Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• For any member of the site, click the "Feedback" button at the bottom of any PM or post they have made or find the "Feedback / Brawlingness" link within their board profile.
  • For any non-member, you may find a thread for feedback about them within this forum. The thread title will be their name followed by "feedback." An example would be "SuperCoolJoeFan's feedback".
  • Whenever you complete a trade with a non-member, reply to their thread.
  • If the non-member does not have a thread, you can create one for them using the above mentioned thread naming scheme.
  • The feedback threads are for both good and not so good experiences. Please, try to work out issues with a trader partner before posting. Remember that users have lives outside of this board and my not be able to respond to PM's on a daily basis. You can use this forum for these purposes as well if you feel the user has been non-responsive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: kingofpain26 is behind on his debts
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 pm 

I don't get the impression he is coming.

I certainly would not want to go somewhere where 4 or more people would be wanting to collect. That would make a scene.

Is there anything the law can do? Could there be a chance he could be arrested?

Oneforceleader, Rambo, ronin, Silent Master, Suburbanator
toy-nutz, Tsunami, Wowboy, pugsley, spin doctor

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:19 am 

beav wrote:
Could we get "KOP is a deadbeat" t-shirts made for the con?

I'm looking at you j-man :shifty: I'd wear that shirt to every toy show or con I went to

TFK
My current wants: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22017

My Stuff for trade: http://s611.photobucket.com/tradestuff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 am 

I haven't been around in awhile, mostly because I have had other things going on. I usually am on Facebook everyday( some of you know this)

That said, I came back here to check out the celebration and saw this post was updated.

I was friends with Rashawn. I even defended him at one point because what he was telling me was the exact opposite of what was going on. Last year, we would have lengthy conversation about who he was going to pay and who he wasn't...usually saying "f...them". Last year before the convention he was in and out of homlessness and the hospital. He had no money but yet had a cell phone to call me. When He did have money from his security job, he spent over 100 bucks on figures from eBay. He started buying a bunch of crap and then asking me if I could help him or his eBay account would close. I refused in ground that I didn't think spending money on that stuff was wise when he owed others. He didn't seem to care. He would talk about people being jealous of him and his ties to the club and hasbro and that certain things were his ideas the club used. He would sing the blues about how people are turning on him and that people are lying to make himself look bad. I tried to remain positive about him though I never met the guy in person.

The last straw for me was when I wouldn't go to the convention with him and he was acting like I betrayed him. He was just being rude and I called him out on it. I cut all ties to him.

He sees himself as a victim. A victim of circumstance, a victim of people besmirching his name and a victim of society. He creates his own problems and then wonders why no one talks to him. Usually using jealousy or people being racist as an excuse ( yes, he has said that).
He doesn't see his actions are the cause of his problems and has the "well it's your fault for trusting me" attitude.

I don't feel sympathy for him. I don't feel like he deserves second chances. He's had them and squandered them. I am sure he is trolling right now. He gets a kick out of it. Looking at posts about him. He takes notes. He'll read all this, call us liars, post somewhere else and draw in more people.
Sad thing is, I have never made any deals with him nor does he owe me money. I was just a friend trying to hear him out and lend a hand..he bit that hand with his "everyone is against me" attitude.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:01 pm 
Rooty tooty point & shooty

Quote:
He would talk about people being jealous of him and his ties to the club and hasbro

:rotfl:

Heh... sorry. Couldn't help myself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I think it's pretty sad when the only word I can use the describe this entire circle o events is 'cliche'.

That's what it has become, a cliche.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 am 
Plays a cop
Plays a cop

chaosx wrote:
I haven't been around in awhile, mostly because I have had other things going on. I usually am on Facebook everyday( some of you know this)

That said, I came back here to check out the celebration and saw this post was updated.

I was friends with Rashawn. I even defended him at one point because what he was telling me was the exact opposite of what was going on. Last year, we would have lengthy conversation about who he was going to pay and who he wasn't...usually saying "f...them". Last year before the convention he was in and out of homlessness and the hospital. He had no money but yet had a cell phone to call me. When He did have money from his security job, he spent over 100 bucks on figures from eBay. He started buying a bunch of crap and then asking me if I could help him or his eBay account would close. I refused in ground that I didn't think spending money on that stuff was wise when he owed others. He didn't seem to care. He would talk about people being jealous of him and his ties to the club and hasbro and that certain things were his ideas the club used. He would sing the blues about how people are turning on him and that people are lying to make himself look bad. I tried to remain positive about him though I never met the guy in person.

The last straw for me was when I wouldn't go to the convention with him and he was acting like I betrayed him. He was just being rude and I called him out on it. I cut all ties to him.

He sees himself as a victim. A victim of circumstance, a victim of people besmirching his name and a victim of society. He creates his own problems and then wonders why no one talks to him. Usually using jealousy or people being racist as an excuse ( yes, he has said that).
He doesn't see his actions are the cause of his problems and has the "well it's your fault for trusting me" attitude.

I don't feel sympathy for him. I don't feel like he deserves second chances. He's had them and squandered them. I am sure he is trolling right now. He gets a kick out of it. Looking at posts about him. He takes notes. He'll read all this, call us liars, post somewhere else and draw in more people.
Sad thing is, I have never made any deals with him nor does he owe me money. I was just a friend trying to hear him out and lend a hand..he bit that hand with his "everyone is against me" attitude.

Its unfortunate to say the least when members have fallen behind on their obligations to their friends/community, and get themselves banned over it, even having been given chances to correct it.

Toy collecting is great, and fun and its even better when you can be part of a larger group of guys that do the exact same thing, and share ideas, tips and feeling of community. When 'GET THE TOOOOOOYS!' comes above all, and you lose the community part of it, lose friends over it, suddenly (I would think), it would be a boring, lonely hobby if you had no one to share it with. No one to hang out with at cons. No one to call, Facebook, email, text with.

I mean, the toys will ALWAYS be there. Take care of your obligations, don't take advantage of a VERY small community where news spreads fast, and everyone talks. We've all made mistakes. We've all screwed up. All it takes is saying 'I messed up, but I am going to fix it'... then fix it. People want their community members to be here. They WANT good trades/deals to be honored, even if a speed bump occurs. No one wants to post in these sections. People before toys. The toys will ALWAYS be there. People won't if they get burned. It's really not that difficult a concept.

Disappointing. :-|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 pm 

This is my final response to this thread.

I had to make a difficult sacrifice to sell my "hard to find/sought after items" to make up for the loss from this bad deal. Those were items that were painstakingly time consuming to find and I realize that I can never get them at a cheaper price ever again.

The time and effort accumulating those items from the past 10 years had to be sold off within a matter of weeks. I ain't happy about it, but I have to take it as "a Man" and handle priorities.

All I can do is take a close friend's advice and "write off" the $400.00 that the person owed because I don't need to lose sleep over it. Besides, I've already made more of the money from my sales. So at least I can afford to pay my credit card debt and other expenses.

But the negative aspect of this made me realize that I may never be able to enjoy this hobby as much as I used to.

I may "forgive", but will I "forget"? Most certainly not.
There is no excuse for what has transpired recently.

Words of advice.

Next time you buy something expensive, make sure you keep the receipt.

Besides, if the vessel is sinking rapidly, abandon ship. The crew and passengers should not go down with the sinking ship. The boat's Captain has the obligation to do that. :-|

Ya know that "Oktober Guard/Iron Grenadier" set that wasn't paid for? Well, by the time the 2nd run of sets arrive, the value is gonna drop in price from what it was originally worth. At least I'm not taking it at a loss. :-|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:37 pm 
Plays a cop
Plays a cop

miragearmor wrote:
This is my final response to this thread.

I had to make a difficult sacrifice to sell my "hard to find/sought after items" to make up for the loss from this bad deal. Those were items that were painstakingly time consuming to find and I realize that I can never get them at a cheaper price ever again.

The time and effort accumulating those items from the past 10 years had to be sold off within a matter of weeks. I ain't happy about it, but I have to take it as "a Man" and handle priorities.

All I can do is take a close friend's advice and "write off" the $400.00 that the person owed because I don't need to lose sleep over it. Besides, I've already made more of the money from my sales. So at least I can afford to pay my credit card debt and other expenses.

But the negative aspect of this made me realize that I may never be able to enjoy this hobby as much as I used to.

I may "forgive", but will I "forget"? Most certainly not.
There is no excuse for what has transpired recently.

Words of advice.

Next time you buy something expensive, make sure you keep the receipt.

Besides, if the vessel is sinking rapidly, abandon ship. The crew and passengers should not go down with the sinking ship. The boat's Captain has the obligation to do that. :-|

Ya know that "Oktober Guard/Iron Grenadier" set that wasn't paid for? Well, by the time the 2nd run of sets arrive, the value is gonna drop in price from what it was originally worth. At least I'm not taking it at a loss. :-|

Two other lessons to consider from this:

NEVER lend money. You can GIVE money as a gift, but never expect to get it back. Thats how it works out 95% of the time.

Next, pay attention to the warning threads on the boards. That part is 100% your fault.

Sorry you had to experience this. Upsetting that this kinda stuff has gone on a few times in recent memory in this otherwise tight-knit community.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 am 

I just popped in to the board since I have taken a break from the hobby since the last JoeCon.

I left the Con with RaShawn owing me $125 (out of the initial $300), and he told me he should be able to pay me back $25 at a time over the next few months.

After some pestering, I did get $25, but I never got the remaining $100. Some of this is my fault because I stopped trying to follow up with him.

Obviously I would like to get the remaining $100 from him, but as I told him, these events messed up his karma, and his life will not be good until he straightens them out. Honestly, within hours of him paying me $75 he met a lady in New Orleans and had a few good nights (or so I was told). He didn't follow through with me, so his karma probably took a turn back down the ole dark highway.

Sorry to hear that you got hosed, but the warnings had been out there for a pretty long time. Good luck on getting reimbursed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 pm 

If you'd like to know, KoP attended a local collectors BBQ in my area "without invite" 2 summers ago. Only a few people, including me, reached out to him. It's unfortunate that things went south the way it did. It's not right of him to have people pay for him when he can't pay them back and not consider the consequences of his actions. Giving him the benefit of the doubt has left me a sour note and made me question people's motives in future business deals with people I encounter.

As much as I'd like to continue ranting, it may not get me back a fraction of the money he owes me. But most assuredly, he's lost out on a potential camaraderie with an amazing group of collectors in the region. He may not be getting another BBQ invite in the foreseeable future because we're "being strict" with invites from now on.

You can only hope for him to do good with his life, but it's not my call and it's not our business.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:55 pm 
Plays a cop
Plays a cop

miragearmor wrote:
If you'd like to know, KoP attended a local collectors BBQ in my area "without invite" 2 summers ago. Only a few people, including me, reached out to him. It's unfortunate that things went south the way it did. It's not right of him to have people pay for him when he can't pay them back and not consider the consequences of his actions. Giving him the benefit of the doubt has left me a sour note and made me question people's motives in future business deals with people I encounter.

As much as I'd like to continue ranting, it may not get me back a fraction of the money he owes me. But most assuredly, he's lost out on a potential camaraderie with an amazing group of collectors in the region. He may not be getting another BBQ invite in the foreseeable future because we're "being strict" with invites from now on.

You can only hope for him to do good with his life, but it's not my call and it's not our business.

I wouldnt let this experience affect your future trust in people. Most transactions go off without a problem. I think the bigger issue here was disregarding the warnings that were posted everywhere in this instance.

It is unfortunate, to say the least. Ive dealt with KOP many times and never had a problem. Dudes never been anything but pleasant to me. But, lending ANYONE money is always a recipe for disaster, family included. Give money as a gift if some one is in hard times, but never a loan.

Ultimately, life is fair and a reflection of your choices. If anyone chooses to be less than honest if their dealings, its going to catch up with them sooner or later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 pm 

Sorry to bring up bad memories but if you guys have not been paid fully back by kingofpain26 he is right here on this website debating if aliens will lose to such and such :roll:

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum ... forumid=12

just watchout for renegadeleader he seems to be good friends with kingofpain26. He is unstable and violent. He tracked me down on every website I am on, he let me know this, let me know he was watching my friends too, stalked me on a avpwiki and attack me viciously. Posted my personal information with links and tried to make me look like a fool.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:47 pm 

Thanks for the heads up. Lets try to keep responses to this thread to people who had some form of trade or transaction with KOP, however, in order to avoid unnecessary bashing in violation of the respect rule. If any of that behavior follows you here, please let the mods know ASAP, so we can act accordingly. Member harassment will not be tolerated.

"i love you, Lance Sputnik." (Joemichales70)

:lacespudneck: :mindbender:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])