Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:37 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2DARK2-FANTA-C merge wips-stuff + RATFINK
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:24 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Oh, that terror bird skull is well made!

I'd like to know where the awesome guns below are from?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 2DARK2-FANTA-C merge wips-stuff + RATFINK
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:55 am 
JC Podcaster

Tim 121RVC wrote:
Oh, that terror bird skull is well made!

I'd like to know where the awesome guns below are from?

Those shotguns are from the "Fortnite" line.

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Post subject: Re: 2DARK2-FANTA-C merge wips-stuff + RATFINK+GOTG
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:36 am 

thanks tim! I had dismissed those fortnite guns as too cartoonish, but they work well as sci-fi blasters. i'll eventually outfit my entire GOTG with one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:29 pm 

i have been holding onto these skulls and finally got to finishing them out. embracing hot glue as a cheaper way to get there, has really motivated me.
top to bottom/left to right
alien queen , single war beast tusk, iron dragon, terror bird, red dragon, danzig dragon , fire mountain dragon
star god mask, unicorn, minotaur, giant skull, cave lion, night stalker dragon, star god mask
mother of all dragons, sharptooth dragon, (chicago) bull dragon, longneck dragon, spike tail dragon, draco dragon, basilisk serpent, three horn dragon, dark forest balak
all just working names :)
side view of the smaller ones.
most of the smaller dino skulls are from the safari toob

fish tank deco's from wish for $2 each
if anyone wants to know what each is made of/altered how i'll be glad to share.

totally unrelated I got my base for my ratfink rod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:17 am 

painting these up for dio use. they came from my junk bin. bases made of a nickel, scrap wood, hot glue.

not being much into comics, there are a ton of characters that I know nothing about. when sgcaper posted up his lobo custom I was blown away. I googled and looked at a ton of images. I said at the time, I need to make one. well the parts I had didn't pan out and I shelved the idea. last night I stumbled on a recipe using some parts from my junkpile that has got me going.
disney infinity head and hair, dollar tree static hulk bust chest, arms are kiss I think, hands and boots 7" lotr, legs 5" tmnt, gow? belt.
he's kind of big
still working on a boom stick. top is a skylander launcher w/drum from a playmation robot. bottom is all fortnight modded with the cylinder from a fn grenade launcher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:25 pm 

been a few since I edited/uploaded pics. before I take more I told myself to post what I have. some randomness for sure.

small lobo update
what should I paint on the back of his jacket?
I still want to do one more round of hotglue on his hair. really happy with it to fill underneath and blend so far!

I dug into my rumblers (almost complete hobbled together) box for something else, and saw my Robocop. I got the idea to bash it onto a halo figure. it is big, but I figure in my verse ol' robo gets upgraded for military use. this set of pictures show the cutdown offbrand gun I had for the rumbler….that won't do!
calling his buddy robojoe for the time being. so far an lbc with kranng head over halo body.rifles are 6" low detail 50bmg's that I glued the bipods on (open and closed versions). i'm looking for that right bit to add the big squred off scope thingy.

something completely different. while hotgluing on Robocop I realized the little pedestal that hulk bust came on was a perfect size for this. I've had this spiky tail for a couple yrs, but never knew how I was going to use it. it will go with my trophy wall :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 pm 

I mentioned in pastnastifications thred that heatshrink should work well for holster/sheaths. I dabbled a bit for the knife and very large revo's I want to give lobo. not mounted or trimmed yet, but in concept I think this method will work. just cut a pattern out of strong thin plastic a little larger than your item. put it in the heatshrink and hold it above a lighter.
I used larger dia heatshrink on the middle set to give me more room to run a belt. the green was just to see if I precut the heatshrink how it would act. you really can't control how/where it shrinks so your cuts get "off"".

* if you put the gun/knife in it i'd suggest you use the very hot water method instead of fire! in theory put your pattern in the heatshrink with the item then drop in very hot water. the pattern will give you some space so the gun could be removed. it should look just like a real life holster flat on the back with the outline of the gun on front. i'll try this way too eventually.

back to the Robocop gun. lots of trial and error! I have 2 factory versions in these pics, plus an even smaller one I found since these pics. I needed one for the 5" line or a smudge bigger. being cheap I looked into what I had that might work.
2 factory top, then 3 fails. final version bottom. it is made of parts from 3 different guns.
these two plus that original offbrand handgun

one final mod was done. removing most of the sight rail and sights. I think this captures the spririt of the Robocop gun!
I also made a v2 while I was at it for robojoe :) here I simply took that 6" saw machinegun I used for the v1 grip and chopped out a pistol!

both painted

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:01 pm 

my latest wip skulls for my trophy wall. if I just keep making them, might end up being more than one wall....
L-R water dragon, snake cult idol, hell hound, predalien skull, bog beast/shrek, naga
the predalien and shrek were both mostly made from a weird McFarlane violator skull. the spine on the pred, the first vertebra on shreks nose, jaws shortened and used as horns. the face of the predalien and snake idol are bossfight.

I used some curtain rod balls I got awhile ago on top of my other 2 dollar tree marvel bust stands

my lbc evil knight. fortnite base, frost giant head, skumm helm. dragon heart? shield, and unknown axe.
this guy snapped at the waist where I superglued a ball. I fixed it with hotglue and pinned. also added to his tongue collection from the skulls.
I did a head swap on mossbeastman. now an ogre i'm hoping his head isn't too cartoonish. I might ugly it up some with hair or scars.
all together

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:06 pm 

I realized the other day that I didn't have a horror figure started and Halloween is coming up. there is Donnie Darko and the voodoo guys,but for my annual homage I want to tackle the giants.
I've had the 2 green chainsaws for a long time, but they seemed anemic and plane. the handles are bent from coathanger. just one piece held by it's own tension. one got a blade upgrade from a spawn figure and they both got spiky kick guards. using the spare bar on the flashlight for a smaller electric chainsaw was just a lucky bonus!
as usual I didn't stop there. I've had these plastic and rubber chainsaws in my trade box for a long time. at one point they were going on my ramjets, but they never made it. cutting off the huge spiked chains got the blades looking much closer to our scale.
3 got coathanger handles, 1 plastic. I tried giving them some different looking bits so I didn't look like 4 of the exact same model.
one reason they never appealed to me was that one side was hallow. with my new found love of hotgle that is fixed for cents!
who will survive, and what will be left of them? I really wanted the pics of them before paint, because they are gonna get ugly!

also as per normal I got an idea for a dio. more of a dio piece really to go along with these.
I got this shack awhile ago from the spectre! a nice simple piece. I cut off some of the army comm. equipment, then got an idea to make it 2 sided.
the back side is from McFarlane I think. nice simple kill table, but why stop there?
the shed felt cramped, but I liked all the built in detail. so I added really simple hinges (zip ties) and cut some bits off.
and what had me laying awake at night the hanging chainsaws from the geico commercial :)
more weapons to get bloodied up on the kill table.
oh and the figure :) lots to do on him yet. hopefully having a dead line will keep me going.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:03 pm 
Plug
Plug

Wow. Love the pedestals. You can never have too much of :robocopgun: !

Chainsaw Masacre! Yes please.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:17 pm 

thanks pluv! I appreciate the encouragement :) i'm surprised you didn't get in a presumptive "EWE".....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:49 pm 

Oh so much here that I love, Robo, skulls, chainsaws, kill table, YES PLEASE!

I went to Hell and killed the devil, now I can't tell time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:53 pm 

thanks dropshipbob!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:48 pm 

been working on my leatherface and dio. I kept the kane head as plan b and even sculpted on it a bit, but after looking through images I realized I wanted multiple masks if I can swing it.

here were my first go at masks and red chainsaw.

under the mask
plan z that won't fit now, but I kind of liked.
these didn't make the cut, but will hang around

kill table side. I added a hanging post, meat hooks, and lots of blood.

no here hide behind the chainsaws! I tried to make them look different, but all look realistic, old ,and crusty. i'll get some bettr pics before final assembly of the dio. I need to spray them all with clear.
a couple more bloody implements I had hanging around :)

today I did a bunch of sculpting on leatherface. it has been awhile since I sculpted with apoxie and I was rusty. my sculpt has began to dry out so I will be trying to use it up. i'll get some pics before paint :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:23 pm 

the shed side is coming along

my final 4 masks. calling them classic,eric,pretty lady, and old lady from source material I saw online. made from jack Osborne, tony stark, terra queen, and Sharon Osborne over sized heads. i'm really happy with these.

here you can see my pretty rough sculpting. it's actually a couple rounds of sculpt and grind. the neckball on the doc oc body was way low so I first sculpted on top of it for a longer neck and higher ball. the ball piece broke off while grinding so I cut the og ball off and added a plastic peg with a nail and super glue. I had to sculpt into the wrists when the bane hands kept popping out. I went with some ME gloved hands reluctantly, but they give the best over all fit since they came off those same forearms. I also added larger joe boots in place of the ij soldier boots. I like the other set better, but they were just too tiny.
hands hold well and he stands sturdy
I took one shot with a mask to show how it makes the shirt collar look less huge and wonky.

my next pics will be of it done, hopefully before Halloween! need to paint the entire figure, I sprayed it with matte clear so paint will stick better (thanks sgcaper!). I also need to make his apron. I have a bunch of chopped up victim bits to gore up and add to my dio.

I think I've seen 2-3 of the various movies, i'd love to see them all especially the newest "leatherface". I know I saw the one with dennis hopper and the modern one with r lee ermy.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:37 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])