my priorities.

Lastly, looking through my Adventure People reference material, it occurred to me that Deep Six could work as this blue skinned alien. I think I'll add him to my WiP pile. I need to find a better head than what is there now, ideally with a funky '70s haircut.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:11 pm 

Day 4 - Part 1:

Progress on the Adventure People Rescue Copter:
My next pics will be of the final set. I can't wait to assemble everything, but I'll try to be patient and let everything dry and cure overnight. I'll reassemble and apply my homemade labels tomorrow.

For the pilots, the yellow is coming along. I still need to paint the shoes, swap one of the heads, paint the helmets, paint the flesh tones, paint the green crosses and a bunch of other things.

Since the Copter can't land on water like the original, Having the rescue raft did not make as much sense to me. I decided to replace it with a stretcher. It conveniently fits in the back section of the Copter.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:15 pm 

beautiful paint! the yellow especially !!

the sticks with hotglue are genius !!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm 
Kick Ass Customizing Tard

OreoBuilder wrote:

Lastly, looking through my Adventure People reference material, it occurred to me that Deep Six could work as this blue skinned alien. I think I'll add him to my WiP pile. I need to find a better head than what is there now, ideally with a funky '70s haircut.

Dammit, OB - I just put this guy on my Adventure People to-do list the other day (I had the fig as a kid) - Now I'll have to wait a year or so to post mine so it doesn't look like I'm trying to compete ;-)

danielb wrote:
Joe Customs loves playing with itself

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:20 pm 

Please don't slow down on my account Chief. The astro-alien is just at the idea stage for me and I've got lots of other wips to keep me out of trouble until I can even think about working on it. The coast is clear for you my friend.

Meantime, the first three wips are done - Big Ben, Daina and Storm Shadow are here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44148

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:28 pm 

Since my first batch of WIPs is pretty much done, it’s time to add more to the pile.

Last year, I made a Crimson Firefly.
http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... 5&id=15426

Since he now has a new home, I would like to make one for myself. To make him a bit different from my Urban Division version, I’ll start from the 50th base figure.

OB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:13 pm 

Made some progress on Ace. The figure is done except clear coat. The helmet needs work.

OB

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:44 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])