Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Fat Kids critique thread (ARAH)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:30 pm 

you could hide the neck joint with a choker/concho. if it was me i would right a throat scar into his bio. like he narrowly escaped an assasins blade :)

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:43 am 

Night Scrambler

I've always liked the night force figures. Hasbro took some great figures (and some mediocre ones certainly) and toned down the colors and made an awesome group of night fighters and equipped them with reissues of fantastic vehicles also with muted base colors... and dayglo orange accents. Which is awful in my opinion. So I've taken some steps to make vehicles bad ass enough to be worthy of the figures they are supposed to carry into battle. All parts are from either the 89 night scrambler or the 83 Apc. No painting just parts swapping. I've also currently got a night ray and a night striker in the works. Thanks for looking!

TFK
My current wants: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22017

My Stuff for trade: http://s611.photobucket.com/tradestuff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:49 pm 

Love that Night Scrambler. So simple yet so effective, a better fit without those orange accents.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:34 am 
Plug
Plug

Vehicle LBC? Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:22 am 

Slaughters Marauders Mauler

Base equalizer
Turret mauler
Cannon lynx
Antenna cast by hot dogs stuff
Mudflaps avacs lab
Tow rope and canisters mauler

The mauler parts are just stand ins until I can get casts. The painting on the turret was done by my good friend Tim. I hate painting but I thought it was too cool an idea to pass up so I commissioned him for it.

TFK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:56 pm 

oh thats awesome!

i had a few of those figures as a kid and your tank fits perfect :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:01 pm 

Cobra behind the waterfall outpost

Ok so the name needs work :-)

This project started a few years back at work. I work for a portable toilet company and they were throwing away a bunch of old broken units. I got permission from my boss and he let me take home a couple of hand wash stations and some of the plastic walls that make up the exterior of the unit.

So what I did was cut the top and rear off of the hand wash then polly welded pieces I cut out of the wall in to make levels as well as a piece so simulate water covering the entrance and some pieces for the bottom.

I used caulking to simulate water and textured rock paint on the sides. Repurposed an Star Wars mustafar playset to go on top.

Now I have this

I could use some help trying to figure out what to do with the insides now. I was thinking a lab for Mindbender and a small dock on the bottom level but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out in what direction to go with it. I've mocked up a look for it let me know what you guys think and any feedback would be much appreciated

TFK

Post subject: Re: The Fat Kids critique thread need help! P.3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 pm 

Looks incredible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:32 pm 
HATES Mattel

I wouldn't make it a lab for MB, as I can't see why he'd need his activities to be set aside from a traditional COBRA base. This set - [LASER BLAST]' so far, btw - looks more like a hidden monitoring station, like the one from Star Trek Insurrection. It should be staffed with a bevy of TeleVipers and Eels, imho. Say they're upriver from an advanced nuclear research lab, and can cut the water coolant supply if their demands aren't met, or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:48 pm 

lots of potential there!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm 

Thanks guys! I think the big reason I was going to go with the lab was I don't have one yet and for some reason something about a mad scientist hiding out behind a waterfall resonates with me. But your idea is awesome too AV. got a piece of wood to try and make the dock out of. I think that's what I'm going to tackle next.

Edit: AV if you went with your idea what how would you utilize the space? If you count the area under the Star Wars playset I've got five levels worth of space to fill

TFK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:24 pm 
HATES Mattel

Go ultra-realistic and have a bunk-room level, the monitor room level, a utilities/generator level, a general storage room (maybe it's so secret they only swap out personnel on monthly schedules, so they need a lot of dried food and TP stored up), and the river access room. You staff the place with about four each TVs and Eels and maybe a commanding officer CG and you'll soon see you ain't got enough room, much less too much.

Of course, you could go all 'Bond villain' with it, too! It has promise in a lot of applications. I just don't see a good reason why the specific Mindbender character would work off on his own without a large contingent of military assets around to protect him, and the attendant logistics resources of a traditional base. Turn MB into any of a number of comic book evil scientists like Professor Ivo or T.O. Morrow, and your core concept works great again, imho.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:27 pm 
HATES Mattel

Also, this could work well as a BatCave, y'know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:26 am 

I think having it as Mindbender's lab is actually a good idea. It could be one of those "behind the Commander's back" kinda places where he's cooking up the next Serpentor. Or after so many failed experiments Cobra Commander decides that Mindbender is too dangerous to have in a full on Cobra base so he sets him up in a remote location in case anything goes wrong. Could be where Mindbender does the really nasty stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:41 am 

Just think of all the Evil Science Dr. Mindbender has been shown to be involved in: Robotics/cybernetics, cloning, mind control, advanced weapons... if you make a level for each, that's the whole playset right there.

Plus, all playsets MUST have a zipline and a working elevator. It's in the bylaws.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])