Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:35 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Last batch for a while...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:02 am 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

Getting ready to move, and most of my stuff has been packed up. Just thought I'd share a few I've been working on before they get packed up for the haul. Some are WIP, and some are finished. The pic quality is crappy as my photo set-up is already packed up and I'm relegated to phone pics.

"What if Joe 3"-verse Cesspool: In my fiction sequel-verse Dr. Alistaire Burkhart is being transported by a covert Joe team on-board a train to an unknown destination. He is accompanied by his twin sons Thomas and Xavier. The Joes are protecting him as he transports a suitcase full of prototype experimental cancer treating serum to the CDC. During the trip, a guerilla force attacks the train injuring some of the Joes and exploding the serum causing Burkhart to be severely scarred and his twin sons in a vegetative state. To speed up the origin a bit, Burkhart aligns with Cobra who promises to revitalize his sons if he can find a cure for the plague started from the Nanomite virus being exhibited from the earliest of Cobras troopers as seen in ROC.

Super Joe Commander: I've thoroughly enjoyed the amazing Action Team customs that have been hitting the site, but I hadn't seen anyone tackle Super Joe. This one was near and dear to me as it was one of my first Joes as a kid. I've decided to make his missions on a uncharted island in the Bermuda Triangle rather than space. The head looks big on the body in the pic, but it's not in person.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Last batch for a while...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 am 
RPG Spin Master
RPG Spin Master

Gah. I hate to critique your stuff negatively because it's usually so spot on, but I am finding that the hydra lower skirt thing's single centered flap doesn't work with the double flap thing on the CG chest.

Not sure how to fix that without breaking out green stuff. Maybe just lose the red strip on the lower altogether so it doesn't draw attention to it?

- R

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:10 am 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

Old Snake: I've attempted Solid Snake about four times and never really been happy with him. I finally found the body I like and decided to go with Old Snake on this one. When I find a younger head I'm good with I'll swap them out to be the two versions of the character.

Some Superheroes for S & G...

Sovereign Seven Captain America: Just a slight evolution of the character in a darker, more battle-worn color scheme.

Sovereign Seven Spider (a.k.a. Spiderman Noir): One of Cap's S7 teammates.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:16 am 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

Amalgam Spider-Boy: I want to find a G-Rex head with goggles down for an alternate head.

Blade: Got Chad-Matted by IronWill on this one. Drew inspiration from the Halloween episode of the Ultimate Spiderman.

Mongul: In my hero-verse, Mongul is more of a title than a specific character. This is a fodder custom that just worked its way together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 am 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

raptor wrote:
Gah. I hate to critique your stuff negatively because it's usually so spot on, but I am finding that the hydra lower skirt thing's single centered flap doesn't work with the double flap thing on the CG chest.

Not sure how to fix that without breaking out green stuff. Maybe just lose the red strip on the lower altogether so it doesn't draw attention to it?

- R

Thanks for the honest feedback. Greatly appreciated. I had the skirt turned sideways to line up, but then the buckle looked out of place. May just try to remove the line to eliminate the issue. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:38 am 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

man, this thread started with a slow simmer then freaking exploded. Will look again in a bit, but off the top, Blade, Spider Boy and Spidey Noir are big big winners. Plus, using that particular base figure for any version of Snake is inspired. My years long WIP of Solid Snake is due for an upgrade before he even gets completed the first time ;)

And good luck moving. Not a fun process.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:44 am 
DarkJedi'd

raptor wrote:

- R

That's not a new sculpt Tiger Claw skirt?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:52 am 

Like the vest version of Blade better, may have to change mine! Amalgam Spider-Boy is awesome.

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af217/lronWill/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:31 am 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

DarkJedi wrote:
raptor wrote:

- R

That's not a new sculpt Tiger Claw skirt?

If I remember correctly, the skirt is a modded VvV Dusty skirt. Thanks for comments guys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 am 
RPG Spin Master
RPG Spin Master

The amalgam spider boy really pops. I would have thought it was a retail offering if you'd told me they'd done it.

- R

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:48 am 

Cool selection.
Nice to see Super Joe getting some attention.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am 
King of Daikaiju

Great figures!
I really like the Cesspool. Never thought I'd ever say that.
I do agree about the red stripe onm the skirt though. Other than that I really like your take on the character.

That Blade is pretty much perfect.

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:59 pm 

raptor wrote:

- R

i would tend to assume that that is a bib shirt, meaning its a normal button down the fron shirt with a seperate piece that buttons onto the front and covers the normal opening if that makes sense. so the red line wouldnt be a problem because its just the normal part under the flap. i have serveral wetsern shirts that have that type of button on bib.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:46 pm 
Plug
Plug

Algam Spider Boy looks fun. I like the Blade. I agree the vest adds a bit to him nicely. Mongul looks wicked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:09 pm 

Iron Will wrote:
Like the vest version of Blade better, may have to change mine! Amalgam Spider-Boy is awesome.

Agreed I like them both.

In the One verse, there is One world, one enemy, One hope,......ONEFORCE!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:35 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])