Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: GI Joe 50th Fun Fix Final Day: Duke vs. Tombstone
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:30 pm 

Our final day is up, with a "what could have been done" approach to an actual retail 2 pack, Duke vs. Tombstone.

Oneforceleader, Rambo, ronin, Silent Master, Suburbanator
toy-nutz, Tsunami, Wowboy, pugsley, spin doctor

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:57 pm 

super line up! duke and tombstone are so much better than retail, WOW! imagine how many would sell if they were like these....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:24 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

Way overdue in commenting on these. First off, thanks to bucky for inviting me to throw a few of my pieces in. I love being a part of projects, and this was a fun one. The limitations on part choice made it an interesting challenge.

Let's go by day:

Day1

Hard Drive. Nice near LBC, he's a Minnesotan Joe, so I want him in my ME collection, but with no appearances in any media, it's been tough to muster the motivation. Being able to get a version of him this nice without a ton of work? That should get me off my duff.

Not feeling the head on Hacker, but that's a good use of the PoC Beachhead body. The parts haven't been used a bunch and in these colors they work well for his look.

Day2

I said it on Facebook, but this is now the second use of that SAW Viper I've seen that's preferable to the original figure, without repainting that purple. You guys never cease to amaze.

Falcon is the figure I wish we'd have gotten. Better build than the 25th, but in the colors I think we all associate with him. Though a Sonic Fighters version would be cool too . . .

Day 3

More solid (near) LBCs. Using that torso for Stretcher is inspired. It works for him color-wise, and ties him to Lifeline too. May have to steal that.

Day 4

I really wish they'd take that tack with the O13. The 25th figures just haven't aged well, and there's ample parts to do them really really well with maybe just some new heads.

Day5

Love the DTC Outback, love this figure.

And that Stiletto headswap is stolen in a second.

Day7

While it's never been my cup of tea (if only because I don't want to have to go and put washes on all my factory figures) I always love seeing the detail that a solid wash can bring out of these sculpts. There's so much in there that just gets washed out by factory paint and flat colors.

Great work by everyone here!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])