Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2DARK2 ZERO TWENTY ONE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:12 pm 

thanks tim! spectre gets all my cool wings :) so these will have to do! i really want them to fold behind him so too much bigger and that won't work.

thanks jm70 it was just a hmm moment cutting on one of those sw guards hoods.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:15 pm 

I really like Warduke although I know nothing about what a Warduke is. The executioner is all kinds of nice too

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:08 am 

thanks!

instead of tackling one of my many wips i started a new one! the lanard xenos are really well put together and come apart easily with hot water. i did hit trouble bashing in these godzilla critter wings. they are so heavy that the xeno arms at the shoulder wouldn't hold. first i tried repining them with plastic and making them tighter. it helped but not for long. i tried heat shrink, steel wire, lots of cussing. so i ended up using screws for "pins" and the crimp end of a "stake on" over the shoulder peg to get a better grab. i got a few wip pics to show what i'm talkin bout.
stays put so far!
it is mostly lanard with the godzilla wings and feet. i also used a random spawn arm joint for a neck and liberated monster high tail. i plan to add some "flap" under the arm bits some how. i have the bits of wing left and may use them there.
i allready made a smaller flying xeno out of mega scale bits and called it a "xeno hawk". this larger one needs a name and i was thinking Pterodactyl xeno mash up. "terror xeno" doesn't do it for me. back to "hawk" i thought what about condor, eagle. nope. terror bird, thunder bird? what about mythology? i dub thee HARPY XENO.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:37 am 

the other night after i made wardukes dagger i thought i should keep rolling and try to make draxes blades again. i made a couple back when i was finishing up my gotg set, but they were awful looking. here with one of those awful blades.

a matched pair is even harder to make than usual, and like i said before they are way harder to make at home vs. a shop with lots of fun tools. these don't match perfectly but are pretty close in silhouette. the grinds and bevels are what throws them off.

the blades and space lords guns were the things keeping me from getting them done and my final pics.
first shot of the set. more to come.

this only looks cool zoomed in on a large screen. or possibly it only looks good at 3:30 in the morning :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:28 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

those Guardians are frickin' AWESOME

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:43 pm 

thanks jm70! i don't know a lot of the marvel verse and only saw one of the gotg movies so i looked at a lot of customs and images for inspiration. if spec would of taken the rocket and starlord game pieces i never would of got the itch. this place has a way of making me build things i never thought i would! i wanted these in the gallery for this jca. but not without draxes knives.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:57 pm 

a couple more pics. i have a ton i'm working through so these might not be the final ones.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:52 am 
Thomas from Missourri

Love getting a look at your Guardians whenever I can, but that flying Alien is amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:31 pm 

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:12 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

That Groot is terrifying---in a good way!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:29 pm 

Thanks! In my verse the guardians were going to have an earth or near earth "western" theme. Groot is an ancient spirit trapped in a wooden indian who transforms into this. Chief big root fine to tobacco. "I AM BIG ROOT" :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:56 am 

i got these shots of my motu experimentation a few weeks ago. still playing with what to run with.
heman heads

possible up sized heman and skelly. i tore up several rubber hoods before i made this soft goods one.

skeletor with "the beast" and my dragon rider beastman. a bigger beastman might be the answer, or just use the green guy for that spot.

bigger heman means man at arms is way too small.

prince adam?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:52 am 

That Ken head is a great fit on that Marvel? body. That would be my pick for He-man.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:29 pm 

thanks! that is the marvel executioner from a 2 pack. they are all over ebay for cheap right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:01 am 

2DARK2C wrote:
trying out one of my greys on a rose tico. i like the size much better. calling him/it roger.

i stayed up into the early morning making a better dagger for warduke. it is the first knife i've made at home that i like. it isn't as precise as my other blades ,but it is good enough. i used a nail that i rolled out back when i had access to a rolling mill.

with the first dagger i made him. filtered to better show details.
i also reworked the spikes on his leg armor for better articulation. they were stuck in holes i drilled in his calf. now the heads of the nails are holdin the spikes from the inside.

everything on this guy is just pressed/pinned together so far. trying to sort out his wings. the base will need some sort of skirt or robes. his horn is the tail of a rubber salamander with some strait pins inserted to hold shape. filtered/darkened to better show details that got washed out.
winged pimp.

Biggest takeaways from this are the Warduke and the "Winged Pimp". Like that you used a pin to keep the horn straight. Did a similar thing with one of my customs. That Warduke is my favourite though. Something about that design.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])