Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question and input regarding castle project
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:11 pm 

I'm in the process of making a castle for Destro. I have the layout and been modeling up walls and towers for this project to be 3D printed. Though I have been wondering what all to totally include within the walls aside from the normal things you would find in a castle, so looking for ideas? I don't see the need for stables, so thinking of a motor pool in its place. I would think Great Hall would still be of use to Destro, as well as all other barracks/troop related buildings like armory etc and much of the things you would find in a house like kitchen etc. Chapel is something I wouldn't see Destro having/using, but perhaps the building would be repurposed. Then again, I don't have much information on Destro aside from cartoon/movie and filecards.

Besides that I'm going one step further also, as I would like to deck it out with art work and things. Trying to figure out what style to shoot for other than what comes to mind to me weapons. Though I do plan on adding the historical weapons because just make sense, but would like something more grand than just that. What would your take be on Destro's art style? If say he was to have animal statues adorning door ways, what would you think it would be? Do you think he would have any big game trophies? Would you think he would have busts of figures from history? If so, of who? One that comes to mind to me here would be Sir William Wallace for his role in Scotland's Independence, but do you think Destro would even care or admire the past to showcase something like that?

I'm open to any ideas/suggests, as I feel like I'm missing the obvious here. Thanks for anything at this point,

momaw nadon

My Brawlingness
or to view and/or leave Brawlingness click feedback button below

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Question and input regarding castle project
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:41 pm 

maybe a hall of armor and arms from history. i do think he would have hunting trophies plus unusual payments from world leaders/terrorists. fine art and marble sculptures, jewels and gold plated things. gold ak47's and 1911's for sure. elephant tusks, tiger/lion skins, shrunken heads and voodoo altars to jobu. a fishtank full of exotic deadly things.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:14 am 
Plug
Plug

Uh pictures of Lady Jaye and possilby the pink tentactled monster form Skeletons in the Closet. Fatal Flufflies. a British bulldog. One of the Tungston rods fire from space in Rise of Cobra. A giant Arashikage snkae skeletan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:03 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Destro seems like a guy who would be into art...but not just European classical. Maybe find artwork depicting war and violence since he comes from war profiteer background.

Animal trophy room seems legit--stuffed bears and mounted deer heads, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:15 pm 

Many castles have artwork of ancestors. And a lot of castle's seem to have artwork that tell stories. Like a lot of biblical stories or greek or germanic myths. I think this mural with the metal working seems appropriate for Destro Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:31 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I just wanna see a velvet Cobra Commander hanging somewhere...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:19 pm 

I did some research on armor/weapons from history. The idea of taking warrior garb from the greatest ancient armies around the world sounds cool. Though many of them all have the same problem in the display role, in they would need a manikin to hold everything together, like from Assyrian, Greek, Roman, and many others have much of the warrior exposed. Not sure I want to go this route, as it would be just making custom faceless figures. I would like to do more of what you see done with single pieces displayed in museums as being laid out etc or just having a frame to give everything placement/shape. Other problem is that many look very similar to one another and/or have hard-to-find/unclear reference images. I think more variety would suit Destro more, unless it was only of Scotland. What do you think?

Weapons have much of the same problem, but considered doing something with weapons of/with revolutionary designs etc. Though seems like I would just be left with a bunch of similar things to display and becoming redundant/dull. Would only do this on a small scale one or two wall type scope. AK-47 will be included in whatever I do. Not sure I would go much smaller than rifles as they would get lost within the scale I'm planning.

pluv wrote:
Uh pictures of Lady Jaye and possilby the pink tentactled monster form Skeletons in the Closet. Fatal Flufflies. a British bulldog. One of the Tungston rods fire from space in Rise of Cobra. A giant Arashikage snkae skeletan.

You need to elaborate Pluv? Pictures of Lady Jaye, pink tentacle monster, and British Bulldog, not understanding the context of these.

johnwayne, thanks for the pictures. I do like that hunting/trophy looking room. It also points out that smaller items in a large room get lost and/or starts to make an overly busy look.

Thanks everyone for the help,
momaw nadon

My Brawlingness
or to view and/or leave Brawlingness click feedback button below

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:30 pm 

pluv is talking about the cartoon where lady jaye is wondering around castle destro in her pj's. there is a cult of "druids" worshiping a creature in the dungeon. i don't recall but there may have been a lady jaye portrait or identical ancestors portrait too.

you could print a fancy looking cross to hang all your armors on if you want them free standing. your idea of them hanging on the wall is good too. they could run down a hallway.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:43 pm 

In your trophy room, perhaps have a wall of fame and do small print outs of the blueprints that came with the toys of 3 of his best sellers, I'd say H.I.S.S., Rattler, and F.A.N.G. would be good choices. Also maybe a custom S.N.A.K.E. armor suit (painted black, red, and gold perhaps) standing near them, to serve as a prototype?

I think his velvet painting should be pimp daddy Destro.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:01 am 

Well here is one of the comic versions of Castle Destro
Attachment:
Castle Destro.jpg
Castle Destro.jpg [ 174.13 KiB | Viewed 612 times ]

Personally I really believe he would still have the stables, if for no other reason than to help 'wheel and deal' with some customers to show off his respectability.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])