Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cobra Switchblade jump jet, Razor Viper and Neo-Viper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm 

Switchblade
Cobra Jump Jet

I don't work in modern-era figures, but that doesn't mean that modern vehicles aren't in play. Anything of the proper scales works for custom Joe vehicles. This is a customized Cobra Gunship. It never looked right without wings to me, so I added some wings, a gun on the top and did a bit of painting to complete the look. The wings from the Rise of Cobra Night Raven fit perfectly to the shape of the fuselage – the Gunship and the Night Raven have exactly the same curvature there. I also drilled out the exhaust ports so that they actually look like exhaust ports.

The name for the original is confusing. The original toy is called simply the Cobra Gunship. The Rise of Cobra Mission Dossier book refers to the vehicle on which it is based as the Razor. The Top Trumps card for the movie calls it a Typhoon instead. I didn't want to use Razor since the Joes have a vehicle called the Razor-Blade, but that led me to think of the Switchblade, Miles Mayhem's vehicle from the old MASK line, since the final product reminds me of that one. The pilot is called the Razor Viper to keep that connection with the original.

Base vehicle – Cobra Gunship
Wings – Night Raven (Rise of Cobra version)
Gun – Trubble Bubble

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Razor Viper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm 

Razor Viper
Cobra Jump Jet Pilot

The Razor Viper is the pilot of the Switchblade, a customized version of the Rise of Cobra Gunship jump jet. I needed a pilot for that vehicle, so I just started digging through fodder and pieced this figure together. The look is pretty simple, Airborne's waist matches with the Crankcase legs and works since the Razor Viper is an air assault pilot. I removed the bits from the wrists of the Destro arms, and added some random stickers to make wrist computers that tie into piloting the jump jet.

Head – Alley Viper v9
Arms – Destro (modified)
Torso – Grid-Iron
Waist – Airborne
Legs - Crankcase

Pistol - unknown

Post subject: Neo-Viper (Rise of Cobra)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 pm 

Neo-Viper
Cobra Air Assault Trooper

This is an ARAH custom of the Rise of Cobra version of the Neo-Viper. I was planning on doing a version of the original Neo-Viper recently, but in order to have an air assault trooper to go along with a custom Cobra Gunship I thought it would be better to have a period-appropriate Neo-Viper instead. It was a pretty easy paint job, everything's either black of gunmetal, plus a Cobra decal for the left arm like the original version.

Head – Headhunter Stormtrooper
Arms – Motor Viper
Torso – Crimson Guard Immortal
Waist, legs – Mutt v3

Assault rifle – Marauder Inc. (modified)

Post subject: Re: Cobra Switchblade jump jet, Razor Viper and Neo-Viper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm 

solid showing! for me the translation of the neo viper steels the show! really cool :)

Post subject: Re: Cobra Switchblade jump jet, Razor Viper and Neo-Viper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 pm 

Wow!!! Very cool customs

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])