Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: 3D Printing & Design
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:35 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

momaw nadon wrote:
I have been printing for a while now and to my surprise my printer still shocks me in what its capable of doing. I totally was off on dimensions for an organic model, which I got lost in making it look right over function I guess. Though when I printed it again not knowing it would not work, I had some pieces that were super thin. I would say they were about the thickness of a contact. Too bad they didn't survive the cleaning, as it was worse than wet tissue paper. I only need some resin that can hold up now knowing that it can be printed that thin if I ever require something that thin.

It's amazing the thinness you can achieve if you're either super careful or very careless (I've been the latter a lot more often than the former). On my Deep Six model I designed, the first time I printed out the dome for his helmet, it was super thin. I didn't even try cleaning it, I just hit it with UV to get it to set more. It was too thin to polish or anything to get it clear and usable. It was still amazing that it printed at all.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 3D Printing & Design
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:28 pm 

On the photogrammetry front, I have been having some success with the KIRI Engine app on my phone. https://www.kiriengine.com/

You get a couple free export coupons to start off, plus a weekly free export coupon that resets every week.

A couple of examples are a sculpture of Eddie I made way back in highschool. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5402347

And a scan of the Mag Warriors Paladar head, which I also applied the generated texture to the low poly version of the model for slightly more detail.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5422920

Not perfect, but definitely useable, and the ease of use is fantastic.

Attachments:
eddie.png
eddie.png [ 214.36 KiB | Viewed 3168 times ]
Paladar.png
Paladar.png [ 246.14 KiB | Viewed 3168 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])