Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Post subject: NJC #98 topic: Game of Thrones due 10/30
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:15 pm 
Plug
Plug

After NJCC and getting to play with the BossFight fantasy series, I really wanted to tackle something to do with fantasy. Everyone seems to be talking about Game of Thrones and we haven't done anything with it yet. Any character from the books, tv show, or videogame(s) are fair game. Entries are due 10/30 to projects@joecustoms.com

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: NJC #98 topic: Game of Thrones due 10/30
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:38 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

pluv wrote:
After NJCC and getting to play with the BossFight fantasy series, I really wanted to tackle something to do with fantasy. Everyone seems to be talking about Game of Thrones and we haven't done anything with it yet. Any character from the books, tv show, or videogame(s) are fair game. Entries are due 10/30 to projects@joecustoms.com

Are character re-imaginings allowed? I really liked a series of Game of Thrones Post Apocalyptic character designs that were making the rounds.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:04 pm 

OOOooh. I think I have something for this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

I'm probably one of the few that hasn't seen G.O.T. yet, but I'm interested in this NJC.

A couple of questions to make me familiar with the series asap:
1. I've heard the first (couple of?) season is kinda boring, like you have to bite the bullet. True?
2. I definately don't have the time to binge watch all the seasons. Is there a season in particular that's suitable for hopping onto the G.O.T. train (and still be able to understand the story, without having missed important episodes)?
3. Which season do you think features the most interesting characters?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:10 pm 
Plug
Plug

MJTanner wrote:
Are character re-imaginings allowed? I really liked a series of Game of Thrones Post Apocalyptic character designs that were making the rounds.
Due to previous low turn outs, I'll allow it. Just be specific when you submit it "Bob as a Post Apocalyptic Dragon catcher" or whatever. Not every character will be familiar to everyone and knowing who and what someone is supposed to be will help with that.

Tim 121RVC wrote:
I'm probably one of the few that hasn't seen G.O.T. yet, but I'm interested in this NJC.

1. I've heard the first (couple of?) season is kinda boring, like you have to bite the bullet. True?
2. I definately don't have the time to binge watch all the seasons. Is there a season in particular that's suitable for hopping onto the G.O.T. train (and still be able to understand the story, without having missed important episodes)?

1) Somewhat true. The show has twists and turns and "Oh my gods" moments pretty much from the beginning, but the bigger payoffs and character plots do tend to come in later seasons after you've invested in said characters a while.

2) I don't know the answer to this. They tend to do callbacks to previous events that you would miss if you hadn't seen heard about them already. My only advice here is to read a wikipedia page and see which season sounds the most interesting to watch. With that said...

3) Season 3 and 4 in that order. Season 7 is also pretty good, but it is also the latest season and won't make as good a jumping on point.

Lastly, Funko has made figures of some of the characters from some of the seasons. So if you'd rather not dive into the series but just see which character(s) have the coolest design elements to pull form that would be a good start. Or like MJTanner, just google Game of Thrones characters and see what character inspires you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:52 pm 

Tim 121RVC wrote:

I have to say the first season was the best. It followed the first book pretty much to the page and introduced the major players. For a jumping on point it doesn't get better. The cast of characters multiplies in leaps and bounds through the books and the show but the characters introduced in that first season seem to be the most well thought out although they do age and change over time. I promise, watch the first season and you will find at least one character you are drawn to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:19 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Thanks, Pluv and AVE, those are helpful answers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 am 
HATES Mattel

The first season is the most boring to me, because it's almost all character set-up; but there's no other 'jump-in' season since the *entire* show is so character-based. The whole thing is very much worth watching precisely because of that, and the pay-offs we get when characters reach their arcs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 am 
Plug
Plug

1 week left. Time to start finishing up and getting pictures taken. Send entries to projects@joecustoms.com, 3 pics along with your board name, character name. If you include a bio or write up and parts list, those will get posted after the poll closes along with revealing who did which.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am 
Plug
Plug

WINTER IS COMING!

Literally.

I'm not saying Mother Nature is trying to serve up a reminder to everyone that the Game of Thrones entries are due Monday...but I'm not, Not saying it either. The timing could totally be coincidental. :snowjob: :snowstorm2: :windchill: :stalker2: :subzero: :bushido: :blizzard:

Attachment:
winter.jpg
winter.jpg [ 241 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])