Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: GI Joe Resurgence II Day 3: Cobra Vampyrebat & Vector Vi
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:24 am 

Day 3 marks Dusty79's debut in the project with his fantastic Cobra attack jet.

OB

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 am 

I have looked at a ton of custom jets and they are all great in their own rights, but this has to be the coolest, baddest custom jet I have seen. Every blended part is perfect and the fact you didn't over look the landing gear made this completely amazing. Only day 3 and I can't wait to see what else comes out. Last resurgence was a blast and this second round already feels like it should win some kind of award.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:44 am 

I was a follower and fan of this project last year. I think you guys are dong the concept justice again. Very well thought out and executed so far again.

Kobra Kai has allot of good flavor and I love the RWB accents on Strong Arm, reminds me of the fridge!

Landmine and Sniffer are realistic in such a good way.

The Vector Vipers are interesting but I would love to hear more about how they fit into the Cobra Pilot Hierarchy compared to Strato Vipers, AVACs, Vapor(s). How does Wild Weasel feel about them?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:30 am 

This is all lovely stuff that I would eagerly buy at retail. Love that head/helmet combo on Kobura Kai. I was just thinking the other day that that Destro sculpt is really neat.

Post subject: Re: GI Joe Resurgence II Day 4: Silent Master
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:06 am 

Thanks for the comments guys, we appreciate them and we're glad that the sequel is living up to the first installment so far :-D . I'm sure Dusty79 and Raptor can chime in with answers to questions. Personally, I have not given it much thought, but maybe the Vector Vipers replace one of the previous pilot types? Maybe an upgraded/evolved AVAC?

Happy 4th of July! How better to celebrate than with an iconic GI Joe character! I suggest reading the file card, Trekker and Raps did a great job writing about a character that everybody already knows so much about.

OB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 am 
Plug
Plug

Bucky, I immediately thought of Lesner when I saw Strong Arm. The decal really puts it over the top for me.

The Vampyrebat is easily one of the best vehicle customs I've seen this year. I'm postive we'll be seeing it again come JCA time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:12 am 

Thanks guys.

MobileBattleBunker, my thoughts on the Vector-Vipers are this, they are highly trained both mentally and physically to fly the Vampyrebat, it's the only plane they fly and no one else can successfully fly a Vampyrebat. The rate of success in the training is low, only 1% of applicants make it through. It is so tough because the Vampyrebat is an extremely edgy plane. It requires a computer processor to fly it much like the F-117 due to very small control surfaces and multiple vectoring thrusters. All 3 thrusters on the plane provide vectored thrust allowing an incredible amount of maneuverability and while the training and flight suit allow these pilots to withstand more than any other pilots, the plane's computer does need to provie input to keep the pilot conscious.

As for Wild Weasel, he sees the value of the airframe as it is a potent weapon, but has little respect for the pilots. He sees them flying in a closed cockpit looking at video screens and being aided by a computer and thinks of them basically as trained monkeys. Although he did attempt and fail the training, mainly because he would not allow himself to become a symbiotic part of the computer control system.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:51 am 

Awesome. I really like these projects. A lot of creativity on show and modern ideas on what GI Joe could be other than just for nostalgia.

One question, which version Darth Vader figure did the Silent Master's cape come from?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:20 pm 

Thanks guys.

I hope everyone finds something they like as we go along. It takes some effort and a ton of communication to write a cohesive story, design the figures, try to capture the look and feel, and give each character as unique a personality as possible.

Critiques and feedback make it worth the effort!

Oneforceleader, Rambo, ronin, Silent Master, Suburbanator
toy-nutz, Tsunami, Wowboy, pugsley, spin doctor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:31 pm 

Thought I replied earlier but I was still sleepy, guess I forgot to hit send.

I think the Silent Master design is such a perfect evolution of the character, so much so that the alternate masked head seems unnecessary. I also like that the filecard doesn't call Snake Eyes out by name at all, adds a nice air of mystery to the concept even though we know who it is. I think this is the first non-original JOE we've seen in the line, and I think it's exactly the sort of take some of the classic characters need.

How did you got about making the visor for the unmasked head? Just patience and an x-acto?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:35 pm 
DarkJedi'd

DanOfTheDead wrote:
How did you got about making the visor for the unmasked head? Just patience and an x-acto?

I've had several of the visors pop of easily. Several of regular suit Rise of Cobra ones and the Arctic gear one came right off.

Maybe it's one of those.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:34 pm 

shishi wrote:
Awesome. I really like these projects. A lot of creativity on show and modern ideas on what GI Joe could be other than just for nostalgia.

One question, which version Darth Vader figure did the Silent Master's cape come from?

Thanks. The cape is from Power of the Force DV, the one on the red card.

DoTD, DJ is right, the visor is from one of the RoC/PoC Snake Eyes with the moveable visor.

Silent Master is one of (if not the) the simplest customs in this project. It's funny because I assembled the figure just for fun a day or two before Raps asked if we had ever included Snake in Resurgence. We all hit on the idea of having him older and retired pretty much at the same time.

OB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:13 pm 

silent master is great, I like the idea and execution

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:01 pm 

Love how simple Silent Master (SE) is -

Interesting Dusty, Personally it feels very much like a modernized troop like Vapor (Who I have always considered an individual character) It seems like allot of Cobra's Pilots are mission specific.

Post subject: Re: GI Joe Resurgence II Day 5: Nega-Watt
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:18 am 

Thanks guys!

Day 5 is up with a new Cobra agent inspired by the work of our very own JM70.

Enjoy!

OB

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])