Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:14 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hide & Seek - Chapter 6
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:52 am 
Thomas from Missourri

The search heats up for the escaped prisoner inside the Joe base and the fates of Grunt and Stalker are revealed in Chapter 6 of my latest dio-story arc, "Hide & Seek," which you can view at Camper's fantastic Checkpoint Alpha:

http://www.checkpointalpha.com/wb/pages/dio-stories/hide-seek/chapter-6.php

Give it a read and then pop back in here to let me know what you thought.

Thanks!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Hide & Seek - Chapter 6
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:20 am 

A new chapter! Woohoo! I've been looking forward to this and you do not disappoint Spin!

Another great chapter. You are the master of the cliff hanger, what a great (though irritating) way to end a chapter. I can't wait until the next chapter! Great stuff Spin!

The only thing I don't like is Gung ho. It took me a minute to figure who the crap the guy with Mindbender's head was. It is your preference however since it's your story, I'm certain that I'll become accustomed to it once the Cajun gets more involved.

When did Wild Bill join up? I don't remember him getting added to the team...
My only other question is when does Roadblock show up?

Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:33 am 

tigerguy786 wrote:
When did Wild Bill join up? I don't remember him getting added to the team...

Wild Bill's been around since Spin first started his dio's! If you haven't, go read "BEGINNINGS"! It's great!

Spin, freakin' awesome! Great way to keep the tension and suspense going. One cliffhanger after another, and yet I don't feel cheated. I don't feel like you've been dangling info in front of me and stringing me along, but ultimately giving me nothing. Each chapter is great and riveting! You've continued to outdo yourself and improve with every page. :-/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 am 
Rooty tooty point & shooty

Great stuff, Spin, very reminiscent of the old school comic story of Zartan in the Pit. Loved it...dialog was spot on as usual.

Cap's sets are simply amazing as usual.

Justin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:53 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

That was a nice treat finding this chapter up.
Another great job. Can't wait to see what's next. :-D

My customs- http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

So glad you guys are enjoying and that my irresistable urge to end these chapters with cliffhangers isn't starting to annoy you.

I'll be trying to keep these last chapters flowing with enough timeliness to make the waits for resolutions worth your while.

tigerguy786 wrote:

Relatively soon. I don't want to give away too much ahead of time, but the next story arc should feature a number of "new" (read: "Old Favorite") Joes. The team will need them by the time this story arc is over.

;)

General Hawk wrote:
Cap's sets are simply amazing as usual.

Indeed they are, and if I ever fail to call attention to that aspect of my stories, I hope my readers will always point it out. The whole time I was shooting Bludd & Fire, I was anxious to get to work on this story arc...specifically because I knew it would utilize those set pieces so much. They really are like characters unto themselves and I only wish everyone could have the pleasure of working (or playing) with them like I have.

Big thanks to Cap, the master of the multifunctional dio set.

And big thanks to you guys for taking the time to read and comment. You know I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:05 pm 

Another winner, Spin. Any story that begins with the proper use of the word "Jebus" has awesome written all over it :D

I really dig the whole "Aunt Bunny's secret recipes" angle - very well thought-out. I thought he'd turned all Roadblock-y at first (I'd forgotten what happened to him in the previous chapter.)

Can't wait until the next one!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:50 pm 

I had seen that you had started posting these, but wasn't able to take time to read them until now. (Sick day) What can I say that others haven't? The story and attention to detail is awesome, the sets are fantastic, and I really enjoy the character development. It has been a while since I read comic books, but you really have captured the feel of them, and for me, the anticipation of the next installment!

Awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:36 am 

I haven't really delved into checking out dios or fanfics much up till now, but you've got me hook, line and sinker! I kept seeing this thread when I hit "New Posts" and finally let my curiosity get the best of me...of course I had to go back and start at chapter 1, and when I did, I just couldn't stop! :) And then I had to go through "Bludd and Fire."

I know this thread is for H&S 6...but I have to say this...

There's an episode of MacGyver where he's captured by someone who wants information. In a particular scene, he's sitting in a chair and this goon behind him restrains him, wrapping his arm around Mac's neck and grabbing a fistful of hair with it other hand, and then the guy who wants the info injects Mac with a slow poison. Every time I see that, I get this twinge in my gut. Every time.

Now I say that to say...in "B&F" I got that same feeling when Duke was being tortured. Same when Zartan had ahold of the new guy in "H&S6." When I get that feeling, you know it's about as real as it can get, and I'm totally drawn in, cuz I'm not your typical girl who gets all emotional about everything and is easily freaked out.

Awesome job. I never read any of the comics, so I can't compare it to those. Your sets are great, and what you just said about them being characters themselves...absolutely. If you didn't give so much attention to what's in the background, something would certainly be lost. And it took me a chapter or two to catch onto this...but I love your clever switching hands thing to get poses just right. ;)

Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Out of date but still: http://not-your-average-joe.embarqspace.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:39 pm 
Plug
Plug

I gotta say your chapters are just as compelling as a tv like Lost or 24. A lot of build up but the pay off is so worth it. The cliffhanger is right up there as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:25 am 

Man, you honestly can't update fast enough!

Great chapter-- good flow and some fun dialogue as always.

Can't wait to see what happens in Part 7!

JoeBattlelines.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:00 pm 
Donor
Donor

leonardotdragon wrote:
I was a bit surprised that, after finding Breaker and Sparks down outside the cell block, the PIT was immediately placed on lockdown.

Leo, I think I can answer this one (and I think it's safe to unspoilerize, too. :))

Remember that all the commo equipment was offline, thanks to the system diagnostic. Until Breaker restored the PA system, there was no way /to/ initiate a lockdown.

Perhaps some mention of it in the pow-wow dialogue would have been nice -- something to show that Steeler didn't dream it up after Duke and the Joes went snipe-hunting. However, as you said, there was a lot of stuff to squeeze in, there. Easily forgivable.

Excellent work as always, Spin! (Oi, I really need to get my sets finished, so I can start updating my dio again.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:11 pm 

I hadn't been reading dios for a while, and just started up the other day.

Wow, Spin. The Microman hands REALLY add a whole new dimension to the figures. Great posing. Great hand gestures. That's really impressive.

Looking forward to seeing how this "Bludd" arc wraps up.

Men of Valor | Tim's Corner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the close reading (and excuse making on my behalf ;) ). Midgarn, consider your no-prize in the mail.

And, Tim, I'm very glad you approve of the micro-hand technique. It's funny, because I was just shooting a scene yesterday with a couple of figures who haven't had that adaptation yet and I was thinking of just how limited I felt.

I'll have to get to work making those mods on all my figures a.s.a.p.

Glad you're reading the stories again, though. It's a great time to be a dio fan, especially with Hawk updating Ghosts again!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:14 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])