Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Years wrap up
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:34 pm 

Not sure if these have been posted here or on the facebook page but I've been rearranging and figure I can post this update of mostly lbcs I've slapped together over the last few years

The first two, I forgot I had actually finished. They have been in storage since we moved and I wondered what happened to the wips.

Penny, Brain, and Chief Quimby

I updated Penny with a tablet instead of a computer book/communicator radio. Pretty sure it's just trimmed from a random piece of plastic and painted to match my daughter's Kindle.

Inspector Gadget is still a WIP that I've attempted to cast the head of to make the helicopter head and other such stuff swappable. Now I cant find the original on my disaster of a desk.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Years wrap up
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:44 pm 

These were too easy to not do.

Super Trooper Alpha and Bravo
All Marauder Task Force except the Duke head

Next gen soldier systems that are currently making the rounds with the GI Joe PR team, Sigma

I've got plans to flesh them out further and add more weapons and shields

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:08 pm 

The orphans were posted in a test post but I never filled in their story here

The orphans were the offshoot of the original Serpentor experiments. When the Cobra Civil War ended and the labs were raided, the government acquired the raw DNA that had been used to create the Cobra emperor. Scientists used that DNA and created clones. They were separated from one another and placed in typical American homes with caring, loving, and completely unaware adoptive parents.

Attila was the first to discover the secret. She dropped her adopted name and left home, searching for her lab family, hoping they could all decide the next steps together.

I created Attila just as an experiment of my own to give the Star Trek figure ball jointed hips. I accomplished that with Mega Block joints.

She discovered the troublemaker Hannibal and it took very little convincing for him to leave home.

I needed to update the comic pack new sculpt figure. Used a WWE build and brawl Edge for the head and Evil Dead two headed Ash lower legs. I tried to keep the skull shirt

Little Julius was the next to be found. The youngest orphan so far, but very shrewd.

I really like making odd sized figures. Completely based this off the Spy Kids figure that donated the head

Napoleon, or Leon, as he prefers has a short temper and is very moody

Star Wars Rose Tico base figure with boots from new sculpt figure and another Star Wars figure.

Ivan can be very brutal in his words and actions. Hes always felt out of place and fell right in with his new family.

This young Han Solo figure is quite undersized for a grown man and the Starlord helmet matched the pants too good not to put them together.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:33 pm 

Love the penny and brain!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:48 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

Great Post and nice work

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:35 am 

Some quick additions to my west coast anarchists, The Thug Bandits.

First up is Skelly. T crotch Cobra Commander head drilled to fit the new Corps female body. Liked the skull motif on the legs so I copied it to the hood. The sword is the hilt from Guillotine on a BAT sword.

BamBam is the TRU 3 pack Zartan with a Terra Viper head swap. Former corrections officer.

The Butcher is a Bucky/Winter Soldier with a modded Chap Mei head. I've got another one of those meat cleavers somewhere for him.ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:19 pm 

Happy discovery that Saw Guerra's skintone is close to Roadblock's. Not sure who he is or where he fits in yet, but I dig it.Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:20 pm 

i like him a lot. I need to track down one of those heads!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:00 pm 

Wonderful work on these.

The dry brushing on the kid's denim jacket looks perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:49 pm 

I went a really different direction with Raptor. I wanted to bring out the bookish accountant side of the character. The Vulture jetpack was my go to after I couldnt find a decent set feathered wings. The head is the blind master with a dr. Rex wig. Snake Eyes body, not sure the legs, and Indiana Jones Temple Guard feet.

The other guy I call Deacon. He is Major Bludds bodyguard. I originally used a build and brawl Batista head which had a better matching skintone but the face was posed in a yell. This one fit better for the character I wanted. I thought the skin was a good match until my camera flash proved otherwise. ImageImageImage

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])