Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Mega Construx MOTU Customs Added Skullman and Evil-Lyn 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:45 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Thanks! I've got a set of wings I'm thinking of giving him if I can figure out a good way to mount them on. I've also got to give him an ax and knife of some sort to give him the original figure vibe.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Mega Construx MOTU Customs Added Skullman and Evil-Lyn 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 pm 

Continuing in my addition of KO lines to my MOTU collection, I've added a couple of Sungold Galaxy Warriors to my Mega Construx customs. First up is Deevil.
Sungold, like the other KO lines, didn't give their figures any story or characterization, so they're really blank slates. In my MOTU-Blox world-building, Deevil is a Gar warrior, serving Skeletor. First, a picture of the original figure:

My figure, head to toe a Faker with a He-Man harness, with a sculpted helmet an front of the harness.

Next is Tiger Man. Again, there's no backstory to the figure, other than he's a tiger man. I'm not sure how he's going to fit into my collection, whether he's going to be a heroic warrior or evil warrior. The original figure:

My figure -- He's a Beast-Man with sculpted tiger head:

Post subject: Re: Mega Construx MOTU Customs Added Deevil and TigerMan 07-
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:14 pm 

awesome! never saw these characters b4. you did great sculpting on that tiger head!!

Post subject: Re: Mega Construx MOTU Customs Added Deevil and TigerMan 07-
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:35 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
awesome! never saw these characters b4. you did great sculpting on that tiger head!!
Thanks!

Up next: The Fighting Foe Men

(write-up after pics)
Dawg-O-Tor, Shield Maiden Sherrilynn, Ditztroyer

Dawg-O-Tor, Talon Fighter Pilot
The build: Head to toe - He-Man. Sculpted on chest armor, sculpted on helmet.

Shield Maiden Sherrilynn, Attak Trak Driver
The build: Head to toe - Teela. Sculpted on chest armor, sculpted on helmet, sculpted on fur diaper.

Ditztroyer, Roton Driver
The build: Head to toe - Skeletor with one modification -- Cut Skeletor's face off, cut Faker's face off a spare Faker head and glued it on Skeletor's head (you can see the leftovers in the last pic). Sculpted the emblem over Skeletor's harness. Cut straps off harness. Made cape out of grocery bag.

Looking for some more customs to do, I came across the Fighting Foe Men. I didn't collect MOTU Classics or really keep up on them, so I was unfamiliar with these characters when I found them in a list of MOTU characters. However, I liked the look of the figures so wanted to add them to my MC:MOTU universe. I'm not using them as created, though. I may keep the names: Dawg-O-Tor, Shield Maiden Sherrilynn, and Ditztroyer but I'll be using D-O-T and Sherrilynn as heroic characters and Ditztroyer as one of Skeletor's lackeys. If you don't know the backstory on them (as I didn't before yesterday): In the '80's, Monogram made a set of licensed Snap-Tite models based off the Talon Fighter, Attak Trak, and Roton. The box art for the models had generic pilots for the vehicles instead of existing MOTU characters. During the MOTU Classics run, They took these characters and made them a team of pirates known as the Fighting Foe Men, who happened to be the creators of the vehicles they piloted (Dawg-O-Tor -- Talon Fighter, Sherrilynn -- Attak Trak, Ditztroyer -- Roton) and wound up working for Hordak. 1) I don't like the name "Fighting Foe Men" (so lame, and supposedly, almost the name of MOTU before they came up with MOTU -- I doubt it would have been nearly so popular with that name) 2) D-O-T and the shield maiden are too heroic looking to be villains in the simplistic designs of the MOTU characters (even King Hiss' 'heroic' look was kind of evil looking) 3) I have my own canon I use for MOTU and they fit in better as individuals rather than a team. I may mock up some heads and armor/emblems to 3D print and replace the sculpting, but I'm happy with them for now. Noticed in the pics I need to touch up some paint. It's hard to see in person but in the larger size of the pics, it's more noticeable.

Thanks for looking!

Post subject: Re: Mega Construx MOTU Customs Added The Fighting Foe Men 08
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:20 am 

Dude, these are all so awesome!

I've recently been trying to get back into customizing Mega Construx, and this is just so much inspiration I needed.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノGreat duos come in threes..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])