Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: 2020 Dump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:06 pm 

Figured it was a good time to put some stuff on the board. I've been posting it on Facebook and Instagram all year so some of this has been done for a while and you may have seen it elsewhere. I'll start with my latest completed work.

Finished Daina today. Fairly quick build that i pieced together yesterday. That doesn't happen for me very often.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 2020 Dump
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:23 pm 

I've had this head since last JoeCon and its been on this body. Finally got around to painting it this week.

A group shot of the International Action Force:
L to R: Claymore, Longshot, Sgt. Stone, Jammer, Big Ben, Blades, Volga, Red Star, and Horrorshow.

After today's work on Daina I repainted Volga's hair.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 pm 

The NinjaBAT was one of only two Sigma figures I picked up new when they came out. Playing around with some parts I picked up on ebay and I came across this Clone Wars Grievous(?) with awesome articulation. Swapped in a VvV BAT head and painted the tan parts of Grievous black. The stars aligned on this one and the base plastic of the BAT matched the Grievous. Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 pm 

I've had this one in my WIP file with a Scarlett head since I made The Centurions and Doc Terror & Hacker. I just never got the feel for it and stopped for other projects. It all came together when I swapped in the Rose Tico head.

In the Centurions cartoon, Amber is the daughter of Doc Terror and barely more than a Baroness clone. I tried to completely change that up by making her a child prodigy born without her right hand. Her single father, who worked in the prosthetics industry constantly used her to create new pieces for, even as she resisted. He pushed her into the cybernetics field where she excelled, until she learned of Doc Terror and the work he was doing with OverKill Industries. Late one night she disabled the security system and let Terror in. She watched as he tortured her father and Hacker destroyed the lab. That night she chose Terror and turned her back on her father as the lab burned and exploded. Ironically she now creates cybernetic prosthetics for OverKill and she has a collection of her own. Hers are equipped with AI and she rarely utilizes them on her arm. Instead the appendages crawl around on their fingertips and do her bidding.ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:26 pm 

Crystal Ball

I picked up a vest and head from raginspoon but never put it too use. This head is from the Gamerverse Collector. Its on a battle scarred Stormie torso with Dollar General Duke thighs and Destro boots. The hypnoshield is a Fortnite umbrella accessory with a handpainted design.Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:45 pm 

great stuff! that ninja bat is awesome! the hypnoshield looks perfect.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:07 am 

2DARK2C wrote:
great stuff! that ninja bat is awesome! the hypnoshield looks perfect.
Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:11 am 

Boss Fight had a sale earlier this fall and I picked up a few of the parts packs. I lucked out and got the alien builder kit. This is how I ended up with the Collector head for Crystal Ball. I hit the neck with green to match the head was the only paint needed to get a classic big headed green Martian. The kit came with a ray gun pistol but I swapped out for this larger rifle I had in the parts box.ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:15 am 

This McFarlane snake came out this year and I grabbed it up because its my kind of weird. A quick repaint with black and metallics to cover the odd pinkish-orange and purple gave this a much meaner look.ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 am 

The Boss Fight sale again. I've really wanted the Naga figure for a while but I just kept talking myself out of it. Then I was reading some reviews and someone mentioned the snake hand. It was a must-have figure suddenly. Once I received the figure I immediately swapped out the good guy looking head for this Saesee Tinn head I've had waiting for the perfect donor body.ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:16 pm 

big improvement on that cobra! my first time seeing the snake hand! now i want one :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:45 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

Your eye for parts stands out to me as always but is it just me or have your paints gone up a whole other level? Really look forward to your posts.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm 

drbindy wrote:
Your eye for parts stands out to me as always but is it just me or have your paints gone up a whole other level? Really look forward to your posts.

Thanks, I've not noticed my paints getting better but I'll take the compliment. Who knows where I'll be with 15 more years of practice?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:38 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Really love the unique choices for those Oktober Guard figures.

That Daina work great.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:40 pm 

MJTanner wrote:
Really love the unique choices for those Oktober Guard figures.

That Daina work great.
Thanks MJ, honestly I've never been a huge OG fan so these have been on the back burner but seeing the Horrorshow come together made me want to use that Daina head. Glad you're digging their new looks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])