Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:35 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Camtono Run
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:22 am 
Plug
Plug

During SDCC there’s an event called the Running of the Hoods based on the character Willrow Hood aka The Ice Cream Man and his evacuation off of Bespin. Hundreds of cosplayers run through the halls dressed as the character clutching onto what we now know, thanks to the Mandolorian, as camtono cases and totally not a 70’s ice cream maker. That got my attention. Then one cosplayer I noticed way back before the plague flipped the switch and dressed as a camtono carrying a baby doll Willrow Hood. That got my respect.

I’ve had the enlarged ice cream maker pieced together in a baggie, but was having trouble figuring out the Willrow Hood part of it. Megaconstructs? Galoob Action Fleet? Fortnite Battle Royale? Imaginext? Lego? World’s Smallest GI Joe? Maybe something from HeroForge? Lots of contenders but nothing that wowed me. Nothing was as cute or outside the box as the costume itself. As with most things, the answer came while I was looking for something else, the little Cabbage Patch kid holding an ice cream. Even if you don’t know what the custom is, you know what the custom is. The flavors are based on the Bubo Wamba Family Farms Bantha milk from Disney’s Batuu milk stand in Galaxy’s Edge.

Parts
Camtono
Playdoh cannister with FX-7 Medical Droid base, bottle cap with styrene rod, and toy pliers.
Arms and legs: Bruder figure
Hands: Boss Fight Studio HACKS
Feet: Roblox Imagination Rob, the spiritual keytarist

Willdrow Hood
Cabage Patch doll mini

Original cosplay inspiration
Attachment:
96E603B2-54D3-4DC3-9DC0-8E3D320DB02A.png
96E603B2-54D3-4DC3-9DC0-8E3D320DB02A.png [ 1.02 MIB | Viewed 263 times ]

“Hey! What are you doing to my water pitcher?” - Shoe Addict
Attachment:
9B7A6E54-0D7D-4FA0-99BC-543BD786A5AE.jpeg
9B7A6E54-0D7D-4FA0-99BC-543BD786A5AE.jpeg [ 378.55 KiB | Viewed 263 times ]

Attachment:
15BD75C0-5A41-4FCE-BEB6-8AE34FF1EF69.jpeg
15BD75C0-5A41-4FCE-BEB6-8AE34FF1EF69.jpeg [ 379.19 KiB | Viewed 263 times ]

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Camtono Run
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 12:54 pm 

you nailed the kid part. the machine could be bigger, but makes your point and is still funny and cool.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:32 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

And the camtono ladies sing this song, "doo-dah, doo-dah!" - sorry, that was the first thing that popped into my head. anyway, that's a fun custom!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:45 am 

Lots of fun!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:35 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])