Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: 2DARK 2022
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:40 pm 

last year was all over the place. i think it was the first year i didn't get any customs into the gallery since i started making customs. so most of the unfinished stuff i posted will get updates here. if you are interested here is a link to my 2021 thred.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=48138

i'm finally bashing on my lanard aliens. adding some revoltech? style joints i've had for many years. they came on a spru in 3 parts that when assembled make a ball joint with two posts. i need to find some more! the big guy here is pieces from 2 alien figures. his neck is the lower waist of another and tail is 2 spliced together. i still might grind on him some, but i want to keep him lanky. when done he will be painted gloss black.

i'm also bashing on my 2nd hiya robocop. i'm using the same type joints as in the alien plus some metal pieces from some keychains. i'm also using fn lower arms and hands. still need to figure some things out, but i'm digging his height.

i rebuilt both my wizards. the dark wizard is on a pop base with cc forearms and unknown hands. my red wizard is now more of a druid and is also on a pop base with sw arms, ij lower legs, bnb hands, and zartan hood. fun fact: both the pop figures came from livevil ,but over a year apart!

my old dark wizard base will be reused as an angel when i find the right wings. thinking it will be painted like statuary and mounted on a pedestal.

this is kind of a resto-mod. something i wouldn't normally do, but i'm thinking i'll put him in my 4sale stuff with other b-n-b items and as he was put together didn't look quite right for a wrestler. i swapped ij feet in where he had boots, some shorter gloved hands, and a marvel rage? head. the bare ankles and logo on his pants were painted over black, but while boil/popping him it started coming off so i scrubbed it back to factory paint.

thanks for looking! i'd love to hear what you think about what i have going.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 2DARK 2022
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:23 pm 

More great stuff as always. Love that Alien. I have two that I simply paint with black spray and man now I want to add joints to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:14 pm 

thanks! if i can get some more joints i want to do one of the dog aliens next.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:30 pm 

Great job adding joints to the alien. I've been wanting to do something about Robocops height so I'm interested to see how it turns out. Absolutely love the wizards. Great job all around.

Hoping to see continued progress on your He-Man customs this year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:51 pm 

i really appreciate it! on robocop i need to figure out how to secure the new shoulder joints to his arms. you can see i drilled out the circular shoulder details and have a peg of the joint coming out. i tried to use a lighter and melt the post into a rivet, but these joints won't "melt" like other plastic. a blind pin or some kind of glued on nut will have to be made. all the other connection points are just jammed in drilled out holes so i can tighten them up easily with heatshrink.

i'm also going to try and hollow out the metallic forearms to try and use them over the fn forearms. lastly bigger robo needs a bigger gun so i will need to find something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:16 pm 
JC Podcaster

Great work as always!

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:39 pm 

thanks spec!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

2DARK2C wrote:

"Hey, look at me dancing!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:21 pm 

:) could be a 1/1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:27 pm 

i've been struggling to get some creative mojo for a bit now. i pieced these fantasy dio pieces together mostly from my "get rid of" stuff, that's how it usually goes.
i also started a new dragon queen, dragon knight, and an lbc ancient dragon dark majik wizard
throne w/destro

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 am 

That is fantastic! Keep it going! For a "get rid of" set, it's sure detailed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:00 pm 

thanks 8bitboy!

the "stacked wing" looking pieces are from multiple techno dragons that i made my dragon mounts from. they are some gnarly little wings ,and i had already snipped off all the best spiky bits. they went from my dragon box, to my scrap box, to my free box, then into my pre-trash. while going through my trash box i got the idea to stack them. i have a system.......

the throne is 2 claws and 2 wings from giant/old megablox dragons. i used the same wings for tail rudders on my dragons. base is from a game piece that was on it's way to "pre trash". the only good piece was the skull totem thing. it must be some deco ftom a mcfarlane type figure?

i picked up the 2 giant horns from a halloween clearance a couple years ago. they were on a band to wear as 1/1 horns, and are hollow thin vinyl. they were also on their way to the bin until i thought of adding them to the skylander bases.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:50 pm 

i guess i throw this guy in here since i think he will be in my motu subverse.
with 200x panthor
i'm going to try and mod him into a skelo-panthor mount
ImageImage

i've had this "shadow?" bike for years. i was thinking it would be for judge dredd, but i don't know now. my heman stunt double looks pretty good on it.
ImageImage

i swapped my lesser wizards around some. here are all my wizards and magic practicers.
this guy was an lbc serpent king, but i swapped in a new torso and head. now he is a young apprentice.
ImageImage
with his master, the dark lord serpent lbc
w/destro for size
i want to make this a harry potter for my oldest grand, but need to mod or find a better head.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:30 am 

My biggest takeaway from this set are the wizards. I like the bearded wizard the most with Zartan's hoodie. They look so incredible! I was thinking the bike could be a Star Wars item or a modified MOTU item. I don't remember but did they ever have a bike vehicle accessory?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:04 am 

Still teasing the MOTU customs. Can't wait to see your final customs of all of them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])