Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Minotroll WIP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:30 pm 

I used an old Duke Nukem pigcop for a pair of large hooves, but those are way too cost prohibitive now I think.

There was a "Yoda on Kybuck" figure (https://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=1717&img=1) that I've used for large hooves, but again, don't know how easily those Kybucks are found on the secondary market and they'd need to be spliced with an existing foot for a proper joint.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:42 am 

I tried to articulate one of the Narnia Minotaurs years ago and ended up with a bunch of parts. This is brilliant and now I need to seek out another one of those Marvel figs you used as a base.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:10 pm 

Ooooooohhhh . I always appreciate seeing monsters , mutants , beasts and robots in any scale. I could use something like this in my collection.

The orange figure that comes with the monster truck crossed my eyeballs recently. I may go back to Amazon (?) and pick one up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:42 pm 

I've been letting this one marinate for a bit while I decided what direction to continue in. In that time I received my AWOKs deluxe figures and I'm going to try to swap out the hands on this guy with one of the extra sets from one of the deluxe AWOK figures. I'd love to use the hoof feet from one of the AWOKs but they are too small to work with the thick legs of this base figure. Which is fine as I like the troll-ish look of the base figures feet. I'm skipping the tail as well. It just doesn't fit with the vision I have for him though I appreciate all the suggestions and help.

I have a 3 day weekend so I'm going to try to get the additional hair/fur sculpted on the back and hopefully make the AWOKs hands work. Pictures as they develop.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm 

Added a hump and some back fur to this guy. Still a little fine detail sculpting to do but for the most part its done. I'm going to stick with these fists as the AWOK hands have a tiny wrist peg in comparison to the base figure. I just need to dig out my BFS Greek fodder for the belt/skirt and then I can paint.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:08 pm 

Nice sculpt work! Should of posted it on Wednesday :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:19 pm 

That looks great. Those fists look cool or it. The brass knuckle part makes sense for a bull to have as it smashed the crap out of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])