Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:16 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #4 revisited, The Obelisk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:18 pm 
JC Podcaster

Those are very cool! I would be happy just to have a plain solid one of those in a diorama, but the translucent ones take it up a bunch of notches :)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:36 pm 

that's awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:59 pm 

Wow! Those are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:25 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion from Pluv and Chief on painting around the glyphs and thanks to everyone for the comments. The design itself is from Loot Studios. This is from the Buried Tomb collection. Its made for 32mm tabletop gaming but everything scales up nicely without losing detail.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:25 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

oh heck yeah!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:45 pm 

I too picked up the white suited four pack on Amazon recently. A quick head swap on three of them added to the ranks of my Yakuza who imposed themselves on Storm Shadow's new Arashikage family and allowed the red ninja clan, Reddokuran, to takeover. Storm Shadow and his pupils are now held hostage in the family compound, forced to do the bidding of Seigh-Tin and his lieutenants.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #6 The Japanese Mafia
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:10 pm 

nice head choices!

eta:
i just took that same corps head in the center off a rumbler wip. mine had "war paint". i mention it because i added the long braid from a sw figure, and that would look cool on yours.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:43 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
nice head choices!

eta:
i just took that same corps head in the center off a rumbler wip. mine had "war paint". i mention it because i added the long braid from a sw figure, and that would look cool on yours.

Thanks for the idea, I actually tried my hand with casting again a couple years ago and this was one I tried. I have several "failed" versions with different hairstyles since the ponytail was the usual failure point.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:47 pm 

A simple repaint that got out of hand...

Picked up the Penguin figure cause I'm a suckered for 1/18th figures that don't fit the standard buck. Thought about making Kingpin but decided to go with Big Boss from COPS and CROOKS. Swapped in some Spytroops Shipwreck hands and a swappable Gundam hand for the iron fist.

Might as well make the whole crew since Big Boss don't work for nobody. Buttons McBoom started as a Cobra Commander that was missing a hand. New hands and legs from a movie CC. He gets a Senator Palpantine head to give him some seniority with the crew and a kit bashed hat using a failed cast hat and a Marauder hat. I have no idea how to make the torso guns work so I went with dual Thompsons.

Dr. Badvibes was a pretty easy custom. I chose to go with a bit saner looking head instead of the wild hair and exposed brain dome.

With Dr. Badvibes, I had to make a Buzzbomb. Used a Justice League Brainiac and gave him arms from BATS and Battle Droids, and legs from Final Faction.

He gets a couple partners in crime in WALDO, cobbled together from a Super Battle Droid and Gundam legs for added articulation.

BENNY is a flying bot specializing in breaking and entering. Star Wars Droid and a Dollar Tree head.

Turbo TuTone is a RoadRock, Destro, and Viper with a modded Coros head.

Crusher is an old school breaking and entering guy. Used a Sandman with Corps arms grafted to Chap Mei. A Corps head with a Marauder hat. The shirt is greenstuff and a VvV Dusty "skirt"

Berzerko is Big Boss' idiot nephew and was the biggest pain in this project. Road Pig head, Heavy Duty torso, Corps arms, Chap Mei hands, Barrel Roll and Tunnel Rat legs.

Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #7 -16 The CROOKS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:24 pm 

These all look excellent!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:55 pm 

they look so cool together! i really dig mcboom. slight color tweak and he could be a human darkwing duck.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
they look so cool together! i really dig mcboom. slight color tweak and he could be a human darkwing duck.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 am 
Thomas from Missourri

These are a very pleasant blast from the past. Can totally see them as the characters. Very clever cobbling.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:43 am 
Plug
Plug

I saw these on FB, but didn't have time to comment. These are fantastic. Just the right amount of homage versus updating the desgins.

I have some alternate ideas for Buttons if you like that don't involve hollowing out the chest cavity. First, the easiest, a Laser Viper typ back pack where the guns flip over from the back. I say easiest because it doesn't involve altering the figure, but engineering the packpack so it functions and fits with the character will still be challenging.

Second, drill out two of the buttons on the coat so just the end of the barrels and tips can plug into them. We don't need to to see the rest of the guns, just the pews pews sticking out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:06 pm 

alleyviperelite wrote:
2DARK2C wrote:

I don't remember seeing your Gizmo Not-Duck before. I've gone through multiple builds but haven't settled on a design yet, but I really like the battle droid base you came up with.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:16 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])