Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Transformers by Kwinn_Lives - Reflector(s) added July 15
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:09 pm 

transformers were never high on my list of toys, honestly i could never seem to get them transformed all the way, then back so they bacame a pile of battlefield robots. that said it is very cool to see all these in one spot and staged so well. i liked the ones who combined to make bigger bots, but never had them.

you didn't show what reflector transformed into so i had to look it up. i was thinking a microscope (i seem to remember one in the cartoon?). i really dig the camera. do the 3 combine to make a camera? or is it 3 same cameras? what scale or series transformer would make a life size camera?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Transformers by Kwinn_Lives - Reflector(s) added July 15
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:24 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
you didn't show what reflector transformed into so i had to look it up. i was thinking a microscope (i seem to remember one in the cartoon?). i really dig the camera. do the 3 combine to make a camera? or is it 3 same cameras? what scale or series transformer would make a life size camera?

You need three to make a camera (just like the original toys). Their shields combine to form the zoom lens, and the guns become a tripod.

Post subject: Megatron
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:42 pm 

Megatron
Decepticon Leader

Megatron may have had the single biggest discrepancy between his toy form and his cartoon form back in the day (other then Jetfire/Skyfire, perhaps, but that's a whole other story). With the Megatron from War for Cybertron: Siege, we get a really good, cartoon-accurate toy for his robot mode. But this figure is essentially a Generation 2 Megatron dressed up as a Generation 1 Megatron, since its alternate form is a tank rather than a pistol. Which is fine by me, I much prefer tank Megatron to 9mm pistol Megatron. Makes him a lot more intimidating. I like the sword too, since it's an homage to his original release in Japan which had a similar accessory. At any rate, this custom is primarily to make some paint upgrades to get the colours even closer to the cartoon, and to chrome things that should be chrome.

All parts and accessories – Siege Megatron

Post subject: Parallax - Decepticon Surveillance (G1 version)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:02 pm 

Parallax
Decepticon Surveillance

Takara's Micro Change line was one of the main sources for early Transformers toys. Not every Micro Change toy crossed the ocean to become a Transformer though. MC-19 Binocular Robo Scope Man is one of the exceptions; although a US patent was filed for this toy at the same time as patents for Perceptor and Blaster, it never saw release as a Transformer. It did see release in North America by at least one manufacturer – I know because I had one as a kid.

This results in a two-part custom project – first to customize a Robo Scope Man toy to what it may have been like as a Transformer (including character profile and tech specs), and second to do a modern version of this character. This classic version involved adding some extra stickers (which strangely came with the figure, but the instructions did not say to use them) and Decepticon insignia, repainting the face since the original paint job was crap, and of course coming up with the character name and profile.

Tech Specs:

DECEPTICON - PARALLAX

“I spy with my little eye, something that is...doomed!”

Endlessly patient, PARALLAX will sit watching his target for days or months if needed. Has sensitive Infrared scanners and X-ray sensors that let him see almost everything around him. Uses a solar-beam ion ray powered by an internal light plasma system. Sometimes misses the trees for the forest – so focused on seeing things far away he misses what's right next to him.

Strength 6, Intelligence 7, Speed 2, Endurance 8, Rank 5, Courage 7, Firepower 7, Skill 7

---

All parts and accessories – Binoculars Robot Scopeman (manufacturer unknown, knockoff of Takara original)

Post subject: Parallax - Decepticon Surveillance (modern version)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:03 pm 

Parallax
Decepticon Surveillance

This modern version involved mixing and matching parts from the two Real Gear Robots binoculars figures that were released by Hasbro. One is blue and grey, the other yellow and black, so took the parts to make a blue and black one. The colour scheme is largely inverted from the original. Painted details and added chrome, also drilled holes in the fists to fit a weapon.

Transformers Universe Profile:

PARALLAX

Allegiance: Decepticons
Function: Surveillance

“I spy with my little eye, something that is...doomed!”

Profile: Unusual for a Decepticon, Parallax is patient – endlessly patient. While most of his team want to jump into action at the earliest possible moment, he sits and waits, observing and reporting, trying to find the perfect time to strike. When given a mission, he makes a plan and executes it, no matter how long it takes. If it takes him days, weeks, or even months, he will do what he has to do.

Abilities: Parallax has a complex and sensitive suite of advanced optics that he uses to surveil and spy on his targets. He has an array of Infrared scanners, X-ray sensors and other systems that allow him to see things that no one else can. In battle he uses a solar-beam ion ray powered by an internal light plasma system, using solar radiation to recharge it.

Weaknesses: Because his focus is so intense, Parallax can sometimes miss the trees for the forest, so to speak. He devotes so much attention to seeing hidden things that are far away that he often misses the obvious things right next to him.

---

Head, chest plate, back plate, lower legs – Farsight T-20 (Tranformers Real Gear Robots)
Torso, arms, upper legs – Longview (Transformers Real Gear Robots)
Weapon – G1 Bonecrusher (modified)

Post subject: Re: Transformers by Kwinn_Lives - new ones added Dec 04
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:31 pm 

These are excellent! Love what you've done with each one

Post subject: Crasher - Renegade
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:55 pm 

In 2008, Hasbro released a Transformer named Fracture who transformed into race car with a black, red and white colour scheme. Although the company acquired Tonka many years ago, the rights to GoBots characters is legally complicated, so Fracture is totally-not-Crasher from that toyline. This custom is a repaint of that figure, to take its base colours and bring the whole thing closer to Crasher's original appearance. This included replacing the white with a light grey, and adding more black. The front spoiler/weapon thing the figure comes with is omitted, since Crasher's original alt mode did not have a front spoiler.

All parts – Decepticon Fracture (Transformers, 2008)

Post subject: Re: Transformers by Kwinn_Lives - GoBot Crasher added Dec 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:56 pm 

Great work. Each one looks factory.

I have only done a few Transformer customs and they pale in comparison to these.

Post subject: Re: Transformers by Kwinn_Lives - GoBot Crasher added Dec 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:15 pm 

sgcaper wrote:
I have only done a few Transformer customs and they pale in comparison to these.

Thanks. I have more Transformers coming in the new year.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])