Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #7 -16 The CROOKS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:04 pm 

DanOfTheDead wrote:
alleyviperelite wrote:
2DARK2C wrote:
they look so cool together! i really dig mcboom. slight color tweak and he could be a human darkwing duck.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I don't remember seeing your Gizmo Not-Duck before. I've gone through multiple builds but haven't settled on a design yet, but I really like the battle droid base you came up with.
Gizmo is a basic ROTS Super Battle Droid with arms from a Star Wars Neimoidian Warrior also from ROTS, the weird elbows arent an issue for a robot. Swapped the hands for some Doc Ock tentacles I've had in my parts bin for a while. Made them interchangeable because I always liked the clumsiness of Gizmo Ducks gadgets. The legs were cut below the nonarticulated knees and attached to an axle ran through a cheapo undersized motorcyle wheel. Random shoulder pads gave the Droid body more shape. The head is from a robot line called DICE I've had laying around since TRU clearance days.

Gizmo is all robot for me, not a guy in a suit. My goals for the custom were the unicycle wheel, ridiculousness, and recognizable.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Pretty sure you were the first to make darkwing from that CC and inspired mine.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:04 pm 

Amazing work on these. I especially love the use of NS parts, too.

I picked up the Aces Wild Fortnite set, but still haven't found a right use for them. The bodies are just a smidge too cartoonish for many customs, but you found heads that work well with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:29 pm 

pluv wrote:
I saw these on FB, but didn't have time to comment. These are fantastic. Just the right amount of homage versus updating the desgins.

I have some alternate ideas for Buttons if you like that don't involve hollowing out the chest cavity. First, the easiest, a Laser Viper typ back pack where the guns flip over from the back. I say easiest because it doesn't involve altering the figure, but engineering the packpack so it functions and fits with the character will still be challenging.

Second, drill out two of the buttons on the coat so just the end of the barrels and tips can plug into them. We don't need to to see the rest of the guns, just the pews pews sticking out.
I still like the backpack idea but until I piece that together I designed and printed Buttons a concealed machine gun violin case, inspired by El Mariachi and his band mates.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:30 am 

i dig that case.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:15 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

everything in here is great AVE

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:38 pm 

The Crooks look good. I always love seeing homages to the awesome toy lines from the 80s in this scale.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:09 pm 

just looked again and noticed the weathering on the violin case. holy cow.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:15 am 

The Baroness needed an update. I found a clearance Catwoman figure and it wasn't much to turn her into Baroness.

I knew she needed longer hair but I couldn't find a suitable head. Instead I used this hair and trimmed the Catwoman head to fit it. Added a little green stuff to finish out the front.

The glasses are made from a small piece of twist tie wire. It's a technique I applied on my first custom of her years ago using an ink pen spring. By far it was the most tedious part of the figure to get the glasses sized and spaced for her head.

I was done but felt she was under accessorized. I briefly considered a briefcase, but that's almost cliche for me now so I decided a lady in her position would need to have away to stay in touch with everything. I gave her a smartphone made quickly from a Marauder armor panel.

Powerful women:

Chameleon, triple agent who infiltrated GI Joe as a Cobra turncoat. Billy thought he was using her for his own when he overthrew his father. In the end, she remains loyal to Cobra Commander and helped him escape when GI Joe and The Phoenix Guard invaded Springfield Island.

Carisma helped arrange Billy's escape from The Coffin prison island. A former blueshirt trooper, she rallied the remaining troops and has helped Billy rise as Cobra Commander III, the true leader of Cobra.

Baroness, Destro's wife and right hand. With her help, MARS is once again the most powerful weapons developer in the world. She, alongside Alexander, was held hostage by Billy and Darklon on Springfield Island. The Commander has used this to bring Destro and his IGs into the Red Shadows employ.

Karma, the leader of The Phoenix Guard. Ruthless senators taking bribes from Cobra created a replacement for the costly GI Joe program. Karma was given the command of the team. She recruited the best that she could and had her sights set on proving her team was better than GI Joe. Due to budget restraints her team could not grow. Allied with Destro to attack Springfield Island. Destro used Karma and her team as a distraction to rescue Baroness and Alexander. He then abandoned The Phoenix Guard. GI Joe was forced to expedite their plans to take down Billy and rescue The Phoenix Guard. She avoided punishment from her alliance using her political connections. Karma has since left the country with the remaining loyal Guard members and began recruiting former Cobra agents. She still believes her team can prove better than GI Joe and will take down Cobra and Destro.

Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #17 Baroness
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:30 pm 

baroness works well. i love the powerful group shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:56 am 

Excellent. That Catwoman screams Baroness and you executed the change of character superbly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:35 pm 

Dogfight sat the Adventure Team transport down on a seemingly uncharted island in an emergency landing. Sir Oliver Killington had hired some crack shots and they were trying to take the AT out for good. Dogfight and Bazooka began repairing the chopper while Dial-Tone tried to get a radio signal. Meanwhile Tollbooth and Alpine were scouting for a good place to make camp when they stumbled on a solid iron vault door imbedded in the rock. They alert Joe Colton and he pulled Scoop to go along and document the find.

With a little prying and a whole lot of persuasive language the team got the top open only to stare into complete darkness. The ladder was rusted and disappeared into the void.

General Colton began formulating a research plan when he heard the unmistakable whine of the chopper. They had better leave while the leaving is good. He marks the location in his GPS and on his map. The team will need to return better equipped to research this anomaly.

This is a Loot Studios model that I upsized to 1/18th. I also modded it to have open bottom so figures will actually go in the hole. Like all of their stuff, it's a really well detailed model that loses nothing when scaled up.

Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #18 Adventure Team Mystery Vault
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:39 pm 
Plug
Plug

Oh SNAP! It is the Lost Hatch all over again. DON'T DO IT!

Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #18 Adventure Team Mystery Vault
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:05 am 

I've been wanting to pick up one of the Lanard Xenomoprhs but kept waiting for a clearance and stumbled across this green one at a yard sale for a buck. Disappointed in the lack of elbows so I used some Star Wars knees to get the added articulation.

Some satin black and a purple wash later I've got a pretty good Xenomorph to go with my Lunartix.

How she measures up with Predacon, Lobotomaxx, and Carcass

Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #19 Lunartixx Xenomorph
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:18 pm 

the xeno looks great!

Post subject: Re: AVE 2022 #19 Lunartixx Xenomorph
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:22 am 

My son really wanted a regular Meowcsles to go with the light and dark versions in the two pack. I scored a couple clearance rack sets this weekend and added some paint apps to the light version for him.

He's not perfect but I'm trying to keep the shoulder area clear of paint.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])