Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: MCU 10th Anniversary 4/7: Ulysses Klaue (p. 4)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:27 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Hey all.

Long time between updates, I know.

My kids and I have been rewatching the Marvel movies again in prep for Endgame, and yesterday was Black Panther; which made my daughter ask why I didn't have that weird one-armed guy in my MCU custom collection.

Honestly, I might never have thought to attempt him without that prompt, but - once we got to digging through my fodder - we thought we had a pretty good recipe:
Attachment:
Klaue.jpg
Klaue.jpg [ 93.03 KiB | Viewed 1253 times ]

This is more his look from Age of Ultron, which I prefer to any of his Black Panther outfits (this one feels like a throwback to the old-school comic look before he went all sonic). I've combined some Renegades Tunnel Rat legs with a Kwinn torso, arms and feet. Not sure whose head that is under the green stuff sculpting, but he had the right smarmy look and start of a beard. The tattoos I inked with Sharpie.
Attachment:
Klaue2.jpg
Klaue2.jpg [ 81.35 KiB | Viewed 1253 times ]

For his bionic arm, I decided to go a slightly different way from the movie design. I liked the idea of the fake hand still hanging off of it, but thought the blaster itself should be more impressive looking (and likely nano-enabled so it wouldn't necessarily have to fit in the fake forearm).
Attachment:
Klaue3.jpg
Klaue3.jpg [ 90.04 KiB | Viewed 1253 times ]

Thoughts?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: MCU 10th Anniversary 4/7: Ulysses Klaue (p. 5)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:32 pm 

most impressive sharpie tats! I haven't seen those movies/comics but you made a great figure on it's own :)

Post subject: Re: MCU - Countdown to Endgame:Thanos (p. 5)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:04 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Thanks 2Dark.

We're about a week out from Endgame now, and I've been looking at concept art and leaked footage to try and get a handle on how some of these characters will look in that awesome looking film.

I happened on one of the official Endgame Thanos figures and, while it looked pretty awful in the package, I thought I might be able to make something of this pivotal character:
Attachment:
Thanos.jpg
Thanos.jpg [ 95.79 KiB | Viewed 1208 times ]

Had to bisect the original figure to add articulated legs. The crotch, upper legs and knees came off a spare MU Blastarr and the lower legs/feet are from an Iron Man figure. Here's a shot of him next to my original MCU Thanos custom (which I'll likely revisit for better color and arms at some point) to show how they compare:
Attachment:
Thanos2.jpg
Thanos2.jpg [ 105.31 KiB | Viewed 1208 times ]

And here's a shot of him scraping with Tony (a preview of my Endgame Iron Man custom) and Steve (a cleaned up version of my default MCU cap custom):
Attachment:
Thanos3.jpg
Thanos3.jpg [ 105.41 KiB | Viewed 1208 times ]

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: MCU - Countdown to Endgame:Thanos (p. 5)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:31 pm 

looks good to me! that iron man is smooth!

Post subject: Re: MCU - Countdown to Endgame: Iron Man (p. 5)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Thanks, 2Dark.

Inside a week to go now and the excitement in my household is really mounting.

Today I'll share a better shot of that new Iron Man armor we've got glimpses of in Endgame trailers and leaked footage (and I love the idea of paying tribute to his classic look as the designers apparently have) as well as a redux of a previous custom showcasing the other armor I expect we'll see Tony wearing in Endgame (his nano suit from Infinity War).

First, the nano-suit:
Attachment:
IMIW.jpg
IMIW.jpg [ 82.87 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

Then, the new suit :
Attachment:
IMEG.jpg
IMEG.jpg [ 73.76 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

Finally, a shot of Tony's recently expanded Hall of Armor (which I hear might also be making an appearance):
Attachment:
IMHoA.jpg
IMHoA.jpg [ 165.91 KiB | Viewed 1171 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:55 pm 

Loves me some Ironmenz. I like the nano-suit version more than the "new" armor but I've just never been a big fan of the classic shell-head design in general. You've done a great job here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:12 pm 

I don't know the marvel verse well enough to tell which is what. that being said I like the armored down sleek look of that new suite. your display with all the suites...just wow!

I haven't made an iron man (if I did it would probably be a steampunk affair) but I have used his head a couple times. if your interested in seeing they are in the gallery as "warpig" and "super cop" plus I made bikes for them both :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:27 pm 

Awesome stuff!

Wife and I have been rewatching one MCU movie everynight for the past few weeks to be ready for this weekend. I think we've just got Infinity War, Ant Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel (if we can find a place to watch it again, don't think it's out for streaming yet) left.

I really like the gun arm on Klaue and the Thanos fixes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:59 pm 
Plug
Plug

Based on the Hot Toys version of the new suit, I'm guessing there isn't as much solid gold together on the actual movie version. Theirs is borken up with a lot more gun metal panel lines and more red on the shoulders and hips. I only mention it because I don't know how "movie accurate" you want to make yours before seeing what they actually put on screen.
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail ... ductID=669

Man, I just want to see the movie. These customs don't help me fight that urge at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:01 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

pluv wrote:
Based on the Hot Toys version of the new suit, I'm guessing there isn't as much solid gold together on the actual movie version. Theirs is borken up with a lot more gun metal panel lines and more red on the shoulders and hips. I only mention it because I don't know how "movie accurate" you want to make yours before seeing what they actually put on screen.
http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail ... ductID=669

Good point. Easy enough to add some gunmetal in the mix after I get a better look at him on screen.

In the meantime, here's another Endgamer whose movie look I'm not entirely certain of yet but, based on some of what I've seen, he'll likely be wearing this outfit at some point:
Attachment:
ProfHulk.jpg
ProfHulk.jpg [ 89.36 KiB | Viewed 1126 times ]

This started as the Endgame 6-inch Hulk, but there wasn't a ton about that figure that I loved. So I scrapped the legs and the head, cobbled together some legs for him and gave him my standard Hulk head (the Avengers All Stars version). Here's a shot to show the increased range of leg articulation in a rematch I really hope we get to see in the movie:
Attachment:
ProfHulk2.jpg
ProfHulk2.jpg [ 105.89 KiB | Viewed 1126 times ]

And here's a pic of him with some of his Endgame teammates (who I won't be revisiting in custom form):
Attachment:
ProfHulk3.jpg
ProfHulk3.jpg [ 130.2 KiB | Viewed 1126 times ]

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: MCU - Endgame Customs: Hawkeye (p. 6)
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

So we finally saw Endgame last night. The family experienced ALL the feels. And it inspired me to spend my day off today finishing up my Endgame tribute to the key players in that movie with a guy I'm honestly amazed has survived as long as he has in the MCU.

I never really cared for Hawkeye's Ronin phase in the comics, but in the movie he was just awesome. So I dug up an old MCU Ronin and went to town on it with new feet, hands, head/hood, belt and a rigged up bandolier/sword sheath:
Attachment:
Hawkeye_Ronin.jpg
Hawkeye_Ronin.jpg [ 89.38 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]

Then I started thinking about his other look later in the movie and realized the outfit was pretty similar to his Civil War getup. So I modeled something on that:
Attachment:
Hawkeye_CW_EG.jpg
Hawkeye_CW_EG.jpg [ 81.44 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]

Here he is hanging out with his best friend:
Attachment:
Hawkeye_Endgame.jpg
Hawkeye_Endgame.jpg [ 98.99 KiB | Viewed 1081 times ]

What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: MCU - Endgame Customs: Hawkeye (p. 5)
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:42 pm 

they look great! I have that "ronin" base figure and had no idea who it was. I picked it up fot a possible mortal kombat custom.

I saw the avengers tv trailer where hulk says he wears shirts now, made me think of your custom :)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:28 pm 

Wow! I am so sad that I've missed out on so many amazing figures. Fantastic work all around. Love Thanos. The Hall of Armor is absolutely fantastic. Hulk is great but that former t-crotch is distracting, at least to me. Not sure how to remedy it. Other then that holy heck yeah great work!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:53 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

sgcaper wrote:
Hulk is great but that former t-crotch is distracting, at least to me.

Not just you.

I've been staring at it much of the last week and I think I have a potential solution, but it's going to be pretty high impact. Will probably put it off until I get another few days off work in a row,

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:54 pm 

couldn't you just use sculpt in and around the T, filling it in. then grind smooth?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:54 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])