Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #6 The White Clown
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:09 pm 

I was commissioned to print a 1/18th version of this meme fodder so I jumped at the opportunity. I finally succeeded on my third try with model positioning, scaling, and proper supports.

This guy was my first attempt and was pretty good except he was slightly larger than I wanted and he was missing one foot totally.

Welcome to the world of resin printing.

But not one to waste a mostly good print, I decided to give him a robot foot for fun but then I came across these newsculpt Snow Serpent feet. They have always reminded me of bedroom shoes and this was the perfect time to use them. Took some artistic liberties with the one exposed sock as well.

Unfortunately I broke his glasses as I was removing supports. I've been working on replacements but had to take a break from the frustration.

I need to paint the chair too but that is a separate model and didn't occur to me until I was ready for this picture.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #7 The Inauguration Meme
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:49 pm 

Cobra Commander III is a head swapped Fortnite guy.

Woman, as I'm calling her for now, is a Retro Baroness with 25th Scarlett gloves and a Black Widow head.

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #8 & #9 1997 TRU Cobra Command Team
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:46 pm 

Did you intentionally give her Louboutin shoes? They're designer shoes with a red sole, and I only know that and notice them because when I was retouching photos professionally I had to make sure I fixed any scuffs showing on those heels because it was always very important to the person in the photo that everyone see their designer shoes and know they were Louboutins.

All of that just to say that little detail gives the figure a ton of characterisation to me. She strikes me as posh/superficial but in a western/American way compared to Baroness's european aristocracity.

Diamondback could be a good snake themed name if you're not already using it.

Vogue, Glamour, Vision, Allure... Something that speaks to oppulance and sophisticatation, or at least pretending at sophisticatation. Basically any fashion magazine title...

Mystique if you're okay with borrowing recognizable comic names.

Sapphire or Topaz combines wealth (gemstones) and Cobra's signature color.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:47 pm 

Also, she looks awesome. The CC has a strong Sigma Six vibe that I like.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:23 pm 

DanOfTheDead wrote:
Did you intentionally give her Louboutin shoes? They're designer shoes with a red sole, and I only know that and notice them because when I was retouching photos professionally I had to make sure I fixed any scuffs showing on those heels because it was always very important to the person in the photo that everyone see their designer shoes and know they were Louboutins.

All of that just to say that little detail gives the figure a ton of characterisation to me. She strikes me as posh/superficial but in a western/American way compared to Baroness's european aristocracity.

Vogue, Glamour, Vision, Allure... Something that speaks to oppulance and sophisticatation, or at least pretending at sophisticatation. Basically any fashion magazine title...

Yes and no on the shoes. I intentionally painted the red soles and its one of my favorite details of her. I wanted to bring some red into her lower half but the boots have very little sculpted features. I had noticed some ladies high heels with the red sole but I had no idea it was a brand specific trademark.

And I love the characterization you gave to her as the western version of Baroness. She is Billy's version of his father's advisor and I can see him trying to one up his old man. I really like the direction of the name selection and Charisma is listed as a synonym for Allure and just rolls off the tongue easier.

charisma
[ kuh-riz-muh ]

---a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.

---the special virtue of an office, function, position, etc., that confers or is thought to confer on the person holding it an unusual ability for leadership, worthiness of veneration, or the like.

Thanks for the kind words and the help on her personality and name!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:13 pm 

i like both of those as a re imagining or next generation cobra. the fn bodies are too bulky for the classic masked cc, but i could see him wearing padded armor in this battle uniform version too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:56 pm 

alleyviperelite wrote:
DanOfTheDead wrote:

Yes and no on the shoes. I intentionally painted the red soles and its one of my favorite details of her. I wanted to bring some red into her lower half but the boots have very little sculpted features. I had noticed some ladies high heels with the red sole but I had no idea it was a brand specific trademark.

And I love the characterization you gave to her as the western version of Baroness. She is Billy's version of his father's advisor and I can see him trying to one up his old man. I really like the direction of the name selection and Charisma is listed as a synonym for Allure and just rolls off the tongue easier.

charisma
[ kuh-riz-muh ]

---a spiritual power or personal quality that gives an individual influence or authority over large numbers of people.

---the special virtue of an office, function, position, etc., that confers or is thought to confer on the person holding it an unusual ability for leadership, worthiness of veneration, or the like.

Thanks for the kind words and the help on her personality and name!

Charisma works, glad I could help brainstorm!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:56 pm 

Finished off the 97 Cobra Command set with a Destro based new character.

Peter Diamond aka Petey D had a lucrative career operating in the seedy underbelly of Las Vegas. He turned hundreds into thousands and thousands into millions until the bosses got tired of his flashy ways. He found refuge in one of his customers, Darklon who then introduced him to William Kessler, Cobra Commander III. Kessler gave him a job as Cobra's Profit Director and charged him with maintaining a positive cash flow to fund Cobra's rebirth.

On my list of figures to reproduce the PDD was very low. To me the only draw of the figure was its long fabled existence. But the new 6 inch "Profit Director" really was cool looking with the cape. I figured if I was going to make a figure based on the 97 design I would do the PDD version and try to explain the unique wardrobe. But I tried to keep the more outlandish aspects as removable so that he could still look respectable in his burgundy body suit and red patent leather accessories.

Anyways the reimagined 3 pack:

And with Darklon as the new hierarchy takes shape. Also present are Kessler's bodyguards Ophelia and Magnus.

Post subject: Re: 2021 AVE Customs #10 Profit Director to finish the 97 TR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:24 am 

more coolness! that not destro would look good with the suicide squad jokers head! darklon and ophelia both intrigue me. please tell me you can 3d print that cobra shield!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:33 pm 
Plug
Plug

Great, great, great use of that coat as a cape. That ties the whole lookk together.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:11 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
more coolness! that not destro would look good with the suicide squad jokers head! darklon and ophelia both intrigue me. please tell me you can 3d print that cobra shield!

Was there a 3 3/4 Joker from Suicide Squad?

Ophelia is just a quick kitbash of a Snake Eyes head on a Movie Baroness with Crimson Shadow Guard legs.

Darklon is one of my favorite characters because of the memories attached to receiving the original figure. This is my 3rd or 4th attempt at Darklon. The Scottish belt is my favorite detail on him.

The shield is one of the Spytroops era Cobra shields glued to some rando shield. Don't think I can print it but maybe I will cast it when the weather gets a little warmer. I like to be outside when I get to mixing that rubber and resin.

pluv wrote:
Great, great, great use of that coat as a cape. That ties the whole lookk together.

Thanks! Great eye for recognizing the cape. I've had that coat lying around for years and I really wanted to put it to use but it was very constricting in it's design. Trimming the side panels and splitting the front made it a fun accessory. Like I said, Hasbro knocked it out of the park with their 6 inch Profit Director Destro and for me I think the cape was the defining component.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:46 pm 

funko made one i think. rambo painted a early duke head like ss joker and it looked great.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:24 am 
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast

PDD is freakin fantastic.

Team Red Lazer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:42 pm 

Really cool re-imagining that set as we mostly new characters.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:05 pm 

Thanks for the kindness towards my pimp..

A long time ago I made a newsculpt update of Ninja Force Zartan and called him Zeke, a foil to Zanya. He became Zartan's bastard son who ran a small time biker gang called The IronKlad. The IronKlad were ninjafied versions of the Dreadnoks. The IronKlad were used by Zarana in her feud with Zartan. The Uncivil War came to an end and the Dreadnoks and IronKlad were unified.

Now on to this one. I realized my Ninja Force Dreadnoks were missing the Z siblings. This is my idea of Zarana as a ninja and I've named her Xena, Zeke's sister by another mister.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])