Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Mystere's all customs thread
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:24 pm 

both are really cool!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:52 am 

Thanks ;) .

Here is a fun custom I did last year, this is Predacon, one of the aliens that was last introduced to GI Joe in about 1994 and left forgotten since.Not specially my cup of tea, but I must admit it is a cool character, although more in Star Wars if you ask me! the vintage figure is quite forgettable, for my custom I based on the blister art, which is quite menacing.Most complicated was engineering the arms articulations, so that all arms are fully poseable. I used a Venom body, which was curiously super articulated on arms, but nearly fixed legs, and combined it with a modern Thor.

Here the rest of the Lunartix trio;

Probably, the weirdest "GI Joe" figure to ever have been made. I followed the cardback, as I saw good potential in it, and there is no other source of media for the characters. I thought that as Star Wars aliens, they are quite good.Made using a Lizard figure with some sculpting here and there.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKxDoOdj0HK_rnBpJjtCAw-ZHtitNXA_LxJLmVAf5KEtHRnNYe_yBqLLRrvbRjEfrq9K3PqRTw4FnCYSzaRGjzs90UUo4pbLGAGJC4v-knjCJ2Cj9DMDrKilZxs4VnPKMThGd-6agn7TUI4mK96G3cAhj-adM2DWep9fwQXe9JTd3uI5F_Qin0Wxyk/s800/lobotomaxx1.jpgImage

And the last to complete the trio :) . I used a Tygra Thundercats 3.75 to bring him to custom figure life. He needed sculpting everywhere, a complex custom to do, but I am very happy how he turned out. I followed the card illustration as close as possible.Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:42 am 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

Nice job on these!

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:45 am 

just spectacular! i love your style on these so much. from sculpt to color and really great posing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:01 am 
Thomas from Missourri

I never thoughts I'd be even remotely interested in the period where the Joes went to space and fought monster aliens.

Thank you for proving me wrong with these very fun and well done customs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:22 pm 

Phenomenal sculpting here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:50 am 

Many thanks ;) . It's been a while without posting here, so I redress it with a few here :)

Thunder Ninja; canonic character, yes ;) . Browsing boredly through YoJoe, I stumbled upon the Micro force figures, and a design struck me as fresh, new, and basically, never seen before, Thunder Ninja. Tried to get more info about him but couldn't, I don't know if he appears on comics, but couldn't find anything. I thought it would be cool to make it into a ARAH figure. You can check his micro force figure here; https://www.yojoe.com/micro-force/13/thunderninja.shtml

Torinoko. A concept I've come up myself, considering what might have happened if GI JOe had continued in 1995. Coming from the Ninja fever of the nineties, more Ninjas were tremendously possible, and so I went a bit for colours like Budo unreleased, with a gimmick like chrome hand, and a bit of textile like Tjbang, etc. He is an outcast ninja, dishonoured by a previous deed, who roams having sworn revenge to all other ninja clans.

Mariner; googling I found a image of possible, but unproduced comic book character that were considered for the GI Joe vs Cobra run. One of them, Mariner, struck me as one of the more interesting of the lot, and wanting another new Joe, I thought he was a good choice :) to enlarge my GI Joe vs Cobra collection.

And to finish, a custom I did on commission, not for my own collection. Dusty Hayes from MASK; in GI Joe 25th style. Good thing is that I casted the helmet, so someday I'll be able to do my own vintage version :) . Cobra commander was just the best base body out there, didn't even have to paint much of him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:52 am 

Very nice work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:13 am 

Thanks harlie ;) . Here another one just posted;

This is Amok, a new Cobra dreadnok. I got the Roadblock 25th figure, which I thought was awful, and hence I customized him. I felt more Dreadnoks were needed, and at the same time I had a spare bike to repair, so was born Amok. 

"A Dreadnok with the urge of running around, recklessly, without objective nor reason, if you see him in your backmirror, run!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:11 pm 

Beautiful mask (in an evil way). How did you make it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:11 am 

Great creation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])