Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: 2021 AVE Customs #36? and counting, A Major Award!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:14 pm 

After I updated Slaughter, his team of Marauders looked woefully undersized and outdated.

First up was Rock & Roll. I've been wanting to use the Lanard torso from the Rampage line for something and this was perfect for it. I modded a VvV "skirt" crotch with green stuff to mate with the torso. I trimmed the belt detail and extended the shirt tail on the torso. Corps feet on Cobra Commander legs with some cover up green stuff give the big man a sold base. The head is a Chap Mei pirate with a Marauder Inc. hat.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #1 Rock & Roll
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:32 pm 

TARGAT, Destro's low orbit paratrooper.

Fortnite Visitor repaint and a Matchbox jet for his jump pack. The blue and the mask are untouched by me.ImageImage

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #1 Rock & Roll and #2 TARGAT
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:22 pm 

both look good! that R-N-R is a brute! i really like the fn guy and that jetpack!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:48 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

dude - you need to make an 'Old Man RnR' using that Fortnite Jonesy guy with the floor-length beard!

just sayin.

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #1 Rock & Roll
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:18 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

alleyviperelite wrote:
Fortnite Visitor repaint and a Matchbox jet for his jump pack

Oh, very smart move!
I like this creative kind of thinking, but now I have to go through all those Matchbox planes which could serve as a jump pack...... :like:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:51 am 

2DARK2C wrote:
both look good! that R-N-R is a brute! i really like the fn guy and that jetpack!

Thanks, I always thought of RnR as one of those stocky guys that the GI Joe standard figures could never get right.

joemichaels70 wrote:
dude - you need to make an 'Old Man RnR' using that Fortnite Jonesy guy with the floor-length beard!

just sayin.

I mean, I wasn't planning to but now if I ever see that guy on the peg, I just might do it.

Tim 121RVC wrote:
alleyviperelite wrote:
Fortnite Visitor repaint and a Matchbox jet for his jump pack

Oh, very smart move!
I like this creative kind of thinking, but now I have to go through all those Matchbox planes which could serve as a jump pack...... :like:

I first used airplanes for jetpacks when I made Ace McCloud a couple years ago. Those I picked up in 2 packs at Dollar Tree. Those are great because they are so cheap and lightweight. This one came from a yard sale. This is the real Matchbox brand though and made of metal. It's a bit heavy and the figure needs support to stand while wearing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 pm 

Since I updated Sarge and Rock n Roll, I may as well keep on with my Slaughter's Marauders team.

Taurus needed a major size increase over my original attempt. The Heavy Duty base started out as Outback but never felt right. For Taurus it seemed perfect but the arms were a bit long and threw the figure out of proportion. Newsculpt Grunt lower arms fixed that. The Lanard Rampage Rock legs gave the bulk that I couldn't get out of GI Joe legs and paired with some random Corps lowers were perfect. The head is a Bobby Lashley head from the Build and Brawl line I've had floating in my parts box for a while. Gave him a beard and bushy eyebrows. The web gear is glued to the upper torso so the articulation is still present but hidden.

Compared to my old one:

Prepaint:

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #3 Taurus
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 pm 

Valkyrie was an attempt years ago to make a muscular woman from the comic pack Baroness torso and head meshed with newsculpt parts. It got reworked once to remove the Baroness details. So this is the third try at my original character, the Slaughter's Marauders sniper, Valkyrie.

I have a plethora of those Corps female sculpts so I started with that. The legs are too long and the arms too skinny. Newsculpt Bazooka legs and 25th Dreadnok arms solved those two Redfield. Added a shirt neckline under the armor for a little modesty. The head is a Star Wars head, I think, but the whole was too large and needed to be filled in and redrilled.

Comparison to V2:

Prepaint:

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #3 Taurus & #4 Valkyrie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 am 

awesome work! i especially like the sculpting on taurus. the lady steels the show though!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 am 

Really great work on these. Fantastic. Good job using that Corps torso. I have several of them and haven't done anything with them but this gives me ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:31 pm 

Not a major custom, really just more of an added articulation experiment. My wife picked up the comic pack Amani warrior at a yard sale because I have a great wife and she knows my eclectic tastes.

Sadly the figure had no elbow, side hip, or knee articulation. I first set out to fix the elbows because I've done that in the past. Not a huge ordeal. Next I chopped the legs and carved in some GI Joe style hinge points at the knees and mounted on Spytroops Wild Bill thighs. Then I had to carve into the figure's hip area to set the joe legs into the body. Then I simply drilled and glued two separate t-bars into the body to mount the legs. Green stuff filled the gaps and I paint matched as best as possible. I would like some neck articulation but I don't think that's possible without screwing up the aesthetics of the great sculpt.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #5 Amani Warrior articulated
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:19 pm 

i don't know the character, but it looks great! your work is very impressive, i would of guessed it was factory.

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #6 The White Clown
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:06 am 

This is not the original White Clown of course. Just another that goes by the name and fills the same role.ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:25 am 

The mods on that SW figure are excellent. I would never have guessed it was a custom your mods are so well done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:06 pm 

i know it wasn't on purpose, but the white clown kind of looks like the king of pop :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])