Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: ave's Summer 2017 customs-The Corps
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 pm 

man you transformed those meh' parts into a great figure!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:19 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
man you transformed those meh' parts into a great figure!

Thanks, I can't tell you how many times I've put those Firefly legs with that Roadblock torso for them to never work together.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:34 pm 

Trickshot came to The Corps late in their work. He is the son of a Hollywood producer and grew up on movie sets. He was drawn to the stunt men when he was younger who taught him the tricks of the trade. As an adult he had a hard time making the movies that he wanted to make so he set off to find a new career. Stumbling into members of The Corps one night at a bar, he challenged them to a challenge at the local target range. Impressed with his skill with firearms and his talented shots, they took him to meet Rain. Together they discussed filming The Corps in action and marketing the team to raise funds. Trickshot began filming as well as setting other members up with body cams. He edited the footage to upload and donations poured in. When they found themselves targeted by Cobra, The Corps members were invited to join GI Joe. Trickshot and Rain have been separated from the other members of The Corps but they still work good as a team of two.

Attachment:
Trickshot.jpg
Trickshot.jpg [ 103.99 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]

Attachment:
Trickshot All Geared Up.jpg
Trickshot All Geared Up.jpg [ 111.86 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]

Based on Backblast from the TRU Winter Ops set, this was a fun figure to make. I did try a different pattern on the pants but it turned out horrible so I removed the paint and went back with the two color camo. Gave him the nunchuks as a callback to the Avalanche mold. The bandolier is from Marauder.

Attachment:
Trickshot WIP.jpg
Trickshot WIP.jpg [ 67.9 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]

Avalanche is the only Battle Force 2000 figure I had as a kid somehow. Never really cared for it to be honest. I thought he looked pudgy and the helmet was ridiculous. I did like the repaint in the TRU set. Here I used the Spytroops Shipwreck torso with a little length and thickness around the middle. The arms are VvV Beachhead lowers on VvV Storm Shadow Uppers that I've had laying around for a while, originally intended for a Hit & Run. Cobra Commander thighs on Duke lower legs complete the short stumpy, tall booted look I was going for. The VvV Beachhead waist is unchanged. The Rook head with a Med-Alert helmet finish it off.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:37 pm 

And a shot of Rain and Trickshot together:

Attachment:
Corps Rain And Trickshot.jpg
Corps Rain And Trickshot.jpg [ 136.43 KiB | Viewed 461 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 pm 

trickshot just took #1 for me! that wip shot really shows the work you put in, and it paid off!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Thanks for the links, AVE!

Good work on the sculpting, I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't included the WIP pics.

Post subject: Re: ave's 2017 customs-Dreadnok Muscle--Road Pig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:42 pm 

Road Pig was my jam in 1988 and 1989. The huge build was awesome the first time I saw it. Finally got it through a trade with my cousin or somehow, I remember that I never opened one until Funskool. I made one from parts available during the Spytroops run in my early days of customizing but it has always been a placeholder until I could do better. Several times I've tried to make a new one but it came up short. Finally I settled on using a mix of different era parts and some sculpting to get what I wanted. I wanted it to be a bulky figure but still in the realm of actual human sized. I wanted a goofy look but not as friendly as the 1988 figure. I wanted to stick with that original somewhat plain look of black pants and no shirt. Gotta have the white flat top with red stripe too. All in all, I met most of my must haves with this figure.

Attachment:
Road Pig.jpg
Road Pig.jpg [ 81.21 KiB | Viewed 427 times ]

The hammer is scratch built from my prohibition era Pig I did for the Alternate Timeline GP. The shoulders of the ARAH torso were widened to make larger sockets for the Barrage arms. Those arms were leftover from where I took the lowers for my Rock & Roll custom. I trimmed them down and drilled them to accept the older bicep swivel. The lower arms are from Shipwreck on the right and Guillotine on the left. The waist is Hacker trimmed down and rebuilt with added belt and cod piece. Upper legs are from Duke with a lot of added bulk. Originally I planned to use the Guillotine thighs to give some detail but they ended up too skinny for my goal. The lowers are Chap Mei robot spaceman graft to Guillotine knees. The head was a complete redesign starting with Guillotine. I was using this head to use any extra green stuff while doing some other builds and I slowly made the flat top. Unhappy with the facial structure I was going to try to resculpt the face from the bridge of the nose down. Stumbled across one of the many Mirage heads I have while cleaning up and decided to try something drastic. I performed a face transplant between the two figures and filled gaps with green stuff. Pretty happy with the result to give me new head that looks like no one else in my display. Still working on his shoulder pads and a shield now.

Attachment:
Road Pig WIP.jpg
Road Pig WIP.jpg [ 80.67 KiB | Viewed 427 times ]

And I'll include a group shot of all my pigs. Told ya Road Pig was my jam.
My first Road Pig, made from Black Out, Ripper, and Recondo with Chap Mei boots.
Prohibition Era Road Pig. Black Out Head, Ripper torso, Barrage arms and legs. Looks way undersized for the character.
Rancid, based on the unreleased Ninja Commando Road Pig. The hair sculpt was based on Guile.
and my latest.
Attachment:
Road Pigs.jpg
Road Pigs.jpg [ 147.72 KiB | Viewed 427 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:00 pm 

really nice! upper head transplant !! technical and flawless :) I really like the wip pic makes me want to make a roadpig incredible hulk mash up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:45 pm 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Oh, that head transplant is very creative!
It's on my to-do list or a couple of years now, but seeing you do it this really encourages me to have a try at it!
Nice sculpting modifications on all the body parts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:13 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
really nice! upper head transplant !! technical and flawless :) I really like the wip pic makes me want to make a roadpig incredible hulk mash up!

Tim 121RVC wrote:
Oh, that head transplant is very creative!
It's on my to-do list or a couple of years now, but seeing you do it this really encourages me to have a try at it!
Nice sculpting modifications on all the body parts.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement.

The head transplant was more than a simple slice in half and glue together although I should have went that route. I started with the Guillotine head and built the hair up but the lower jaw just wasn't bulky enough for the ARAH torso. I had played around with the Mirage head but it was too big as a whole. I decided to do a lower jaw transplant.
I started by slicing into the Guillotine head from the bridge of the nose straight back to the ear.
Then I cut back at an angle from the chin to the cut I made to the ear, slicing a big triangle shaped chunk out of the Guillotine face.
Then I attempted to make the same cuts to the Mirage head, using one of the GvC ones with the soft plastic was a big help.
Of course they weren't a perfect match so trimmed a little on the Mirage jaw and a little on the Guillotine head until they fit together.
Then I blended the area that the two met with a little sand paper.
The green stuff filled in the gaps where my trimming didn't mesh so well.
And the ears didn't turn out so well but I figure that's the outcome of bar fights.

Really should have just sliced them in half.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])