Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:18 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cory "Rock 'n' Roll" McConnell
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:20 pm 

Cory McConnell, code name: Rock 'n' Roll
Surfer, body builder, surf-punk bass player on the weekends, special ops machine gunner M-F.
Head: Spartan118 #161
Torso: Planet Green Valley
Waist: Planet Green Valley
Arms: Storm Shadow ('09)
Legs: MTF male

Vest: MTF High Collar
Gun: MTF M240 Bravo
Bandolier: Rock n Roll ('08)

When I started conceptualizing my O13, I knew I wanted to put a unique spin on them. One of the first alterations I settled on was that RnR would be a woman. I had no idea how I was going to execute this, but I knew I wanted her to retain the basic bio of RnR. Most specifically to the custom, I wanted her to have a body builder physique. I did a lot of research and considered a lot of options before realizing that I had the perfect set of arms already in my parts bin. The SS arms not only worked proportionally, but were a perfect skin tone match for the PGV torso. (I was unable to match the skin tone when painting the head, unfortunately, and it's a bit out of character that this Californian surfer / body builder should be so pale, but let's not fixate on the negatives.) The rest came together quite quickly. The final touch was the tattoos, which are decals from eBay seller 87spuds. I went with a band of bullets around the left arm and an image of Athena on the right. Honestly, I think she'd probably have more, in reality, but I personally abhor clutter, so I kept it pretty minimal.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Cory "Rock 'n' Roll" McConnell
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:37 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Those arms were an inspired choice and I think you kept the number of small details just right.

If you wanted to darken the skin tone on the face, a trick I've used is to put a heavy dot of permanent marker in the color you're going for on a coated paper plate. Then spray some clear coat until you get a semi-transparent mini-puddle. Barely wet your brush and brush that over the area you're trying to tint, quickly and evenly.

It works for altering complexion and creating stubble effect, but you need to be fast and have a light touch or things could get gloppy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:12 pm 

i saw her in the gallery, and she looks great.

when you mix your skin tone add a little green and it will tone down that pink some. also i don't get super picky over skin tone matching perfect. in real life very few people are uniformly pigmented.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:10 pm 

Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:18 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])