Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: WIP - Machiko Noguchi-AvP comic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:41 am 

Base figure is a Baroness from the 25th line. I don't like how the sword is attached in the comic, it would be difficult to put on and take off. How I have it now is a simple peg-on as it was with the Snake Eyes figure it came off of...but I still don't like it, sits to high and gets in the way of the left arm.

I know the Rose head looks a little small, there's just not many Asian female heads out there to choose from, but I do have a Cho Chang that looks a little bigger that would work, I just have to sculpt some character specific hair on her, which I was hoping to avoid (Rose has the perfect hair!). I'll post a picture of that combo shortly and see what you all think. I also don't like using the baroness body.....makes her too tall for an Asian female, but again, there aren't many suitable sized bodies to use. I have a Jyn Erso body, but the armored vest looks huge on her, just swallows her up. I could probably cut it down and re-size it some, but again, I was hoping to avoid that much work. If only the baroness had been shorter, she would be perfect!

And in case anyone was wondering why there are two screws in there, that's to keep the harness in place, and once I dremel off the screw heads, I'm going to use the exposed "posts" to attach the mag pouches to.

I went to Hell and killed the devil, now I can't tell time.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: WIP - Machiko Noguchi-AvP comic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:47 am 

good to see you posting buddy :)

all the stuff you mention is right on t(hat head/legs) . what about one of the scarlet figures from modern era? i have a few if you want to see one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 pm 

Yeah, customizing has been a little slow lately. As for the Scarlett, what part do you think would work for this custom, the head, body, or both? I'd take a gander if you care to post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:50 pm 

Comparison picture

Figure on the left, Jyn Erso body, modified armored vest. Doesn't look all that bad, but clothes don't have that "tactical" look she has in the comic, but has correct height for country of origin. Rose head looks much better with it scale-wise.

Figure on right, Baroness with Cho Chang head, has nice tactical look to outfit, everything fits nicely, but probably too tall. Cho Chang head looks better with this one (held in place with putty) but needs changes to hair to make it look more accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:24 pm 

i took a bunch of pics and it will take me awhile to get them uploaded and edited. i'll send you a pm.

there are different rose heads too. i think the one you have is the smallest most child looking. i used it here
the 3 school girls here could all be asian i think.

i've been thinking about redoing my scar(scarlet) for my dogs of war team. switching her over to the smaller jyn erso. this is renegades scarlet torso i think. it looks exactly like what you want .i love this head though.

i grabbed these from an image search
i have both these
and this one

your side by side the figure on the right has serious giraffe neck. i think the legs and overall is just too long for that headsculpt. what about the 6" rose black series?

the pics i'm sending are multiple heads,figures, and vests.. some for trade and some just to help you see whats a good fit. also i'm not shipping anything for the foreseeable future. i'll elaborate on that in the pm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:04 am 

Yeah, the figure on the right in my last photo doesn't have the head resting completely on the neck/peg due to the hair. The only way to take the photo and keep the head in place while doing so was to stick it on using putty. I only wanted it there to show how it scaled better with that body than the Rose head.

Some of those Scarlett heads might work, but I'd have to rework the hair. That picture of the kids in the arcade....the tall girl towards the left in the Hogwarts uniform, where did that head come from?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:12 pm 

thats one of the the corps girls heads.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:57 pm 

Ahhh, I didn't recognize it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])