Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kwinn_Lives 2020 customs - 4 bad guys added Aug 03
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:39 pm 

i like all those a lot! your clean style really shines with all the colors and details. the red shadows were something i never knew about until i saw some customs here, and even though i like modern style more and more these days i got to say these two are my favorite. all the reds build real depth and your black and white details pop right off the screen.

this is the first time i paid attention to that red shadow head. at first i was wondering if you could paint a face (robot face?) with glowing eyes in the rear and have it turn 360*. then i was thinking (if the round details line up with the eyes in front) what if you drilled all the way through and put in some fiber optic rods to light them up?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
at first i was wondering if you could paint a face (robot face?) with glowing eyes in the rear and have it turn 360*. then i was thinking (if the round details line up with the eyes in front) what if you drilled all the way through and put in some fiber optic rods to light them up?

Interesting question. I did notice the face-like appearance of the back when I painted those little dots.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Wow, I love Cachette and Drop-Shot.
The recipe for Cachette works so well with that head, torso and scarf combined! Very cool, he'd get a lot of play action if I had him as a kid.
What has been modified on Drop-Shot's head? I cannot discover it......

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:35 pm 

Tim 121RVC wrote:
What has been modified on Drop-Shot's head? I cannot discover it......

It's the hat. The top of the original hat flares out a fair bit, and I trimmed it down.

Post subject: Spearhead
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:02 pm 

Spearhead
Point Man

Spearhead's sculpt is great, and his body parts are always useful for customizers. But the figure as originally released has three issues: (1) a paucity of paint apps, (2) the colour of his camouflage, and (3) his rifle. This custom addresses these three issues. His camo is now appropriate for a desert setting, and lots of extra details are now painted. I chopped his rifle up to remove the nonsensical second magazine, and replaced the plastic sling with one made of hockey tape. So now it looks like a plausible assault rifle. Max also gets a complete paint job.

All parts and accessories – Spearhead (rifle is modified)

Post subject: Serpentor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:02 pm 

Serpentor
Cobra Emperor

With a custom-sculpted Serpentor head in hand, I needed to piece a body together for the Cobra emperor. Parts (and accessories) were selected to make it very clear that he really, really likes snakes, to the point where everyone is like “okay, we get it, you really like snakes.” Model Master flat black acrylic (with which I have a torrid love affair) is the base colour, and green and gold are used for the details and accents as a nod to the original figure.

Head – Custom-sculpted by Krexx Radek
Arms – Serpentor v3
Torso – Cesspool
Waist, legs – Tomax

Blade – unknown
Shield – Tunnel Rat v4

Post subject: Monkeywrench
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 pm 

Monkeywrench
Dreadnok Bomber

This custom is part of a project to give all of the Dreadnoks an update to their appearance; not because the originals don't look good, but just to take a fresh look at them. He gets new arms so he can be wearing a t-shirt under his vest. The colouration is more muted that the original, and more militaristic. His sunglasses are chromed, and of course Model Master flat black acrylic paint makes an appearance because I can't help myself.

Head, torso, waist, legs – Monkeywrench
Arms - Salvo

Grenade launcher – Marauder Inc.

Post subject: Re: Kwinn_Lives 2020 customs - 3 more added August 5
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:18 pm 

solid versions for all 3. serps could use a cape or hooded robe to be more over the top.

Post subject: Brazilian 3-Pack
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 am 

Pegasus
Brazilian Airborne Rescue

Pegasus is part of a 3-pack of Brazilian special operations figures, following on the Canadian, French, and British teams produced already. The name is taken from a Brazilian version of Cross-Country released in the early 90s. He serves with the “Para-SAR” squadron of the Brazilian Air Force, a spec ops search and rescue unit. He's a trained paratrooper and master skydiver with expertise in recovery diving, mountaineering, jungle survival, first aid, and pathfinder functions. Bombstrike's civilian-issue H&K USC carbine is modified to look more like a military-issue UMP. The previous sets focused more on realistic outfitting for the figures, but this can result in repetition so this trio is more unique.

File Name: Pereyra, Afonso
Birthplace: Salvador, BRA
Service Branch: Air Force
Grade: Primeiro-Sargento (E-7 equivalent)
Primary MOS: Combat Search & Rescue
Secondary MOS: Pathfinder, Jumpmaster

Head – Crankcase (modified)
Arms – Heavy Metal
Torso – Law (modified)
Waist, upper legs – Blocker
Lower legs – Leatherneck v3

Submachine gun – Bombstrike (modified)
Boonie hat – Marauder Inc.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 am 

Sparta
Brazilian Counterintelligence

This is Sparta. She's part of a 3-pack of Brazilian special operations figures, following on the Canadian, French, and British teams produced already. Based on an existing character (a Brazilian version of Cover Girl), she's an expert in undercover counterintelligence operations, serving with the 1st Special Forces Battalion of the Brazilian Army. The previous sets focused more on realistic outfitting for the figures, but this can result in repetition so this trio is more unique.

File Name: Cortez, Brigid
Birthplace: Sao Paulo, BRA
Service Branch: Army
Grade: Segundo-Sargento (E-6 equivalent)
Primary MOS: Counterintelligence
Secondary MOS: Small Arms Armourer

Head – Mortal Kombat Sonya Blade (modified)
Torso – Lady Jaye
Arms – Duke v22
Waist – Sgt. Bazooka v2
Legs – Snake-Eyes v18

Carbine – Bombstrike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:31 am 

Triton
Brazilian Combat Diver

Triton is part of a 3-pack of Brazilian special operations figures, following on the Canadian, French, and British teams produced already. The name is taken from a Brazilian version of Stalker released in the early 80s. He serves with GRUMEC, the special operations combat diving unit of the Brazilian Navy. They are similar in function to US Navy SEALs or British SBS, infiltrating coastal or riverine environments to perform recon, sabotage and other special missions. The previous sets focused more on realistic outfitting for the figures, but this can result in repetition so this trio is more unique. I have no no idea where his rifle came from but it's totally kitted out and awesome.

File Name: Rossi, Mateus
Birthplace: Porto Alegre, BRA
Service Branch: Navy
Grade: Suboficial Fuzileiro Naval (E-9 equivalent)
Primary MOS: Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Secondary MOS: Combat Diver, Paratrooper

Head – Sneak-Peek (modified)
Arms – Psyche-Out
Torso – Tele-Viper
Waist – Leatherneck
Legs – Sgt. Stalker v5

Assault rifle – unknown
Shemagh – Marauder Inc.

Post subject: Re: Kwinn_Lives 2020 customs - Brazilian 3-Pack added Aug 08
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:41 pm 

these look great! they go together well with all the colors similar, but not just monotone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:32 pm 

Great work as always

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:20 pm 

Amazing.

How is it that no one has ever paired the Tele-Viper chest/back with the Psyche Out arms before? Brilliant!

Post subject: Fusillade
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 pm 

Fusillade
Machine Gunner

Here's something new for me: an updated version of a character introduced in the early 2000s “Real American Hero Collection” era of ARAH-style figures. Crossfire was released in 2001, but of course there was already a Crossfire in the Joe line – a vehicle released 14 years previously. So his name is changed to Fusillade, keeping something of the same tone. I replaced the original legs with something else, since Dial-Tone's legs are a bit on the slim side.

Head, arms, torso – Crossfire
Waist, legs - Leatherneck

Machine gun – Marauder Inc.
Helmet – Duke v8

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])