Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• For any member of the site, click the "Feedback" button at the bottom of any PM or post they have made or find the "Feedback / Brawlingness" link within their board profile.
  • For any non-member, you may find a thread for feedback about them within this forum. The thread title will be their name followed by "feedback." An example would be "SuperCoolJoeFan's feedback".
  • Whenever you complete a trade with a non-member, reply to their thread.
  • If the non-member does not have a thread, you can create one for them using the above mentioned thread naming scheme.
  • The feedback threads are for both good and not so good experiences. Please, try to work out issues with a trader partner before posting. Remember that users have lives outside of this board and my not be able to respond to PM's on a daily basis. You can use this forum for these purposes as well if you feel the user has been non-responsive.

Post subject: Smalljoes shadiness . . .
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:04 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

I know a lot of people order from them, and I've had no problems on the occasions I have purchased from them, but this is just poor business ethics.

The account is taken from someone over on the Toymania.com forum, and I guess he's not the only one it happened to.

I placed my order very early when they had the cobra sets up on the website at roughly $37. I did order 5 sets but it's no crime to be an army builder. I'm sure they will use this as their "official" excuse.

I read later in the day that they did the questionable price increase (now $46 a piece) thing and possibly cheated a few people. Of course smalljoes comes on another website and says they didn't cheat anyone. Well now I have proof that they did. After reading about this debacle yesterday, I went and rechecked my order that night and it was still active and at the $38 a piece that I ordered. Well this morning after reading this thread's new posts on a joe related website, I went back and double checked; smalljoes voided my order without any email or contact. Straight from their website:

"Order status: Void

Status / Comments:
Status change: Cancelled on Thursday July 9, 2009 2:00am (GMT)
Status change: Void on Thursday July 9, 2009 2:00am (GMT)"

Even if there are reasons for it, to do it without notification, and after they've raised the price, that's just bad business. It seems that he isn't the only person this happened to either.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Smalljoes shadiness . . .
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:50 pm 

Raising the prices isn't a bad thing...I mean it's no difference in being a scalper..(I hate scalpers) BUT they should have let you know "hey, we are raising the price, you wanna cancel your order" or "Since you preordered before the price increase, we are going to let you have it for the price before the price increase."

I'll be honest, if a toy costs 25 bucks for you to buy and you sell it from your site for say 10 bucks more and charge shipping..you made 10 bucks...but if you have it listed 10 bucks more then go and change it because of the demand to say 30 bucks more...you might as well be an ebay store..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:00 pm 

Yeah, I ordered though bbts, but other people got hit with this. I don't care that they want to charge whatever price they're charging (I'll just find the best price and buy there) but to offer something at one price, take orders, then raise the price and cancel the existing orders, well, that's just B.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:05 pm 
Baron Shooty Von Shooterwelm
Baron Shooty Von Shooterwelm

Or maybe Hasbro raised the prices?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:23 pm 

RedClaw wrote:

Could be.

I don't think anyone is questioning the raising of prices.

Rather the canceling of orders with no notification/explanation.

G.I. Joe is a superior film to Transformers in every way. It is, hands down, the most action packed movie of the summer. Any kid who hates the movie should be taken out back and beaten with a two by four because I can't imagine any kid not liking this

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:56 pm 

Quote:
RedClaw wrote:

Could be.

I don't think anyone is questioning the raising of prices.

Rather the canceling of orders with no notification/explanation.

Right. The least they could have done was say"sorry we made a mistake on the price, the new price is "x" you can cancel or recieve your order for the new price. sorry for the inconvenience."

that would be the right way to do business.

I would trust Disney to write a script for how to live the rest of my life before I would let Lucas write directions for wiping my ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:04 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

ModSpeak: Because this is second-hand information about a third-party site, the thread really belongs in this forum.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])