Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wreckage
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:49 pm 

When I was figuring out recipes for my Sabretooth custom, I came up with this one. I liked it too much to not make it, so Sabretooth and Wreckage are now different characters to me. This would be a non-Tiger Force uniform.

Attachments:
wreckageangle.jpg
wreckageangle.jpg [ 177.21 KiB | Viewed 543 times ]
sabretoothfront.jpg
sabretoothfront.jpg [ 208.67 KiB | Viewed 543 times ]
wreckagefront.jpg
wreckagefront.jpg [ 181.48 KiB | Viewed 543 times ]
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Wreckage
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:21 pm 

interesting mask. is it a permanent 1/2 mask or is it just showing it 1/2 way on. either way I like it. the tiger force version looks like the mask/balcava is pulled down around his neck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:05 pm 

The mask is sculpted on the head of Wreckage (in the tan uniform). Instead of being parallel to the eye line, I sculpted the edge of the mask at a diagonal across the face. I'm not sure if it really works or not, but the idea was to make it look different than all of the other characters with face masks. There should probably more material wrapped around the base of the shoulders.

And, yes, on Sabretooth (striped uniform) the mask is supposed to be pulled down all the way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:16 pm 

i think it works! I couldn't think of the correct term. instead of a balaclava it looks more like a shemaghs.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=shemaghs+for+sale&FORM=HDRSC2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:03 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Very nice desert version! I bet he looks great next to Dusty in the Desert Fox.
I just noticed you covered up the elbow "joint hole". Never thought of that, but it looks good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:47 pm 

Thanks!

I've kept that link and already pulled some images for future sculpting. I'm thinking working with wet paper might be a better route than using epoxy the next time I try one of these.

I didn't have a Desert Fox on hand, but here's the desert Warthog with Wreckage and Dusty.

As far as filling the rivet insets, I've been doing it for a while. I started with ARAH figures with sleeveless arms because it makes the sculpt visually "flow" better. There's always some extra epoxy when I mix it, so I reach into the WIP bag and fill up rivet insets on the ARAH arms, as well as inner thigh screw insets for ARAH/NS/25A figures.

Here are two current WIP's to get a feel of the epoxy on the legs.

Attachments:
wreckagedusty.jpg
wreckagedusty.jpg [ 182.69 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]
dnmlswip.jpg
dnmlswip.jpg [ 183.47 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])