Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lunartix Spacecraft
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:09 pm 

After the initial prison planet breakout, the Lunartix traveled the galaxy aboard the confiscated prison transport. But the tight quarters and differing personalities created an intergalactic powderkeg. Carcass was the first to steal a personal ship at a layover. They intended to lay low until the big mouthed alien saw the green beauty that gave him a new craving. He convinced M'Lak'Eye, Skreech and, Zabrax to create a diversion as he swiped the hot rod. Things got hot but he made it off planet with the ship and the Lunartix had to skip the rest stop.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Lunartix Spacecraft
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:16 pm 

I bought a couple of these Force Link Millenium Falcons last year on clearance. I gave one to my son and couldnt believe how undersized it was. I started brainstorming then how to use mine. It all came together as I was clearing out some stuff and found the knockoff Trouble game and I knew the dice popper was the perfect canopy. The cockpit is a butchered seat from a Triple T, a Dixie cup, and some odd bits from Maisto motorcycles and other kibble. I used an elbow from a Gundam to hinge the canopy and built the edge up with Apoxiesculpt. I attached a weapon from a Wookiee to turn the cockpit into a giant cannon to supplement the bottom mount weapon. ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:22 pm 

Spaceshot took the next available ship. This quick attack Galactic Interceptor was taken from under the Enforcers. Once used to track down and arrest criminals, now the Lunartix have evened the score.

‐----------------

This was just a simple repaint of a Star Wars A Wing fighterImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:27 pm 

Blackstar's personal craft is more of a heavy hitter. He calls it the Overreach and he is quite adapt at piloting a ship that was never intended for his species.

‐------------

Just another repaint of a Star Wars ship. Ot looked cool in black but I was curious how it would look in silver. Taped off the panels on the wings and the cockpit windows. A little detailing of the cockpit and some along the exterior.ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:39 pm 

fun stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:56 am 
Plug
Plug

Agreed, Great repurposing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:21 pm 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

I love the bubble on the Falcon. Unbelievable work.

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:01 pm 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

chad_ghost wrote:

Yeah, that´s really cool!
I did something similar a few years ago, but never got past the WIP stage. I should dig it that thing up again and finish it...... :sleeping:

Edit: found it! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41693&p=487167&hilit=+disc#p487167

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:06 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
fun stuff!

Thanks, finally got my joe room set up after being in this house for nearly 2 years so now I can start unboxing vehicles.

pluv wrote:
Agreed, Great repurposing.

Thanks, my Lunartix shelf has expanded more than I ever expected. Used to hate the idea of alien and stuff but after playing with some ideas, I got them figured out for my world.

chad_ghost wrote:

Thanks, for the kind words. I was looking at bottles and jug toppers but never could find the right thing when I saw this Trouble game going in the trash. I struggled on the hinge, that was a key component, and then I saw the elbow joint. Still not happy on the sculpted area around the lip of the cockpit. My sculpting at a large scale is pretty rough.

Tim 121RVC wrote:
Yeah, that´s really cool!
I did something similar a few years ago, but never got past the WIP stage. I should dig it that thing up again and finish it...... :sleeping:

Edit: found it! viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41693&p=487167&hilit=+disc#p487167

I remember seeing that. Hope you get it finished! Mine is not near as creative. I just wanted to get some use out of the dinky Falcon. It should have been labeled as Matchbox scaled.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:21 am 

The work on the Falcon is inspired. The shape is way too iconic to hide, but I like how you just roll with it by dramatically shifting scales and centering the cockpit to the middle of the main body.

I agree that the addition of the bubble is a great idea. Can't wait to see more.

As far as the other two, if you hadn't pointed out that they were repaints I wouldn't have known. Which is to say you managed to make them look as pristine as factory releases. Nice work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:49 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])