Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Blue Hood Assassin (Resurgence)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:46 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

Showing the photos for bucky, who will have to explain the backstory because I get all verklempt.

Attachment:
BHA_01.jpg
BHA_01.jpg [ 225.3 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
BHA_02.jpg
BHA_02.jpg [ 241.89 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
BHA_03.jpg
BHA_03.jpg [ 227.99 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
BHA_04.jpg
BHA_04.jpg [ 237.67 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
BHA_05.jpg
BHA_05.jpg [ 219.6 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
BHA_06.jpg
BHA_06.jpg [ 174.69 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Attachment:
1179986785Assassin_2.gif
1179986785Assassin_2.gif [ 99.47 KiB | Viewed 829 times ]

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Blue Hood Assassin (Resurgence)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:41 pm 

nice update! needs those upturned gaucho boots though :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 pm 

joemichaels70 wrote:
Showing the photos for bucky, who will have to explain the backstory because I get all verklempt.

Attachment:
BHA_01.jpg

Attachment:
BHA_02.jpg

Attachment:
BHA_03.jpg

Attachment:
BHA_04.jpg

Attachment:
BHA_05.jpg

Attachment:
BHA_06.jpg

Attachment:
1179986785Assassin_2.gif

On the off chance anyone is paying attention:

During the Custom Auction from the last Celebration, JM70 donated his ALTFSS figures to the cause. All came with cards, and were custom made for him as an alternative to the club's FSS. All were made by danielb and his wife. The pricing was in line with the Club's FSS, meaning these cost him some coin.

JM70 was very generous in donating them!

Only he didn't donate them. In the hustle and bustle of gathering up a gigantic amount of customs from all over the site (they were literally all shipped to me for this), taking the pictures, writing the descriptions, and the actual listing... I didn't catch the fact that he was only offering up some of the ALTFSS, not all of them.

The mistake was made as I used his stock pictures from the original reveal thread, and did not open the box to take new pictures. Similar as to how I handled the figures from the traveling showcase, as Hypnohustler had photographed them all once already when we ran the polls to see which ones to get rid of. I'll be honest, not having to take pictures was nice.

So, I took the pictures from the ALTFSS thread, and listed all of them. They were getting fantastic bids, and I was keeping the guys in the loop about where the totals were. I am not sure JM70 caught the fact they had inadvertently been listed until well after they were up and had bids. He rolled with it llike a champ, as it was for the site and all.

But I still felt bad. JM70 and I tease each other, but I consider him a good friend. He's my Joecon buddy after all! I asked him to pick a figure of his choosing and I would make him a custom to help ease his pain, and have it ready by Assembly Required. In typical JM70 fashion, he forgot all about it and never did. Jerk.

But I didn't forget, and decided to try to make something that *might* mean something to him as a gift. After browsing through all of his customs, I kept coming back to "the Blue Hood". http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... 96&id=6913
A fun figure from JM70's past, his first custom, and something from when he was a child. It was perfect.

I opted to use an MTF base, and tweak the figure to make it as if it was a modern version of the character as opposed to trying to make a modern era "25th type" version with the same build (which he had already done). The figure is fully poseable as well, and should have little to no paint chipping should he decide to relive any childhood adventures.

It was a fun Joecustoms memory to present it to him at one of our get togethers (in this case Assembly Required).

Oneforceleader, Rambo, ronin, Silent Master, Suburbanator
toy-nutz, Tsunami, Wowboy, pugsley, spin doctor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:19 pm 

very cool story and guy and you too!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 pm 
Plug
Plug

I remember bucky asked me whether to add the line over the eye or not. I told him it really doesn't matter because JM70 is going to be so taken aback by it no matter what. I wasn't wrong there. Without it, it looks like a battlefield Cobra Commander which is more true to the original. With it, he looks at least a little more like a new character, but more importantly, bucky added his own twist to the overall concept which I knew JM70 would dig. It is a small touch, but it carries weight.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:13 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

I love that hood accessory and was always bummed that any use of it would automatically scream Cobra Commander.

Here it doesn't scream that, and that makes me love this custom.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])