Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beta Ray Bill's predator form
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:21 pm 
HATES Mattel

As the demons screamed across his homeworld's sky the Korbin people initiated a program to engineer protectors as they planned to flee their galaxy burned. One project in this program selected animals as the 'chassis' upon which a Korbin citizen would be upgraded to super-powered protector. The desert predator known as a 'betaray' (pr. buh-TAR-ay) was selected due to the female's powerful musculature and overall savagery.

As the process involved the elimination of the citizen's entire body cell-layer by cell-layer to preserve his/her nervous system, most died from the horrific trauma. Indeed, as the process required the subject to remain awake for proper mapping most of the survivors were driven insane.

However, a citizen known as Bill survived the delamination process, and the subsequent rebuilding process as mechano-genetically upgraded betaray cells were laid down to build a unique battle chassis. Although the source betaray was female the upgraded chassis has a unique tripartite genome incorporating the betaray, citizen Bill, and purpose-written code for the biomechanical upgrades. He's left with his original male genes as a courtesy.

In time though a tale best told elsewhere, this Betaray Bill came to be empowered by magicks of the Norse god Odin and granted a mystic weapon known as the Stormbreaker. One enchantment of the hammer enabled Bill to transform his superhuman form back into his long-destroyed Korbin form - and all the other forms involved in his protector state. Although the situations in which his source predator betaray form is useful are few and far between; Bill does occasionally need a body suited for evading detection as a superpowered being and which his civilian Korbin form is less capable of performing.

As an ambush predator in the high deserts of Korbin, the betaray is best thought of as a 'vulture monkey' leaping down from dry cliffsides upon far larger prey and clawing them to death. The unique 'withered' head evolved to minimize bacterial infection when shoved into the rotting carcasses of their prey.

The betaray here is built off the MU Colossus body with MU Beta Ray Bill's head and the paws and back splines of the Attack of the Clones Nexu 'cat'.
https://m.facebook.com/james.gouldsmith ... 628304428/

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Beta Ray Bill's predator form
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 pm 
Plug
Plug

Now that's a mash up I cna get behind. Very cool.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:39 pm 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's inspirational and an excellent multiuse body type.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:55 pm 

Crazy! I dig him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:19 pm 

Very cool use of the nexu parts. I've got one for the head but I'm going to have to remember how good the paws and claws look transplanted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:26 am 
HATES Mattel

Gracias, gents. It should be obvious by looking at him but I forgot to mention I swapped Piotr's calves and forearms to get the animalistic proportions. It's been so long since I did the surgery I've completely forgotten what parts I threw in to get him the hinged ankles but they're probably PlayMates Trek parts, either the ankles or knees.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])