Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: horses, dollar tree, safari, mojo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:46 pm 

edited title for search friendly er words...

anyone have a data base or pic heavy guide to 1:18 horses? I searched but not coming up with many pics of safari, shleigh, or ???

the dollar tree horses seem small, but this one works ok.
still small with a figure

i'm actually using the same horse on a current project
with schleigh saddle

I have some other dollar tree horses, but this is by far the best mold.

I just won, not received, a lot of 3 horses on ebay. 2 safari ltd and one mojo. I hope they scale better or atleast as good, if not they will be quarter pony rides infront of the k-mart.

please add in any pics you have of 4" figs and hawses :)

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: hawses
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:42 pm 

You had me at "Dollar Tree".

If it's small, and I don't know enough about horses to tell, then adding the the fur above the hooves works perfectly. It creates a sense of sturdiness, like it's bulky enough to support Warduke.

Did you sculpt the bone/horse mask?

Nice use of the mini-chain, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 pm 

the horse mask is a dollar tree skeleton rat heavily chopped up and horns added (dollar tree skeleton bird wing bones). I didn't even know it was dollar tree until drbindy id'd it as such. I found some and bought about 10 of the various styles. I have two 4 horse projects in mind not including the painted white horse shown.

here is my warhorse in the gallery http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... le&id=1632 somewhere in the crit section there is a long thred containing the wip pics as I went at it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:10 pm 

I say it's small, but I really don't know lol horses are all different. I had a very heavy guy ride up here on my place and the poor old horse he was on was sagging in the middle. looked like a cartoon horse when he got off it it stayed curved.

I know the images I've seen of the power team elite/world peacekeepers horse looks a lot bigger than the dollar tree horses I have.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:47 am 

It appears you are looking for Mighty Steeds from Boss Fight.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:01 pm 

oh I am aware of those lol I can't afford any presently, or in the near future. the boss fight horses are beautiful :)

I even have "when you replace your old horses with boss fight i'll take the old ones" in my want to trade for post. I am sure everyone who can afford them will be buying them. cowboys and fantasy guys, I bet the horse collector/customizers will buy them too. I bet they are cheap compared to the big $$$ collector horses.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:56 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
oh I am aware of those lol I can't afford any presently, or in the near future. the boss fight horses are beautiful :)

I even have "when you replace your old horses with boss fight i'll take the old ones" in my want to trade for post. I am sure everyone who can afford them will be buying them. cowboys and fantasy guys, I bet the horse collector/customizers will buy them too. I bet they are cheap compared to the big $$$ collector horses.

I know that feeling. I want one of those elks decked out in the Knight of Asperity gear with some dark unicorn wings but it ain't happening with my wallet. Not online of course. If I come across them at a convention I might not be able to talk myself out of it.

As to your collection question, I currently have three of the PTE horses and a couple of the camels. Still waiting for my daughter to outgrow her horses so I can take possession of them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:13 pm 

would you say the pte horses are big or just right for 4" figures? have you painted one?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:51 pm 

Here's a couple quick size comparison shots with a MTF fig, Resolute CC, newsculpt lizard, Maisto motorcycle, and 25th BATs.

Never painted one but they have the same feel as the PTE motorcycles and backpacks.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:54 pm 

if you happen upon a dollar tree horse i'd love to see a side by side. your pics make it seem like a very large horse, but there are angles and distance variances that may just be throwing it off.

the white horse above is sold at dollar tree black, and really is the only mold that would be good to go. all there others have derpy faces or unnatural legs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:15 pm 

I'll try to find a dollar store one. From my real life experiences with horses, I'd say the PTE is about perfect where the horses back is but the neck is a little too long.

Post subject: Re: horses, dollar tree, safari, mojo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:05 am 

dollar tree horses. I picked up multiple a few years ago. you will notice the black horse is so much better than the others in every way. the white horse is just off, the brown rough around the edges but 2nd best, the light brown was sculpted by a blind monkey.
destro on black DT
destro on brown DT
destro on white DT
destro on light brown DT
RB on brown DT
RB on white DT
RB on black DT

destro on my customized DT (black mold I painted white)
RB on my customized DT (black mold I painted white)
beside

overall the black DT mold is the only one that is even close to correct scale for 4" , they all work ok for o-ring joes. hard to believe but I think it is the one to judge all other static horses against. next time I see some more I need to pick them up for future use. even the seam is in a better location.

the 3 I just got from ebay. 2 safari ltd left and 1 mojo far right. these molds are great. they are all "fancy" and would take some work to look menacing.
sadly these are also better scale for o-ring figures than modern 4"
destro on mojo
destro on safari saddlebred
destro on safari arabian
RB on mojo
RB on safari saddlebred
RB on safari arabian

mojo vs black DT

safari vs black DT

mojo vs brown DT. the mojo is built like a tank and looks really good for a battle horse except for the huge raccoon looking tail.

Post subject: Re: horses, dollar tree, safari, mojo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:22 am 

i'm not too upset with my purchase because they were super cheap, just under $7 shipped off an ebay auction. I can see uses for them unmodified .the white safari horse as a unicorn, the brown as a mount for a fairy or lady, and the black mojo as a plow/buggy work horse. if I sculpt on the mojo a bit I think a war horse isn't out of the question, the other two not so much.

a couple shots I missed because my internet went down.

hopefully this will help someone else looking at static horses. please add any and all pics of your horses with figures.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:55 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])