Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: End of Days (Updated 11/12//11)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:46 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

The zombie outbreak had all but doomed humanity. Government Scientists, in secret locations, work at fever pitches to reverse the effects and find a cure. Meanwhile the united leaders of the world agreed to level major Cities (which had been abandoned), using non-nuclear weapons, hoping this would get the virus under control. But it did not. The result was destruction and major power outages.
The battle between the G.I. Joe team and Cobra continues.

(Containment. This was the first response. Contain the virus. Contain the infected. Destroy the Cities. Torch major wooded areas around them. Contain the virus.)

(The only things that actually got contained were the survivors. Trapped til they died of starvation, or became dinner for the undead. So many lost because of foolish thinking. Now I find myself trapped, contained, to save a life.)

(We traced him to this location- the sub basement of a paper factory. I just hope the ploy works)

( Someone found a way to give the rotting dead a will to live.)

(The gas is something I came up with. It not only disorients, but it turns the zombie on it's fellow kind.)

Psyche-Out stands and watches . . .

Suddenly a large shadow engulfs the zombies . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bios/background info on the characters . . .

Psyche-Out
, the youngest team member, puts his paranoia skills to the test not only against Cobra, but against the undead too. He's fitted his upper body armor with muscle-activated sensitive chemical weapons: he uses a variety of drugs and psychological gases to exploit the fears and phobias of his enemies. He also stores canisters of acids, for close encounters with zombies.
Psyche-Out also woks on control techniques for Roadblock during combat situations (Roadblock is known to loose his sense of friend and foe during high stress combat situations).

Known for being a survivor, Repeater, with the help of the Joe tech junkies, fitted himself with a mech suite to help protect him from zombie and Cobra attacks. He also fitted the suit with two cams instead of one, though they can be used one at a time to conserve ammo.
The "grunt for life" continues the battle in his search for survivors while protecting those who seek out a cure to the Dead End virus.

Ettienne LaFitte watched as the world around him was decimated. His home town of Fer-de-Lance gone. He stared at the hell on Earth in defiance, and it stared back, aging him in a way he never thought possible for a man that had seen the kind of action special forces brought. He knew of hell, but nothing like this. Cobra would somehow always be there in one form or another. But the undead? What kind of world was this now? What other weapons born in a laboratory existed? And while a good number of his teammates turned to body armor to help in combat, Ettienne LaFitte (code name Gung Ho) decided to hold onto a look he wore long before the world went straight to hell.

Roadblock is reborn!, (after being killed in my Dio-Story Dead End) thanks in part to a Cobra human hormone growth process coupled with strands of the Dead End virus (the virus brings the recently departed back to life). The end result leaves Roadblock "Hulk Like". He once again sides with the GI Joes, but his rage, at it's peak, can blur the line between friend and foe.

Thanks for reading!

My customs- http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/

Last edited by Keenan on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: End of Days: Reel him in. (A Dio-short)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:53 pm 

Fantastic dio and background stories to the characters. I also love the set and customs. Very cool!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:19 pm 

LOVE IT. Some really crazy designs on the characters, but I think they're great.

Mecha-Repeater is great, and Roadhulk is downright scary!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:42 pm 
Mr. Patience

F-ing cool.
Glad to see those figures again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:12 pm 
Plug
Plug

For showing off your handy work that looks awesome. For a more dramatic dio shot you could have made that a lot darker, just putting light sources where they would really be coming from. Obviously not what you were going for but I would love to see something like this thematically lit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 am 

"Kersploch!" I love that.

Awesome John, and the gas, genious.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm 

sweet, glad ya told me about it and glad I looked.The blood and all the special effects like the gas are really nice looking. I think you pulled the down the hall look and everything really well. I like it, and seeing the figures again is great too especially Roadblock and psyche out

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:50 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

Thanks for the comments. Appreciate 'em. I'll try and get the next out a little sooner (6 years is a long time.)

Pluv, I tried some lighting techniques but I couldn't pull them off. Guess I should find a lighting tutorial or something for next time.

Post subject: End of Days: Solitary Men (A Dio-short Episode 2)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:46 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

The zombie outbreak had all but doomed humanity. Government Scientists, in secret locations, work at fever pitches to reverse the effects and find a cure. Meanwhile the united leaders of the world agreed to level major Cities (which had been abandoned), using non-nuclear weapons, hoping this would get the virus under control. But it did not. The result was destruction and major power outages.
The battle between the G.I. Joe team and Cobra continues.

Newark, New Jersey . . .

This was one of many, Ceda prepped, safe houses designed to shelter survivors against the undead. It was set up for short term stays.
But help never arrived.

Inside . . .

Their conversation attracts unwanted attention . . .

Bios/background info on the characters . . .

David Gallo was a mechanic, who never married, and spent much of his free time following American politics. He would often attend town meetings, and rallies, voicing his opinions against corruption on all levels. One day he was introduced to an organization known as Cobra. There he learned how Cobra wanted to change the world and free it from the grip of corporate greed and deep seeded government corruption. David had finally found his place and now serves as a mechanic for Cobra, all the while moving his way up the ranks of the Cobra Troopers.

As a young man Jim Conti became disenchanted with what he saw America becoming. He believed the Country had seen it's finest days and was on the way down as a Super Power. To him America was now a shadow of it's once great self- a Country given away by past generations. Jim made a living out of collecting disability checks for an injury that had long since been forgotten. In the end his attitude was too much of a strain on his marriage. At his divorce hearing he was quoted as saying, "This Country is weak. Why work to help support the system, when the system can support me?" The disability checks stopped soon after.
When he found out Cobra wanted to keep America on top- through whatever means necessary, Jim found something to believe in. His heart and sole now belong to Cobra.

Post subject: Re: End of Days: Solitary Men (A Dio-short)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:26 pm 
General Pittance Contributor
General Pittance Contributor

"LASER BLAST" yeah, AWESOME work on the dio environment and story, looking foward to more

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:29 pm 

I think I love this dio.....This story, among others on JC are better then TV. :-D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 am 
Formerly JFAK075

Thanks, guys. Feels good to finally get back into Dio stories. I had started writing this scene with two Joes. Then thought why? I wanted show what was happening on the Cobra side as well. So I'll be following these guys for a bit. I've got another few scenes with them in it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:25 pm 

Love it, and I think the choice to show some Cobras was a good idea.

Your safe house set looks great, working on an alley to photograph my survivor figures, gonna be using some of your ideas for sure!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:02 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing that alley.

Post subject: End of Days: A day of thanks (A Dio-short Episode 3)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 am 
Formerly JFAK075

In an undisclosed location in the United States: Firefly oversees the progress of the Dead End virus cure. The experimentations are supported by the Military Armament Research Syndicate.

Moments earlier Firefly was called to the lab . . .

(A special thanks to Cap for the Dio!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])