Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shockwave (Every Joe Artwork #9)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:50 am 

From 1988, Shockwave:

Shockwave might be a civilian police officer on the GI Joe team. The filecard can be interpreted that he joined the armed forces when he left the Detroit Police Department. But there's just enough wiggle room to interpret it as he "left" the Detroit Police Department by way of being detached to the GI Joe team, possibly through some questionable Department of Defense/local governments program. SWAT, according to the filecard, is "Special Weapons and Tactics", terminology used by civilian law enforcement. The military equivalent would be SRT, for "Special Reaction Team"- but I could be way off on this. If you know, please fill me in.

If GI Joe were real, the Joes would not really be able to pursue Cobra within the United States due to the Posse Comitatus Act, which basically forbids engagement activity inside of US borders. Having him on the team would allow for some law enforcement done on American soil, which is typically not allowed unless specifically authorized or ordered by the President of the United States.

Taking the approach that Shockwave is a civilian cop, here he is in a police uniform- what he might wear when the other Joes wear their dress uniforms. Of course he's also seen with his trademark cap and ski mask in the inset panel. The hair style is based on the maskless ARAH figure. SWAT officers tend to be pretty built individuals, so I also gave Shockwave a beefier frame than he's usually depicted as having.

Artistically, this piece just doesn't work. I couldn't get the face to "fit together" the right way and drew the jawline too wide and cartoony. It's not American Dad, but certainly on the way. The inset image of Shockwave is okay, but the main portion is clunky.

Attachments:
everyjoe shockwave.jpg
everyjoe shockwave.jpg [ 215.59 KiB | Viewed 419 times ]
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Shockwave (Every Joe Artwork #9)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:01 am 

I like it! I think the patriot act might have opened up all resources to operate here to some extent. I have read(listened) to a book that dealt with military assets operating directly under the president here and abroad, classified top secret presidential.

I like the artwork too. I think it works and not too cartoony at all.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])