Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pyro's Band of Thugs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:28 pm 

I've always had a special place in my heart for the Bronze Bombers...which one day I will make, BUT...here's my story about the 98 Bombers.

I vividly remember seeing the Bombers set in Toys R Us and actually say OUT LOAD, "Sheesh look at the G.I. Joe rip offs...I'm not buying that!"

Those of us that are deep into the collecting plastic crack habit know thats at least a three maybe four palms to the forehead mistake.

BUT...I a few years ago found myself with the urge to make Crazeblaze.

A few years later I made Backdraft.

Then Firebomb.

So recently I decided that since I had inadvertently made 3/4ths of Pyro's Band of Thugs Scorch needed to be made.

And yes I too have always been confused by the name Pyro's Band of Thugs when there is no character named Pyro to lead the band of thugs. I can only assume they feel that they are all led by the urge to be pyromaniacs.

Crazeblaze
Made from SE mold with the shoulder holster of a Neo Viper Officer, and a Darklon head from Angel Forge. The gun is ROC Flash.

Backdraft
Backdraft is a combo of two Air Vipers. The ROC Jet pack Air Viper and the vest of a regular Air Viper. The gun is POC CC's strapped to his wrist...I should glue that.

Firebomb
Firebomb is a ROC Ice Viper with Airtights tank backpack and RET Dukes gun. His dome is Deep Six and so is the hoses glued to him and the gun.

Scorch
Scorch is obviously a ROC Motor Viper with an ROC gun and some paint changes.

The entire Band of Thugs...

Custom Rule #1: Honor the spirit of the character
Custom Rule #2: I'm not that great a customizer so keep it as simple as possible

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Pyro's Band of Thugs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:51 pm 

nice group!

that neon green jumps off the screen!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:06 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
nice group!

that neon green jumps off the screen!

Its a hard color to paint in.

I'm using Vallejo Acrylic Neon, which isn't exactly user friendly, none of the neons are...its thicker than average paint, but a base coat of tan helped for better coverage. Naked eye its still a bit spotty in coverage after 3 coats on neon...BUT its good enough for pics so...guess I'm happy enough with it.

Custom Rule #2: I'm not that great a customizer so keep it as simple as possible

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:17 pm 

not blotchy at all in pics. maybe do a wash of it over what you got to "fill in". I can't remember how I painted nf zartans neon green, but the paint I have is super thin. acrylic poster pain maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:44 pm 

Nice will see if I can find some...THANKFULLY its not a color I need too often...lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:47 pm 

Great takes on that set! I still remembering buying them on a lark at a TRU back in '97 (ish). Your take on Firebomb is a good approach, too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:11 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])