Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 'What If . ." Contest Winner: Daremo!!!!! Congrats!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:19 pm 

Thanks everyone for all the great submissions and excellent stories.

Congrats to Daremo for an awesome combination of story and custom! Great work and well done! I will contact you by pm for your shipping address.

Also all who entered a second contest will be posted starting tonight for 2 weeks from now deadline!!

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af217/lronWill/

Last edited by Iron Will on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 17+ Joe Figure Giveaway Contest
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:02 pm 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

Question to clarify: Would a short dio-story be acceptable with submission of the custom to flesh out the character?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:08 pm 

this sounds like a awesome idea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:19 pm 
Snake Staked

Neat idea, I LOVE What Ifs.

Nice Billy too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:25 pm 

TR101AL wrote:
Question to clarify: Would a short dio-story be acceptable with submission of the custom to flesh out the character?

Yes as long as an original What If character is present!

Will

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 am 

When posting make sure What If is in the title or start post with IW. Thanks

Will

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:46 pm 

Also you can just add an entry to this post.

Post subject: Re: 17+ Joe Figure Giveaway Contest (What If Billy update 3/2)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:46 pm 

WIP CC Billy

Blinded right eye
Added right arm tattoo (I know I need 1 more solid and 1 more broken)
Blacked out neckline
Painted holster
Added new belt
Added sword

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:15 pm 

I really like the look for your updated WIP. It has an old pulp villian feel to it with the black hood and red scarf.

Michael

Rock Sugar
Because Pop Rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:23 pm 

1 week to go people. 17 plus figures for custom fodder! You know you want it!!

Post subject: Re: 17+ Joe Figure Giveaway What If Contest - 1 Week Left!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:42 am 

Im actually working on mine at the moment lol.

Post subject: Re: 20+ Joe Figure Giveaway What If Contest - 1 Week Left!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:36 pm 

Number of Joes increased! Accessories added! Small assortment of additional 3 3/4 figures included! Total figures now over 25!!!!!!!!

6 DAYS LEFT! GET YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN!!!!

Will

Post subject: Re: 25+ Joe Figure Giveaway What If Contest - 1 Week Left!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:36 pm 

I'm going to have to unlurk for a bit to enter this contest. Here is my submission. What if Quick Kick survived the Rage explosion in Trucial Abysmia. Doctors and scientists were able to save his body with robotic technology. Unfortunately, they were unable to save his mind. He is no longer the Quick Kick everybody knew and loved. He now lives solely for revenge against Cobra and will kill anyone associated with them without hesitation.

The kanji on his coat says vengeance. Sorry about the bad pictures. My not as crappy camera took a dump.

Can't get down? Soldier, in war we ate ladders like that for breakfast. I remember one time we were trapped in a foxhole and the enemy was throwing burning ladders at us and all we could do was eat them. Our mouths were horribly burned.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:15 pm 

I don't have the fodder to make these but I'd like to share the story of what if GI Joe was to follow the Watchmen

In 1986 after the events that took place in Watchmen, A low level arms dealer stole several pieces of equipment and fortified the Karnac, using the stolen tech he announced himself as Pharaoh and his organization Sphinx would bring about terror and dominate a weakened and soft world. At his side Mistress Cleopatra, a beauty the puts new meaning to femme fatal. Matterbender, a self absorbed scientist obsessed with the work and powers of Dr. Manhatten, he has created a clockwork army in the Dr's image. The Chameleon joined the group as their master of disguise, infiltrating nearly any place with ease, he often takes the appearance of the Comedian as he is a strong devotee of his practices. White Lotus brings a measure of the unknown arts of the orient, sword skill unmatched in the western world. Asp is cunning coniving sociopath, methodic in his nature, while not striking in size he is a force to recon with, he considers himself a new frontiersman in this new world he is often seen thumbing through a journal that he refuses to let anyone else touch. The first strike came from this group in revealing everything the organization had on file for the activities of the Comedian as well as his direct orders from Nixon. the subsequent events would later cause for his resignation, for years some masks would engauge the Sphinx and time and again they failed to stop them.

In 1988 shortly after being sworn in President Regan ammended the Law that outlawed Masks and determined that there was a definate need to combat the sphinx, fight fire with fire, in coordination with the USSR a team of six was made they where inspired by the Minutemen, Crimebusters and the ones refered to as Watchmen. they where selected for their abilities and to offer balance against this terrorist group. At their lead was a man that showed all the western bravado and bare knuckle brawling that is needed to represent America, his codename and guise are taken from a man Regan himself respected highly, this man is known as The Duke. The team's primary pilot to get them to and from the hotspots followed the original Niteowl's career and jumped at the chance to serve as a modern military mask his code name is Nite Hawk. The russian intellegence officer was originally a sleeper agent already in America when she was activated to work with them in the ideal of homage she desided to pattern her new persona and give it the proper red treatment she is now known as Scarlett Silouette. Panther is a man of many trades, if his pride doesn't spark and argument among the team he is often the most dependable man in any room. Silent Specter was a victim of friendly fire in Vietnam, he spent most of his young career in military hospitals for injuries suffered from the comedian, his superior, because of him he has always had to wear a mask. The final member hails from The UK. Flintlock is a survivor first hand of both the original Manhatten event as well as an assault from Matterbender's portable matterdifusser, he lost an arm and a leg to the torturer when he refused to divulge the whereabouts of a royal safehouse they had been keeping ASP detained, he integrated components of some of the clockwork men to his own body to escape.

Pharaoe is v1 Destro repainted like the metioned character in "The Invisible hand of fate" episode of Venture Brothers
Mistress Cleopatra is SW Darth Talon with Maris Brood head continue egyptian theme
Matterbender - SW unleashed Sith Stalker w bald cobra officer head Dr manhatten logo carved int chest and forehead, dominant blue colorscheme
Asp - Young Indy figure, cobra commander forearms and head colored like troopers in Venture brother episode with helmet painted with ror-esque cobra sigil, accs. Dr. Jones Sr's journel
The Chameleon - Zartan decoed to look similar to Comedian, Mutt head with domino mask and grey streaks in hair
White Lotus - pick a storm shadow paint a flower...
Clockwork men - Silver surfers dyed blue substitute Bat forearms

TheDuke- Comic 2 pack Wild Bill with single pack Hawk head
NiteHawk - Singlepack Hawk with Tripwire Head
Scarlett Silouette - Elsa Schnyder with Irinko head red hair Lady jaye forearms
Silent Spectre - Tripwire in black with Arctic Snakeeyes head similar to Cobra de aco
Panther - Beachhead in Sigma 6 Cobra Firefly paint scheme with Stalker head
Flintlock - Cobra Officer body with BAT left arm legs and major Blood head painted resculpt similar to V

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:45 pm 

Vanishing Point wrote:
I don't have the fodder to make these but I'd like to share the story of what if GI Joe was to follow the Watchmen

In 1986 after the events that took place in Watchmen, A low level arms dealer stole several pieces of equipment and fortified the Karnac, using the stolen tech he announced himself as Pharaoh and his organization Sphinx would bring about terror and dominate a weakened and soft world. At his side Mistress Cleopatra, a beauty the puts new meaning to femme fatal. Matterbender, a self absorbed scientist obsessed with the work and powers of Dr. Manhatten, he has created a clockwork army in the Dr's image. The Chameleon joined the group as their master of disguise, infiltrating nearly any place with ease, he often takes the appearance of the Comedian as he is a strong devotee of his practices. White Lotus brings a measure of the unknown arts of the orient, sword skill unmatched in the western world. Asp is cunning coniving sociopath, methodic in his nature, while not striking in size he is a force to recon with, he considers himself a new frontiersman in this new world he is often seen thumbing through a journal that he refuses to let anyone else touch. The first strike came from this group in revealing everything the organization had on file for the activities of the Comedian as well as his direct orders from Nixon. the subsequent events would later cause for his resignation, for years some masks would engauge the Sphinx and time and again they failed to stop them.

In 1988 shortly after being sworn in President Regan ammended the Law that outlawed Masks and determined that there was a definate need to combat the sphinx, fight fire with fire, in coordination with the USSR a team of six was made they where inspired by the Minutemen, Crimebusters and the ones refered to as Watchmen. they where selected for their abilities and to offer balance against this terrorist group. At their lead was a man that showed all the western bravado and bare knuckle brawling that is needed to represent America, his codename and guise are taken from a man Regan himself respected highly, this man is known as The Duke. The team's primary pilot to get them to and from the hotspots followed the original Niteowl's career and jumped at the chance to serve as a modern military mask his code name is Nite Hawk. The russian intellegence officer was originally a sleeper agent already in America when she was activated to work with them in the ideal of homage she desided to pattern her new persona and give it the proper red treatment she is now known as Scarlett Silouette. Panther is a man of many trades, if his pride doesn't spark and argument among the team he is often the most dependable man in any room. Silent Specter was a victim of friendly fire in Vietnam, he spent most of his young career in military hospitals for injuries suffered from the comedian, his superior, because of him he has always had to wear a mask. The final member hails from The UK. Flintlock is a survivor first hand of both the original Manhatten event as well as an assault from Matterbender's portable matterdifusser, he lost an arm and a leg to the torturer when he refused to divulge the whereabouts of a royal safehouse they had been keeping ASP detained, he integrated components of some of the clockwork men to his own body to escape.

Pharaoe is v1 Destro repainted like the metioned character in "The Invisible hand of fate" episode of Venture Brothers
Mistress Cleopatra is SW Darth Talon with Maris Brood head continue egyptian theme
Matterbender - SW unleashed Sith Stalker w bald cobra officer head Dr manhatten logo carved int chest and forehead, dominant blue colorscheme
Asp - Young Indy figure, cobra commander forearms and head colored like troopers in Venture brother episode with helmet painted with ror-esque cobra sigil, accs. Dr. Jones Sr's journel
The Chameleon - Zartan decoed to look similar to Comedian, Mutt head with domino mask and grey streaks in hair
White Lotus - pick a storm shadow paint a flower...
Clockwork men - Silver surfers dyed blue substitute Bat forearms

TheDuke- Comic 2 pack Wild Bill with single pack Hawk head
NiteHawk - Singlepack Hawk with Tripwire Head
Scarlett Silouette - Elsa Schnyder with Irinko head red hair Lady jaye forearms
Silent Spectre - Tripwire in black with Arctic Snakeeyes head similar to Cobra de aco
Panther - Beachhead in Sigma 6 Cobra Firefly paint scheme with Stalker head
Flintlock - Cobra Officer body with BAT left arm legs and major Blood head painted resculpt similar to V

Awesome concept! See if you can knock out at least one of these before Sunday!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])