Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kwinn_Lives 2020 customs - Classic Duke added July 17
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:05 am 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

Nice work as always. The rifle really favors Ripper’s sans the blade.

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:22 am 

chad_ghost wrote:

I considered cutting the blade and scope off of Ripper's rifle, but I have like dozens of spare Snow Job rifles so that made the decision for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:02 pm 

Solid paintwork :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:46 am 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

Kwinn_Lives wrote:
chad_ghost wrote:

I considered cutting the blade and scope off of Ripper's rifle, but I have like dozens of spare Snow Job rifles so that made the decision for me.

Agreed

:ghost: Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures :mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

Be transformed at army4One.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:24 pm 

I've been watching your post the last few weeks. I honestly have to say that this Duke is my favorite so far. That might be because I've recently gained a hefty respect for the character. Great job rescuing a classic figure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:06 pm 

Greymalkin wrote:
I've been watching your post the last few weeks. I honestly have to say that this Duke is my favorite so far. That might be because I've recently gained a hefty respect for the character. Great job rescuing a classic figure.

Thanks! I'm really happy with how he turned out, he just has a classic, solid look to him.

Post subject: British Spec Ops 3-pack - Big Ben
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 pm 

Big Ben
British Special Air Service (SAS)

File Name: Bennet, David J.
Birthplace: Burford, ENG, UK
Service Branch: British Army
Rank (Grade): SSgt (E-7)
Primary MOS: Infantry Soldier
Secondary MOS: Paratrooper, Special Operations

The British SAS is roughly the equivalent of the American Special Forces and maintains an equally rigorous standard for its recruits. The combat records of the SAS personnel are classified, but it is assumed that Big Ben participated in the initial recon operations in the Falklands campaign and in various covert operations. He received his initial training at Bradbury Lines Barracks in Hereford and was on cadre at the NATO LRRP School in West Germany.

"To qualify for the SAS, a candidate trooper must complete the 'Long Drag' which is a forced march over 30 miles through marshes and rough, hilly terrain, carrying 50 pounds of equipment. The march must be completed in less than 20 hours and is a grueling test of endurance and land navigation. Big Ben completed his march in 12 hours, had a bit of supper and volunteered to go back out and help search for candidates who got lost in the moors..."

Head – Bullhorn (modified)
Arms – Thunder
Torso – Skidmark
Waist, lower legs – Gung-Ho
Upper legs – Rip Cord

Mask, submachine gun – Marauder Inc.
Backpack – Low-Light

Post subject: British Spec Ops 3-pack - Drop-Shot
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 pm 

Drop-Shot
British Special Observer

File Name: Davies, Rhys I.
Birthplace: Carmarthen, WAL, UK
Service Branch: British Army
Rank (Grade): Sgt (E-5)
Primary MOS: Surveillance and Target Acquisition Patrol
Secondary MOS: Gunner

The Royal Artillery's Special Observers work in small groups, well ahead of the main force (often in enemy territory) to provide detailed reconnaissance and acquire targets for artillery, attack aircraft or missile strikes. They work covertly, and are always at risk of enemy action against them. With training in combat medicine, navigation, communication, combat patrols and SERE (Survive, Escape, Resist and Extract), they are well-qualified to operate in enemy territory with little to no support.

“Drop-Shot was once on an exercise with other newly-qualified Special Observers. The Lieutenant explained that they had to remain concealed for two days, but had to remain within 500 metres of the camp. They were given a one-minute head start, and then the Lieutenant sent out his recon team to find them. Everyone but Drop-Shot was found within two hours; he was still out there at the end of the first day. The second day, a small team of SAS was sent out to aid in the search effort, but he still wasn't found. When he waltzed into camp the next morning, the Lieutenant tore a strip out of him, screaming that he must have violated the terms of the exercise, getting as far away as possible in order to avoid detection. In response, Drop-Shot respectfully recited exactly what the Lieutenant had had for dinner the past two days (kippers with a Scotch egg for afters, both days), and handed the officer the jar of Marmite that had vanished from the mess the previous morning.”

Head – Muskrat (modified)
Arms, torso, waist – Dial-Tone
Legs – Frostbite v3

Assault rifle – Marauder Inc.

Post subject: British Spec Ops 3-pack - Stake-Out
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:52 pm 

Stake-Out
British Special Boat Service (SBS)

File Name: Jones, Albert R.
Birthplace: Liverpool, ENG, UK
Service Branch: Royal Navy
Rank (Grade): Cpl (E-4)
Primary MOS: Marine Commando
Secondary MOS: Armourer, Special Operations

The son of a Liverpool dockworker, Stake-Out had a rough childhood and fell in with some very unsavoury types in his youth. Finally given the choice between military service and gaol, he joined the Royal Marines and blossomed under the order and structure of military training. He was a model sailor, became a Royal Marines Commando and was keen to volunteer for any further training he could have. He applied to the Special Boat Service, sister unit to the army's SAS, and flew through the training.

“The SBS has similar operational capabilities to the SAS – they undertake Surveillance Reconnaissance (SR), Offensive Action (OA), Support and Influence (SI) and Counter-Terrorism (CT) tasks. The selection process is identical. But as a naval special operations unit, the SBS also has additional training to operate in martime, riverine and amphibious situations. Stake-Out excels at all of it, and can always be counted on to follow his orders and accomplish his objectives.”

Head – Rip Cord
Arms – Snake Eyes v3
Torso – Cutter
Waist, legs – Dial-Tone

Goggles, battle rifle – Marauder Inc.

Image[

Post subject: Re: Kwinn_Lives 2020 customs - British Spec Ops team Aug 02
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:40 pm 

great little set!

Post subject: Re: Kwinn_Lives 2020 customs - British Spec Ops team Aug 02
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:04 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
great little set!

Thanks! So far I've done 3-packs for Canada, France and the UK. I have more planned for the future as well.

Post subject: Red Shadows Offcier
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:31 pm 

Red Shadow Officer
Red Shadows Infantry Officer

The New Sculpt version of the Crimson Guard seems more Red Shadow-y than Crimson Guard-y to me, due to the coat which is somewhat reminiscent of the original Red Shadow figure. So this figure gets a new head, lots of painted details and becomes a Red Shadows infantry officer. I also had to fix the feet so the figure would actually stand under its own power; as they were the figure would only fall backwards unless you pose it very awkwardly. I improvised a rank insignia to use on the helmet to mark him as an officer. The inspiration for this was the fact that I had already painted one Red Shadows insignia on the trooper's helmet, and really didn't want to have to do another one.

Head – Action Force Red Shadow (reproduction)
All other parts – Crimson Guard v7 (modified)

Submachine gun – fodder

Post subject: Red Shadow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:32 pm 

Red Shadow
Red Shadows Infantry

Here's a custom Red Shadows trooper. I wanted to use the Action Marine waist for the pouches, but also wanted the waist to show the bottom of a coat to reflect the original figure. Headman was perfect for that, since the coat lined up with the Cobra Officer torso, so I chopped off the front bit of the Action Marine part and replaced it with the front part of Headman's waist. The insignia on the helmet is hand-painted.

Head – Action Force Red Shadow (reproduction)
Arms, legs – Crimson Guard v3
Torso – Cobra Officer v3
Waist – Headman (front), Action Marine (back)

Assault rifle - fodder

Post subject: Iron Dagger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:32 pm 

Iron Dagger
Iron Grenadiers Sniper

The head for this figure was custom-sculpted as a sniper for the Iron Grenadiers, and finally got around to finishing the figure. The pieces were selected because they had similar elements to them. The torso isn't even GI Joe, but the chevrons on the chest match up with elements on the arm. I used Sci-Fi's legs since the power packs on his legs look like they could be .50 BMG magazines. Everything got coated in Model Master flat black acrylic paint, with details painted in the red and gold of the Iron Grenadiers.

Head – Custom sculpt by Krezz Radek
Arms – Ozone
Torso - Condor Strike (Power Commandos line)
Waist, legs – Sci-Fi

Anti-material rifle – Marauder Inc.

Post subject: Cobra Viper Officer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:33 pm 

Cobra Viper Officer
Infantry Officer

This custom began with a cast of the classic Viper head. Parts were selected to bear soe similarity to the original figure, but be distinct enough to clearly be something else; in this case, an infantry offficer. The colour-matching to the original Viper blue turned out very well, and the helmet is red instead of blue to emphasize the different position. The visor is chromed using Moltow liquid chrome.

Head – Viper (reproduction)
Arms – Viper
Torso – Bullhorn
Waist – Cobra Commander v5
Legs – Voltar

Backpack – Ripper v3
Carbine – Marauder Inc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])