Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Two painting related questions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:55 am 
Formerly Suburbanator

I have a couple of figures that I am just finishing up painting. I am doing the final details, then I will be ready to spray them with clearcoat. Question is, it’s starting to get really cold outside, is there a certain temperature where it’s too cold to spray them and let them dry outside?

Question number two, I am making a custom copperhead and would like to paint him like a version one or his 25th anniversary counterpart. Any suggestions for that bright blue and bright yellowish Green? I try to avoid mixing colors simply because I never stir up enough for several coats, or if I do, it dries up before I can apply the second or third coat. Just wondering if there is an acrylic paint out there that might match the color better than trying to mix something up .

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Two painting related questions
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:45 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Being colorblind, I can't answer the paint color question, but yes, it can be too cold to paint outside. Depending on the paint, this can be between 40F and 50F. You might be okay painting outside then moving it inside to dry, but I have not tried that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:29 pm 
Plug
Plug

MarkM wrote:
Being colorblind, I can't answer the paint color question, but yes, it can be too cold to paint outside. Depending on the paint, this can be between 40F and 50F. You might be okay painting outside then moving it inside to dry, but I have not tried that.
Agreed. As long as it isn't below freezing, 32 degrees, and is otherwise a nice dry day outside, you shouldn't have any problems.

As far as colors, Citadel Niblet Green fro the bright green and Sotek Green for the blue-green are pretty close.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:57 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

Thank you gentlemen. I’m going to try to take care of the clear coat now during a slight heatwave of low 50s.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])